Ph Water Questions

• Thread starter mcaveman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
visajoe1

visajoe1

I take it you've not changed locations since you started growing. Tap water everywhere has slight to massive differences. I always recommend new growers learn how to use straight R/O only. Not only does it grow cleaner, smoother, cooler smoking cannabis, it's rock solid predictable, for pH and ppm changes.

Many a grower has taken the time to learn how to grow great hydro, with R/O and tap or simply tap. Then when they move to a new water source they end up having to re-learn all over again, often with a significant amount of frustration and failure involved.

Nope, I have not changed locations. I just have filthy LA water

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
right and there is the Temperature factor and how it affects the pH, I rekon one could ride the pH swing using temperature, like when the light comes on and starts to warm up the room etc. but that must require sophisticated or advanced grow knowledge..
The cold doesnt effect the power of hydrogen(ph) as much as it does drop the electric conductivity.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
This is fish-related, but I think it can help us better understand how to handle alkalinity, acidity and pH shift.

so i notice when i mix the recommended doze of GH flora-nova 3 part into a gallon of rain water, the pH ends up down to 5.0 PH or lower and the E.C. ends up around 1.5 E.C.

So i then add TAP water in an effort to raise the pH, so i add enough TAP water until the pH rises up to 6.0, once it gets to 6.0 pH i notice the EC drops to 1.2 E.C.

So i'm wondering if it's ok to use TAP water to raise the pH of a solution of GH 3 part and Rain water ??
Honestly, I don't see why not. It's what I do. Of course, care has to be taken to not add too much tap back. But it sounds like you've got it sorted out pretty well.

Top Bottom