pH rising in res

• Thread starter dankemhunter
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

:confused:Sounds like coco is inert , 200 is a Lil low dontcha think? Plants look great though? Must be using a dop3 foliar?

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

:confused:Sounds like coco is inert , 200 is a Lil low dontcha think? Plants look great though? Must be using a dop3 foliar?

Deffinitely a little low. I just stuck them in flower though and ppm was higher coming out than in so I like to play it safe and give it a full flush just once. And the ones in flower are in bulk wool. They are getting 1.3 EC as of now though

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Also, the foliar I am using is Dutch Master Liquid Light and Dutch Master Saturator both at 30ml per quart. I spray 1-2 hours after lights on (turn down my lights to 400w) 1-2 times a week. Super simple. Sometimes I add some Nitrozyme. My plants are always reaching straight up a couple hours after spray. Heisenberg Tea once every week or two too.

blazer

blazer

Kinda new with coco myself but noticed ph was kinda high in beginning in the mid 6 range would drop ph to 5.5ish and they seem to love it seems like I got em at 5.8 they are doing good hit them @5.6 and they just seem to love it, using canna coco A&B Also using canna coco!

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

6.0. And my tests are actually going pretty well. pH hasn't changed a bit since I pulled my airstones. I've got 4 different little tests samples going and as of 12 hours, they haven't moved. But time will tell
If the air still bothers your ph try spraying the lid and you can switch from air pump to water pump to create a water fall in res which will aerate also but that could mess with your water temp...I didn't catch your water temp, but temp definitely messes with ph

alligator

alligator

Try this- instead of air stones(which will raise it), drop a little submersible pump in there to keep it stirred. Put it on a timer, doesn't need to stay on.
Personally I don't think res needs extra stirring, but... That's an old debate.

Also- try a batch without silica. That could be your culprit.

And one more thing, unrelated to your inquiry but still related- instead of one feed a day, try 2-3 shorter feeds a day. (You'll also want to reduce your ppms with more feedings, 600-900ppm give or take depending on system, plant size, nutes, etc).
Think of like this- when your trying to get in shape, or body building- do you want one big meal a day or multiple smaller meals a day?
The multiple meals increase your metabolism.
Gonna pm you a link-

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Try this- instead of air stones(which will raise it), drop a little submersible pump in there to keep it stirred. Put it on a timer, doesn't need to stay on.
Personally I don't think res needs extra stirring, but... That's an old debate.

Also- try a batch without silica. That could be your culprit.

And one more thing, unrelated to your inquiry but still related- instead of one feed a day, try 2-3 shorter feeds a day. (You'll also want to reduce your ppms with more feedings, 600-900ppm give or take depending on system, plant size, nutes, etc).
Think of like this- when your trying to get in shape, or body building- do you want one big meal a day or multiple smaller meals a day?
The multiple meals increase your metabolism.
Gonna pm you a link-

Great information man. It is taking my girls about 2-3 minutes on the drip system to get run off. So I think I will start doing 3, 1 minute feeds. Good thinking.

As for water temperatures caveman, They are hovering around 66-70 at all times.

As for water circulation in my res. I left airstones in my res, but I put them on a timer. They turn on about 8 times a day for 2 minutes, evenly spread out. I got a light film on top of my water when I left it stagnant over night.

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

So it has been about 24 hours since I mixed all my test batches, and none of their pH's have moved. It had to have been the airstones. I had a pretty extreme pump in there and it was bubbling hard. Probably my issue. As for the silica, I wasnt adding silica when I was having problems. So it had to be something else. As for my test sample with just Mills Nutrients and Cal Mag, It is the only batch that moved my pH up by .2. So who knows. Airstone seemed to be my issue though.

dexfarm

dexfarm

I'm having the same issue as well, i'll stop the airstones and see what happens.

alligator

alligator

Right on.
Airstones will do it for sure. Will also cause the phosphorus to evaporate faster.
Like I mentioned earlier- if you want to stir nutes, throw a little submersible pump in there on a timer.
If you have a low height Rez or strong pump, make a little gooseneck pipe attachment pointing back down, or better-horizontal, to keep the water from spraying up like a fountain. Aquarium shops also have cool little gizmos that fan water back & forth too.

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Deffinitely the airstones. Also there is no need for supplements with Mills Nutrients. Pretty solid line. The calmag isnt needed, nor drip clean, nor silica. So i mixed a res w/ just Mills and it has been stable for 2 days. I have airstones in there on a timer. They turn on for 15 minutes, 3 times a day. Hasnt moved my pH so no complaints anymore.

O

organiclover

dankemhunter - i think you should consider using smaller pots

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Oh yeah I totally agree @organiclover. I am using 3 gallons when in reality I should be using 2 gallon for the size of my plants. But next run and all after this one will be 4 plants per light so the 3 gallons will do. Plants arent complaining though..

O

organiclover

i see guys growing 8-10 ft tall plants in 2 gallon pots of coco ........ which is where i am headed

Top Bottom