pH rising in res

• Thread starter dankemhunter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Using RO water that has a neutral pH of 7. I have been adding around 3ml per gallon cal mag 1ml silica .5 drip clean and Mills base nutrients around 5ml AB 4ml R. Ive noticed my pH will rise from 5.8 to 6.5 by the next day and to 7.5-8 the next. Could it be from aerating it? Not running recirculating. Just DTW in coco. Girls are drinking once a day so I have been trying to mix a res once a week or so and use that every day.

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Yes it can come from aerating it, also from healthy plants. ...do you have a lid on your rez?

Yep I have lid on it and its aerating. Lid is partially cracked for humidity purposes. I will pull airstones out and see if that keeps it still. So you're also saying if I test my runoff, and my pH is higher than what went in, my plants are enjoying the feed?

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Dropped this res down to 6.0 pH, pulled the stones. Going to see what happens. Giving this solution to plants later and then mixing a new one. Could the drip clean or Cal-mag cause pH to rise over time? Or silica?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Leave the tube in you need aeration. ...did you treat your coco before planting?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Dropped this res down to 6.0 pH, pulled the stones. Going to see what happens. Giving this solution to plants later and then mixing a new one. Could the drip clean or Cal-mag cause pH to rise over time? Or silica?
Great questions most call mag will drop ph, silica and drip clean will raise it

Last edited:
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Using RO water that has a neutral pH of 7. I have been adding around 3ml per gallon cal mag 1ml silica .5 drip clean and Mills base nutrients around 5ml AB 4ml R. Ive noticed my pH will rise from 5.8 to 6.5 by the next day and to 7.5-8 the next. Could it be from aerating it? Not running recirculating. Just DTW in coco. Girls are drinking once a day so I have been trying to mix a res once a week or so and use that every day.
Sounds decent for hydro synthetic approach. Coco as your medium , I would use organic method....but I've seen decent results with chems!

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Some ph swing is OK I think your alright though....any pics? House the plants look? Age, environment, etc
I think u might be missing the point a tiny bit my man. I appreciate u taking time though! This isn't the pH coming through my coco. I will add all my nutrients to a fresh RO res and by the next day it will be up by a whole point and then the next day, two.

I will snap pictures now and post in a few with temperature and humidity :)

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Coco is stubbornly stuck in 6 range usually takes treatment of cal mag GO in my case, before planting to get around 5.8 ph. when its time for flowering you'll shoot for 5.5 and that's tough for me without the pre treatment.......those high ph that your getting is fine in veg but is going to hinder you in flower, in my most humble opinion

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I think u might be missing the point a tiny bit my man. I appreciate u taking time though! This isn't the pH coming through my coco. I will add all my nutrients to a fresh RO res and by the next day it will be up by a whole point and then the next day, two.

I will snap pictures now and post in a few with temperature and humidity :)
Got it ya.......i didn't read that right

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Yep I have lid on it and its aerating. Lid is partially cracked for humidity purposes. I will pull airstones out and see if that keeps it still. So you're also saying if I test my runoff, and my pH is higher than what went in, my plants are enjoying the feed?
Mix up an acid spray for lid and let the drip adjust for you but a lot of this effort seems outside the box for coco, just saying.....I'm a big fan of outside the box though....

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

[Q6000 pTE="dankemhunter, post: 1348637, member: 63228"]I think u might be missing the point a tiny bit my man. I appreciate u taking time though! This isn't the pH coming through my coco. I will add all my nutrients to a fresh RO res and by the next day it will be up by a whole point and then the next day, two.

I will snap pictures now and post in a few with temperature and humidity :)[/QUOTE]
My bad I'm still learning this multi quote bit , so have you tested the run off? Pics would say the most whether or not plants are enjoying it.....I would say a healthy runoff for coco in veg would be 68° 600 ppm, 6.0 pH

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Okay so I snapped a few pictures.
1st picture is a table full of Ace of Spades and Plushberry.
2nd and 3rd pictures are GG#4. This flower room is 3k and day 4. Trellised them two days ago. They are fighting for who's going to be on top! lol
4th and 5th pictures are my veg room. This is what I like my veg room to bounce around. Low 80's lights on 60-70rh. Flower room those numbers are a bit lower.
6th picture is the test I am currently running. One gallon has mills with cal mag. One gallon has mills with drip clean. And one gallon has mills with drip clean and cal mag. In another room I have a res with mills, drip clean, and cal mag. I should be able to determine what is rising the pH over time now. If they all rise, then we have issues lol. But for now, I think I should spot the weakest link....

Ace and Plush day 4 10 28 14
GG4 flower day 4
GG4 flower day 4 canopy
Veg room coco 10 28 14
Veg temp and humidity 10 28 14
PH test 10 28 14

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

:)Every thing looks good, paralysis by analysis! Keep doing what your doing pics look fire....out of curiosity would you share your runoff veg and flower readings

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

:)Every thing looks good, paralysis by analysis! Keep doing what your doing pics look fire....out of curiosity would you share your runoff veg and flower readings

Yeah I will. As of now my tables are running off onto Tote lids so I cant really read it. Tomorrow or the next day I am going to purchase a bunch of Totes that will fit under my tables that are 8 inches off the ground. When I fill one of those babies up, ill keep u posted. Thanks for checkin my shit out bro, love quality farmers!

T

toquer

Do you clean your air stones and resi in between? I get what you are saying about it being a fresh resi and you are running dtw and this is the feed resi not a recirculating system. You might have a bacteria that is breaking down your solution. Perhaps peroxide or bleach to ensure sterility?

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Do you clean your air stones and resi in between? I get what you are saying about it being a fresh resi and you are running dtw and this is the feed resi not a recirculating system. You might have a bacteria that is breaking down your solution. Perhaps peroxide or bleach to ensure sterility?

You could be right. I have a scrubby pad and in between water changes which is no more than once a week, I pour just fresh water and scrub my air stones and res. I mean there is no salt build up or anything when Im done. But I will have to try some bleach when my res is finished

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Yeah so I checked my flower runoff and it was +150, pH 6.5. So I ran some ~200 ppm solution through them to give em a little flush.

Top Bottom