Phosphoload, Gravity, Bushmaster, Topload, and Flower Dragon are TOXIC!

• Thread starter logic
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Do you know what garum is/was? It was a flavoring sauce, wildly popular, made during Roman times, easily as popular as Sriracha. Big money was made in garum! Rotted salted fish sauce.
Wanna know what the main chemical was in that thar garum? Monosodium glutamate.

Now, what are we gonna do about the dihydrogen monoxide? Man, if we're not careful that shit'll kill us all! :o

I find myself morbidly fascinated with garum.

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

Or all the plastics with PBA ........our west facing beaches are made of plastic! Just imagine if no one picked up the trash that floats to shore.....

There is nowhere to hide anymore, even if some things are made without all these toxins, we've been using them for so long and they all end up in our oceans. Just one example without getting too pissed off and depressed this early in the morning- fish are full of toxins and fish meal is an organic fertilizer.

Seriously, is anything truly organic these days?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
We can't hide, but we can change, can't we?

How much and what toxins may be found in fish can depend to a large degree on what fish you're talking about. For example, tuna (apex predator) compared to anchovies (almost the bottom of the chain as a planktonivore). So you're better off eating something like a chovy than a tuna, which is being overfished in any event.

I just read two stories that you can take as you wish--Cheerios original will now be completely GMO-free (although most consumers don't understand what mutagenesis is, or that mutagenesis is how we've arrived at certain grains that are commonly used today and cited as possible reasons for the upswing in disorders like Celiac and gluten intolerance, and that mutagenesis is not synonymous with genetic modification). The company decided that they simply had to respond to public pressure and demands. Kraft also responded by changing the colorings they're using in their American version of Mac & Cheese.

On the flip side of the change coin, we have the USDA approving more GM'd crops.

We can't hide, but we very well can effect necessary change.

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

Yes...with all the time I have, I should be an activist more than a pundit. As far as the grains causing more illnesses...mayo clinic reports 1 in every 141 people in the US have ciliac....seems really high. MSNBC was talking about GMO last week saying it was time to get out of Monsanto because the push for non GMO foods is growing.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My mother's an RD and she was a guest interviewee for CNN Latino (or is that Latino CNN? I can't remember) a few months ago. The topic? GM foods and products (we can't forget the cotton).

spacebomb

spacebomb

Word man.to true.wich is a shame to folk like me who use.,bottled, organics.i.e iguana juice!full of fish etc.
Or all the plastics with PBA ........our west facing beaches are made of plastic! Just imagine if no one picked up the trash that floats to shore.....

There is nowhere to hide anymore, even if some things are made without all these toxins, we've been using them for so long and they all end up in our oceans. Just one example without getting too pissed off and depressed this early in the morning- fish are full of toxins and fish meal is an organic fertilizer.

Seriously, is anything truly organic these days?

spacebomb

spacebomb

i say !DAMN MONSANTARO!mother fuckers.theres like hundreds of suicides in india etc now due to them fuck nuts!its really a crying shame.i only ever hear you put ,wise stuff out there sea! + the others .i.e waayne.ojd,cat daddio!etc
sorry if i forgot ya:-)im just making a point.yous are all great.ive made some ,LIFE LONG PALS HERE,+ ?WELL IVE LOST SOME TO.but!those folk aint worth a squirt.
My mother's an RD and she was a guest interviewee for CNN Latino (or is that Latino CNN? I can't remember) a few months ago. The topic? GM foods and products (we can't forget the cotton).

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've been reading about the suicides, it's very sad. But! At least they're not killing their women for shaming them. :)
(always try to look on the bright side of life)

Prime C

Prime C

Defender of Dank
Supporter
Frederick M. Fishel2

This publication provides the meaning and definition of the term, "plant growth regulator," addresses patterns of use for plant growth regulators, and provides a listing of plant growth regulators registered for use in Florida.

Table 1, below, lists these classes with the plant development function(s) that are controlled by the plant growth regulators. Table 1 also provides examples of the practical uses with which plant growth regulators are typically associated.

Table 2 provides Florida-specific information on plant growth regulators registered by the FDACS. This table also includes major commodities in the United States that are associated with plant growth regulators and the primary function(s) of plant growth regulators and includes examples of trade names for plant growth regulators registered for use in Florida.

Table 1.
Plant growth regulator class, associated function(s) and practical uses.

Class

Function(s)

Practical uses
Table 1.
Plant growth regulator class, associated function(s) and practical uses.

Class

Function(s)

Practical uses

Auxins

Shoot elongation

Thin tree fruit, increase rooting and flower formation

Gibberellins

Stimulate cell division and elongation

Increase stalk length, increase flower and fruit size

Cytokinins

Stimulate cell division

Prolong storage life of flowers and vegetables and stimulate bud initiation and root growth

Ethylene generators

Ripening

Induce uniform ripening in fruit and vegetables

Growth inhibitors

Stops growth

Promote flower production by shortening internodes

Growth retardants

Slows growth

Retard tobacco sucker growth

Table 2.
Plant Growth Regulators Registered for Use in Florida.

Active ingredient

Registered crops and functions

Trade names®*

Ancymidol

Ornamental plants – growth inhibitor

Abide, A-Rest

Butralin

Tobacco – shoot inhibitor

Butralin

Alcohols

Fair, Royaltac M, Sucker-Plucker, Off-Shoot, Contact-85

Chlormequat chloride

Ornamental flowers – shoot inhibitor

Citadel, Cycocel, E-Pro

Cytokinin#

Ornamental plants, vegetables, fruits including citrus – hasten maturity, enhance fruit color, growth enhancer, enhance tuber color, improve tuber quality

Conklin, Culbac, Cytoplex, Early Harvest, Foli-Zyme, Goldengro, Happygro, Incite, Megagro, Ascend, Radiate, Stimulate, Suppress, Validate, X-Cyte

Daminozide

B-Nine, Compress, Dazide

Ethephon

Turfgrass – reduces mowing frequency

Various fruits, vegetables, and nuts – hastens ripening and maturity, enhance fruit color and floral stimulant

Cucurbits – increases flowering

Ground covers – inhibits flowering

Ornamental trees – inhibits fruiting

Tobacco and cotton – hastens maturity

Cereal grains and grasses grown for seed – reduces lodging

Boll Buster, BollD, Cerone, Cotton Quik, Ethrel, Finish, Flash, Florel, Mature, MFX, Prep, Proxy, Quali-Pro, SA-50, Setup, Super Boll, Whiteout

Ethylene

Fruits and tobacco – enhance fruit color, hasten ripening

Agronomic row crops – soil treatment for witchweed control

Banana Gas, Nature-Ripe

Flurprimidol

Ornamental woody plants and ground covers – reduces pruning

Turfgrass – reduces mowing frequentcy

Cutless, Legacy, Mastiff, Topflor

Gibberellic acid#

Small fruits, cucurbits – increase fruit set

Citrus – promote rind/peel integrity, prevent fruit drop

Rice, cotton – growth enhancer

Ascend, Cytoplex, Early Harvest, Falgro, Florgib, Foli-Zyme, GA3, GibGro, Green Sol, Incite, N-Large, PGR IV, Pro-Gibb, Release, Rouse, Ryzup, Stimulate

Gibberellin mixtures

Cut flowers – plant preservative

Tree fruit – increase fruit size, hasten maturity, shoot stimulant

Evergreen trees – floral stimulant, stimulate germination

BVB, Chrysal, Fascination, Procone

Indole-3-butyric acid (IBA)#

Ornamental plants and trees – root stimulant

Numerous trade products

Maleic hydrazide, potassium salt

Stored bulbs – sprout inhibitor

Fair, Rite-Hite, Royal, Sucker Stuff,

Mefluidide

Ground covers, shrubs, ornamental trees – reduces pruning

Embark, Sta-Lo

Mepiquat chloride

Cotton - growth inhibitor, enhance uniform fruit maturity

Pix

Mepiquat pentaborate

Cotton – growth inhibitor, enhance uniform fruit maturity

Pentia

Naphthalene-acetic acid (NAA)#

Ornamental plants – stimulates rooting, increase vegetative growth

DipN Grow, Goldengro, Hi-Yield

1-Naphthaleneacetamide (NAD)

Woody ornamental cuttings – rooting stimulant

Rootone

n-Decanol

Antac, FST-7, Royaltac

Paclobutrazol

Ornamental flowers – promotes uniform flowering

Ornamental plants – reduces internodal length

Ornamental trees – growth inhibitor

Turfgrass – increased plant thickness, growth inhibitor

Bonzi, Cambistat, Cutdown, Downsize, Florazol, Paclo, Paczol, Piccolo, Profile, Shortstop, Trimmit, Turf Enhancer

Prohexadione calcium

Peanut, Tree fruit, turfgrass grown for seed – growth inhibitor, reduce vegetative growth

Apogee

Trinexapac-ethyl

Armor Tech, Goldwing, Governor, Groom, Legacy#, Primeraone, Primo, Provair, Solace, T-Nex, T-Pac

Uniconazole

Concise, Sumagic

*Consult individual labels for specific sites and commodities approved for use.

This document is PI-102, one of a series of the Agronomy Department, Florida Cooperative Extension Service, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, University of Florida. Original publication date February 2006. Revised April 2009. Reviewed June 2012. Visit the EDIS website at http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu.

Frederick M. Fishel, associate professor, Agronomy Department, and director, Pesticide Information Office, Florida Cooperative Extension Service, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611.

The use of trade names in this publication is solely for the purpose of providing specific information. UF/IFAS does not guarantee or warranty the products named, and references to them in this publication does not signify our approval to the exclusion of other products of suitable composition.

Last edited:
D

devilmist

thanks to dizzlekush from icmag for the post below

To this day many nutrient manufacturers have not disclosed the active or "secret" ingredients of their questionable products. We are told this is to keep any trade secrets from getting out but its fairly well known that any 'secrets' in this business are old news in the horticulture/agronomy department. People are buying products without any knowledge or concern of what said products contain. I know too many growers that moaned when Phosphoload was banned and when Gravity was taken off the shelves. Whether you use marijuana for recreational or medicinal use, its ridiculous to take a largely harmless plant and spray chemicals on it that are not allowed on food crops that can make your plant harmful if consumed.

Im a bit of a Blackstone libertarian in that i think if you want to hurt yourself, you can go ahead and do it as long as you harm no others. However many of the people buying these products and spraying their plants with these harmful chemicals DO NOT grow for just their own needs. Many provide to dispensaries where their chemical sprayed product is SOLD AS MEDICINE, or to an illicit market where unsuspecting buyers are consuming a product that's more harmful than they've come to know. Marijuana is by astronomical proportions the most consumed somewhat-illicit substance in the world, and that's because its comparatively a harmless substance with many [potential] health benefits. But once you start spraying your cannabis with some of these plant growth regulators/retardants (PGR's) and systemic fungicides and insecticides (but that's a whole separate discussion), you're creating a potentially harmful product and providing it to a large group of consumers/patients who are unwittingly consuming marijuana that's now more harmful to consume than in the history of its existence.

We've all heard that nobody has died from smoking weed. Well, with a new standard of harmful PGR's and systemics sweeping through the growers community, i think that might change soon. there has already been a medical marijuana/AVID related death. Its just a matter of time before peoples health starts getting compromised form the consumption of these mystery PGR products and systemics.

The following attachments were provided to me by G. Low, author of Integral Hydroponics and the co/owner of integralhydro.com and manicbotanix.com, with the expressed permission to post said given attachments. The attachments are lab test results of PGR concentration of different "mystery" growth regulating products like Phosphoload, Gravity, Flower Dragon etc. Thank you G for all your personal endeavors in fighting the good fight against the PGR Peddlers

Lab Testing Results courtesy of integralhydro.com
Bushmaster: 271ppm Paclobutrazol
Gravity: 516ppm Paclobutrazol
Flower Dragon: 18,400-18,650ppm Daminozide, 30-46.3ppm Paclobutrazol
Phosphoload: 17,800ppm Daminozide, 20.6ppm Paclobutrazol
TopLoad: 3,467ppm Daminozide

not sure if its been posted up or not but reverse (dm) is in a similar boat, unavailable now and who knows whats actually in the product. I don't want to find out, after I used it on 2 pers runs.

2c

BeenBurned

BeenBurned

Hey Y'all...dont forget about the water!
That city water is bullshit!!
.....Well water only.....

garlictrain

garlictrain

Don't wanna bump an old thread but def related...

So here in beautiful CO we have some amazing extract folks who are turning their entire mip grow into bho.

The idea from one friend is that because the return is based on oil produced from flowers, he's blowing shit up with synth and products like gravity, snowstorm in order to hit 2+ per 1kw; vs growing with non synth, no additives getting around 1.3 per 1kw (m.e.d.'s stats not his personal).

His argument is that he produces at least 50% more extract from the synth pgr grown flowers vs "organic" and tht the pgrs don't make it into his finished extract product (no tests to back this up as of yet). Essentially better extract business practice to pump the plants with chems only to isolate the medicinal properties from the carbon based plant materials.

This brought me to question what others had originally posted in this very thread about pgrs lowering oil and terpine, as well as flower production. While it seems to make a clear difference (good vs bad from medical stand) in the state of the flower upon harvesting, it is nearly impossible to tell the difference between the pgr grown extract, unlike the clear difference of flowers. (except if you see which flower batches yield 50% more extract!)

I'm curious if pgrs can indeed make it into finished extracts, or if extracting oil from pgr grown plants is the safest thing to do to if utilizing pgr grown meds.

dankninja

dankninja

taken from the emerald triangle website -
G 10 (Gravitation #10) started as our experimental substitute for Gravity but turned into something else. We’ve taken our original proprietary kelp extract to the next level. It’s not Gravity- it’s something MORE! Use with Sonic Bloom and Killer Tea for maximum finish. No PGR’s.

I remember in the Chemdog article in High Times he said he used Bushmaster regularly back in the day

Last edited:
eternalroots

eternalroots

Don't wanna bump an old thread but def related...

So here in beautiful CO we have some amazing extract folks who are turning their entire mip grow into bho.

The idea from one friend is that because the return is based on oil produced from flowers, he's blowing shit up with synth and products like gravity, snowstorm in order to hit 2+ per 1kw; vs growing with non synth, no additives getting around 1.3 per 1kw (m.e.d.'s stats not his personal).

His argument is that he produces at least 50% more extract from the synth pgr grown flowers vs "organic" and tht the pgrs don't make it into his finished extract product (no tests to back this up as of yet). Essentially better extract business practice to pump the plants with chems only to isolate the medicinal properties from the carbon based plant materials.

This brought me to question what others had originally posted in this very thread about pgrs lowering oil and terpine, as well as flower production. While it seems to make a clear difference (good vs bad from medical stand) in the state of the flower upon harvesting, it is nearly impossible to tell the difference between the pgr grown extract, unlike the clear difference of flowers. (except if you see which flower batches yield 50% more extract!)

I'm curious if pgrs can indeed make it into finished extracts, or if extracting oil from pgr grown plants is the safest thing to do to if utilizing pgr grown meds.

My concern with this specifically, and I live in Washington, is the residuals left over by these harmful chemicals. Honestly, they are not *critically dangerous* in low doses. bad for you for sure, but the problem escalates when you concentrate. All of these toxic chemicals do in fact make it through to the concentrate, in much much much higher levels. Now something that was only mildly toxic is in a whole new and dangerous category. WA rec farms are going to have to start being tested for these products, even though they are illegal, people are still trying to use them.
BHO, PHO, CO2, Rosin tech, all of these methods *will* pull pesticides and PGRs out of the flower. Bad news....

H

Hellomo

To this day many nutrient manufacturers have not disclosed the active or "secret" ingredients of their questionable products. We are told this is to keep any trade secrets from getting out but its fairly well known that any 'secrets' in this business are old news in the horticulture/agronomy department. People are buying products without any knowledge or concern of what said products contain. I know too many growers that moaned when Phosphoload was banned and when Gravity was taken off the shelves. Whether you use marijuana for recreational or medicinal use, its ridiculous to take a largely harmless plant and spray chemicals on it that are not allowed on food crops that can make your plant harmful if consumed.

Im a bit of a Blackstone libertarian in that i think if you want to hurt yourself, you can go ahead and do it as long as you harm no others. However many of the people buying these products and spraying their plants with these harmful chemicals DO NOT grow for just their own needs. Many provide to dispensaries where their chemical sprayed product is SOLD AS MEDICINE, or to an illicit market where unsuspecting buyers are consuming a product that's more harmful than they've come to know. Marijuana is by astronomical proportions the most consumed somewhat-illicit substance in the world, and that's because its comparatively a harmless substance with many [potential] health benefits. But once you start spraying your cannabis with some of these plant growth regulators/retardants (PGR's) and systemic fungicides and insecticides (but that's a whole separate discussion), you're creating a potentially harmful product and providing it to a large group of consumers/patients who are unwittingly consuming marijuana that's now more harmful to consume than in the history of its existence.

We've all heard that nobody has died from smoking weed. Well, with a new standard of harmful PGR's and systemics sweeping through the growers community, i think that might change soon. there has already been a medical marijuana/AVID related death. Its just a matter of time before peoples health starts getting compromised form the consumption of these mystery PGR products and systemics.

The following attachments were provided to me by G. Low, author of Integral Hydroponics and the co/owner of integralhydro.com and manicbotanix.com, with the expressed permission to post said given attachments. The attachments are lab test results of PGR concentration of different "mystery" growth regulating products like Phosphoload, Gravity, Flower Dragon etc. Thank you G for all your personal endeavors in fighting the good fight against the PGR Peddlers
WOW not 1 reply............

Very interesting, good to know! But I wonder what about G10, Gravity's replacement? I guess you could say. Is it a safe option or does it fall in with the toxic group?

Twistup

Twistup

I have used flower dragon ONCE. I was super happy with my results and had already purchased some for the next room. Regardless of results I was informed more on it and had no problem throwing it out!!

The Big Man

The Big Man

I am just reading this for the first time. I used gravity years ago. I stopped because my nuggs didn't feel natural.

Top Bottom