PH question

• Thread starter smokey203
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smokey203

I know that ph is supposed to be around 6.5 per plant but if i have 2 plants in the same soil wouldn't that mean it has to be around 13? Maybe i should just throw a bunch of dolomite lime on top to raise the ph? Maybe 1 cup.

Natural

Natural

no...it wouldn't mean to double the PH...keep it between 6.5-6 for veg and I like to drop to 5.8-6 for flower.
It's a logarithmic scale..meaning each one unit change in PH is expressed in a ten fold change.

pH Value
0 battery acid
1 concentrated sulfuric acid
2 lemon juice, vinegar
3 orange juice, soda
4 tomato juice, acid rain
5 black coffee, bananas
6 urine, milk
7 pure water
8 sea water, eggs
9 baking soda
10 Great Salt Lake, milk of magnesia
11 ammonia solution
12 soapy water
13 bleach, oven cleaner
14 1 liquid drain cleaner

S

smokey203

Oh cool man thanks alot my ph is at like 8 i was wondering why it was turning brown and yellow, but im confused by what you mean? So if i want it at 6 i would either piss on it or get some other type of urine or water it with milk? I just want whats best for my plant and thanks for the help.

Natural

Natural

god no! that was to give you an idea of the PH scale..if you did 13 PH it would be the equivalent of bleach..lol
...just use a PH adjuster..I like natural ones like earth juice brand, safer brand, nectar for the gods (liquid lime ph up)...so on and so forth. Usually it is PH up that is needed but get both and practice using only the small amount needed to bring it into optimal range. Best to mix your nutrients then let it sit for an hour or two before adjusting.

Bannacis

Bannacis

Water with MILK...lol please get some grow books, you need to learn the basics, and to start off growing without any knowledge can only be disastrous. If your using your tap water, check its ph. and tap usually has chlorine/chloramine in it. if your growing using organic nutrients it will kill the organism in it and you will have dead soil. This site is great for info and we are here to help, but you must help yourself first.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Come on, guys, some people truly do not understand what pH is or how it affects living organisms and chemical reactions.

You can absolutely water with milk, in fact I have used raw milk as a foliar and to help bring back areas of my poor soil. I also use my urine for feeding (not pH adjustment).

Now what?

To the OP, Natural's trying to help you understand what can be a sticky subject to grasp. What you need to know right now is that dolomitic lime will tend to push pH into the 8 range. Therefore, you don't want to use that. You want all the plants to be in the same pH 6.5 soil, nothing like doubling occurs unless particular chemistry is at work. If it did, not only would your plants be dead, but you would be seriously chemically burned. A soil pH of 6.5 is perfect, so don't change it.

P

paulycali

Are you talking about the soil ph or the ph of the water?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I would agree, if he were using numbers that correlate to EC. Think about it, an EC of 6.5...???

Bannacis

Bannacis

Come on, guys, some people truly do not understand what pH is or how it affects living organisms and chemical reactions.

You can absolutely water with milk, in fact I have used raw milk as a foliar and to help bring back areas of my poor soil. I also use my urine for feeding (not pH adjustment).

Now what?

To the OP, Natural's trying to help you understand what can be a sticky subject to grasp. What you need to know right now is that dolomitic lime will tend to push pH into the 8 range. Therefore, you don't want to use that. You want all the plants to be in the same pH 6.5 soil, nothing like doubling occurs unless particular chemistry is at work. If it did, not only would your plants be dead, but you would be seriously chemically burned. A soil pH of 6.5 is perfect, so don't change it.

thing is you really don't want nubes to start that way, because pretty soon its, should I use 2% or whole milk...yada yada!!
Best have them learn basics.

S

smokey203

well now that you mentioned it should i use 2% or whole milk? does it make a difference?

S

smokey203

oh and i added 2 tablespoons ofpelletized dolomite lime to the top of my soil and watered it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
well now that you mentioned it should i use 2% or whole milk? does it make a difference?
Depends on what you want to achieve. For bringing back poor soils, I like whole raw milk. For treating PM, I'll use dry nonfat milk. The possibilities are practically endless. I have not yet found a use for CHEESE, except in mah belleh.
oh and i added 2 tablespoons ofpelletized dolomite lime to the top of my soil and watered it.
Ok, but you probably didn't have to. What do you know and understand about pH? I think that's the best place to start here.

Top Bottom