Pheno odds?

• Thread starter monkeytime
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

monkeytime

What are the odds of getting a inferior pheno after a backcross??

For example:

Top Dawg White HP BX is

The White x (HP#1 x DD) then backcrossed to The White

What are my chances to get a HP #1 leaning pheno?

B

BeachBummed

man i think you best bet is if that is the exact strain your asking about ask JJ.

ask the breeder for the specific bean your talking about. some shit is more stable than others, just like nature.

and obviously like you said if its inferior, like to a bubba or something, chances make it tougher but no impossible by any means.
~Bum

M

monkeytime

To add clarification, what are the chances of getting the leaning inferior pheno (not the actual pheno that is almost identical to the elite clone).

Basically, i'm looking for that HP #1 leaning offspring. But any DD, and the white pheno's will be fire as well.

M

monkey5

Premium Member
Supporter
monkeytime, Being a backcross incresses your chances of finding a close to what your looking for pheno....but...i always look for pheno expresstion to be greatest in the f2 and f3 generations..as long as your selection skills are good! Keep notes! monkey5

J

John Ditchweed

monkey is right.... f2's would be your best bet to find it cause there is no way to be certain what you chances are.... was the hp x dd on the hp side or the dd side?.... that variable would make it hard to say.... but for shits and giggles lets say the dd x hp was a 50% hp/50% dd pheno cross that to the white and it would become(25%hp x dd25%) x 50% the white then cross that to the white again.... and it would become( 12.5 hp x 12.5% dd) x 75% white.... but there is truely no way of telling.... hope you find what you are looking for bro!!

R

Radio_Dread

good thread dudes, some good info for everyone here. thanks

G

ga213

you can't really tell... some traits will be dominant.. but they may not be the ones you want... it takes time, good luck!

Latest posts

Top Bottom