PH Run Off

• Thread starter Exodius
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Smokeyjojackson

^^^^ Yeah that!^^^^^

Just saying, No pH meters, no ppm meters, or anything fox farm in my garden. The only bottles on my shelf are Protekt, Ful-Power, and molasses.

View attachment 393430
P-

Your ladies are absolutely beautiful!

I just this week decided to get off the bottle and go 100% organic. No more General Organics line for me. I just did my first ACT this week with a simple 50gal airlift brewer I threw together. This next run will be 100% organic and the babies got their first taste of tea the other day. I just transplanted clones into roots organic amended with just over 1/3 cup of dolomite lime, roughly 3-4 cups of EWC, and about 20% chunky perlite (just over 3 gal pots).
I am extremely excited to see just how mine turn out next round.

The finished product is already top shelf so I am pretty excited to see what nature can do!

burn4me

burn4me

Hey all you organic growers.... what would be the bare bone additives would a noob need to add to his pro mix for a simple organic grow? Ive read a lot of mixes but they seem to be extravagant farmers. Im on a budget and am finishing off my ffof soil mix and have 3.8 cuft of pro mix HP just waiting. So if i can get by only adding a few things thats what im looking for thanks

sixstring

sixstring

promix will need alot more "work" to make ready for an all organic grow.i would grab some other soil to mix with it like bg or the ffof.it can be done but you will need lots of amending and need to use lots of teas along the way.

burn4me

burn4me

Well then that's that lol. I guess its synthetic nutes for a while. I got plenty of those lol. Thanks six for the quick response brother

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hey all you organic growers.... what would be the bare bone additives would a noob need to add to his pro mix for a simple organic grow? Ive read a lot of mixes but they seem to be extravagant farmers. Im on a budget and am finishing off my ffof soil mix and have 3.8 cuft of pro mix HP just waiting. So if i can get by only adding a few things thats what im looking for thanks
Basically the main difference between soilless and soil is the mineral content. Soil is comprised of many types of particles, some organic in origin, others are bits of rock. So, think--mineralization. Stuff like CalPhos, greensand, oyster shell flour and/or dolomitic lime, lava sands are FANTASTIC for providing a huge host of minerals. Also humic acid, leonardite and the like, will go a long way here. Adding in worm castings and some microbial life and you're just about on your way.

burn4me

burn4me

Ok so i have ewc, dolomite, microbes to add with it already. And can swing green sand and some humic acic of some sort. What else would be essential for bare bone organics? And lava sand may be obtainable. Depending on if i can source it locally.

Sorry for the noob questions clogging up the thread too

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think it's your thread to start with, no?

I'd like to see more and more different mineral matter in there. Also, you can add in some meals. Alfalfa, kelp, bone, blood, what else..? I always forget the full suite til I have it in front of me. Mostly if you think "diversity" you'll be doing well.

urbanfog

urbanfog

having started in hydro and grown to organic, all my meters have been getting dusty. Once in awhile I chk the tap water buit thats about it anymore since going organic :D Once less thing to mentally screw with me :)

Patanjali

Patanjali

This is the base mix I use quoted from CC:

Here's the best advice I can come up with: the recipe for a soil is moot, if the humus isn't right, i.e. you cannot amend your way to a viable soil. Get the compost/EWC dialed in and you won't have many questions that need an answer.

Coot's Soil Mix

50% peat moss or 1/3
25% EWC or 1/3
25% aeration or 1/3
to 1 cubic foot of mix the following is added:
1/2 cup neem meal
1/2 cup kelp meal
1/2 cup crab shell meal
4 cups mineral mix consisting of:
4x glacial rock dust
1x bentonite
1x oyster shell flour