pheonotype?

• Thread starter leafmold
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

leafmold

What does it really mean? Pop 3 seeds and lets see what happens. Im gonna do a pheono hunt got ten seeds and a 600 watt with fair conditions. Oh shit got 2 females one smells like poop one looks like citrus guacamole. Yep I got the keeper pheno. U all should of got these seeds man! So if I germ one of my hermie seeds am I pheno hunting? It may be the one.

I

Inhale

A phenotype is a variation in physical expression. Typically you will not find more than 3 phenotypes given a genotype with the respect that no mutation occur, you don't have double recessives and your conditions don't very as: P=GE. Therefore even though you may see physical differences in a plant in one room does not necessarily mean that exact plant will appear the same in varying environments (ie. amount of feed available, watering schedule, root space, temperature, light duration as well as spectrum, humidity, airflow, and many other aspects. This is widely known, however, often overlooked.) Some may argue that phenotypes have to do with other properties such as smell and flavor; however, you cannot physically see theses characteristics and although they maybe associated with a specific appearance they should not be confused with a chemotype variation: as terpenes, variations thereof are, cannabinioids are indeed chemicals and the species has a variation of these chemicals. With this in mind, it does bother me to hear references to variations as "pineapple pheno" rather than the "pineapple cut" for example, is this just my OCD?

Thanks for your time

L

leafmold

Very nicely put Inhale. Im fully tracking on the meaning of phenotype as most of my experience comes from the ornamental arena. In which case most desired phenotype is based on appearence and performance. What you stated is absolutely correct.

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

.... With this in mind, it does bother me to hear references to variations as "pineapple pheno" rather than the "pineapple cut" for example, is this just my OCD?

Thanks for your time
Although pheno is a physical description and smell and flavor fall under chemo, pheno is a more common word used when describing a strain. This would really only cause confusion to those who are aware of the difference. People also tend to use strand interchanged with strain, my acquaintances tend to do this. I find it annoying. I figure why correct them they'll only argue with me:eek:

Top Bottom