phosphorous myth?

• Thread starter captain.koons
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

How do you know Gravity has GAA?

Have you used it before? try putting 4ml of it into a dirt plant. The only other time I've seen strange growth from just 4ml of anything in a 7 gallon pot was from hormex or superthrive (hormones). My grow room is perfect, no light leaks, temps at 78*, 2 weeks after adding gravity i've got hermies. my hashplants had a severe calcium deficiency 2 days after I used it. The effects of the product are totally inconsistent with the effects of it's ingredients, and are perfectly consistent with the effects of GAA.

Seroiusly, I can't think of another additive that 4ml in a 7 gallon pot would make a plant hermie and finish weeks early. None of my other additives would come close to doing that, not even at 10X that ammount. Only the weaker, more sativa dominant strains hermied and they hermied under the bud, very difficult to spot (I saw seeds first). It's nothing environmental and the only new thing I used this round was gravity.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think I should take a pic of my t-shirt. It's a totally cool shirt and I love the artwork (old school style tat), and has a venue and date on the back. That's why I thought it was a band. I'll just cut off the AN stuff on the sleeve.

C

captain.koons

I've never used Gravity but I've used Superthrive and noticed leaf abnormalities and stopped using it. Superthrive also burns plants like no other.

I hear Gravity is very hot and you need to cut down on your feeding of everything else just to use it.

Thanks for the info.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

i literally L-O-L @ "kushie kush is the gayest shit to hit the market since clear pepsi"

Seriously, it pisses me off that grow stores around Denver have the huge ghostbuster looking "no marijuana" signs on the widows, and they sell kushie kush like it's NOT marketed as marijuana specific fertilizer. I grabbed a bottle of it and started jacking with the guy at the counter. I asked him in a loud and clear voice "So, what's kush and why does it needed to be kushie?" (you wanna talk about a cat having somebody's tounge).

It's just hype. Do you think they have kushie kush in Afghanistan?

L

Loudblunts

lol funny shit!!!

and they prolly laugh at those things in afghan!!!

N

nog

phosphorous myth

he uses gas chromatography to measure the abundance of nutrients found in the plant tissues I believe.

Wouldn't it be possible to measure the ratios of nutrients up taken by this way?

maybe but i was under the impression that when a plant uses nutes it converts them into something else, like plant tissue. i didnt thing that plants just store up the nutes.
you could tell what nutes have been taken fron your res solution if you know exactly what went in, maybe you could see wthe plant has taken out?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Remember the reason AN has 120 different nutes and stuff like Kushie Kush is because yall keep buying them. Thats great and all but AN isn't the only company with Lab tests. I'll take GH's word over his anyday. Sounds like another marketing scheme from them. Lord knows they have a ton of them. Don't get me wrong but I'm not saying AN is garbage but they seem to come out with new products every 6 months. Not to mention all the PK boosters AN put out in the past. Now hes saying they are no good and too much.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

maybe but i was under the impression that when a plant uses nutes it converts them into something else, like plant tissue. i didnt thing that plants just store up the nutes.
you could tell what nutes have been taken fron your res solution if you know exactly what went in, maybe you could see wthe plant has taken out?

That's the way to do it. Constantly monitor levels of everything with peripherials (sp?) in your res and map changes on a program. You can dial in your feeding to the T by doing this, no wasted ferts, ect. There are WAY too many variables not taken into account for me to believe anything these guys from AN say. Yea, I stick with GH as well, and it's a shitload cheaper.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Remember the reason AN has 120 different nutes and stuff like Kushie Kush is because yall keep buying them. Thats great and all but AN isn't the only company with Lab tests. I'll take GH's word over his anyday. Sounds like another marketing scheme from them. Lord knows they have a ton of them. Don't get me wrong but I'm not saying AN is garbage but they seem to come out with new products every 6 months. Not to mention all the PK boosters AN put out in the past. Now hes saying they are no good and too much.

It's garbage with a gold price tag.

S

SkyHi

That's the way to do it. Constantly monitor levels of everything with peripherials (sp?) in your res and map changes on a program. You can dial in your feeding to the T by doing this, no wasted ferts, ect. There are WAY too many variables not taken into account for me to believe anything these guys from AN say. Yea, I stick with GH as well, and it's a shitload cheaper.

Can you please elaborate? How would you measure exactly whats taking out of the water?

Dynamite

Dynamite

I've used BB liquid and dry powder,never hurt anything with the powder,but the liquid version was like straight gasoline and burnt the crap outta the plants..user error I'm sure

then AN has changed the NPK values umpteen times of BigBud now,seems like every few months I read about people tripping about it..

hopefully with the new PH/PPM perfect line coming out things will settle out and work better for the company..

Erik Biksa is a smart guy,and hopefully with him working for them now the products will better live up to the hype..or work better in general

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Can you please elaborate? How would you measure exactly whats taking out of the water?

you can't do it exactly unless you use gas chromatography to break down chemical makeup of the water by percentage of ingredients. It's basically a ph, temp, and ec/ppm pen hooked up to a computer that constantly monitors the levels of said testing equipment and keeps a log of the changes in your res. A loss of PPM and slight raise of PH is typically an uptake of fertilizer and an increase in PPM and drop in ph is typically an uptake of water. If you want to dial it in exactly, take a before and after sample of res water and have it analyzed to judge what the plant wants in what quantities from the change in before and after res water. This is only consistent for 1 genetic clone, other strains or phenotypes will exhibit variations in their fertilizer uptake. This is mainly why I think it's BS, you can't generically compare white widow, kush, big bud, grapefruit, ect. and say that you have a product that works for all of these. I have 2 sister kush phenos from the same parent kush plants that exhibit feeding variations, and hence would vary in uptake of nutrients. the seperate maps of their fertilizer uptake would vary from pheno to pheno. there's not a general pk finisher that is strain specific, you can't be that general and specific at the same time. Now, if it was an additive specific for an elite clone such as pre-98 bubba kush I could believe that, but a general kush finisher is bullshit or it's just a general finisher in general.

It's possible, but quite expensive. There is a way to hook up peripherials and take daily res samples automatically with one of these. I believe you can test your own THC and CBD levels with one of these as well.

C

captain.koons

ditto what he sed

you could also do top offs in your reservoir adding entirely the same nutrients as you previously had this would tell you what's consumed faster/slower than you're adding it.

it wouldn't be exact but you could tailor fertilizers to work with specific plants using such a method.

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

ec'ing your res only tells you that the plant is using nutes, but doesn't tell you which elements it's taking, and in which ratio. you have to do gc on the res weekly to see which elements to replenish - if the plant is using more N, and your add backs stay the same, you'll be adding relatively more P over time. the only kind of leaf sample that makes sense is brix. the higher the brix, the healthier the plant...together with res samples, should tell you exactly what the plant is using, and how happy it is.

nitrogen requirement is a wide plateau, whereas phosphorus is a mountain that peaks at week 4-5. so it makes sense to have a nitrogen base fert, and add a phosphorus booster for 3-4 weeks. some people have found plants have a fairly wide range of acceptable nute levels...which covers veg and flower, and most varieties.

R

REGISTRD

As KOON said if you know what your feeding your plants you can tailor any of there products for any pheno..Do you know how much P your feeding at week 3 in PPM value?
There research is all SCIENCE based. So yes Koon.. I believe it 100% although there marketing is a joke yes but look through all that and there science is right on par. Go read a RESH book and youll see whats up....

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
As KOON said if you know what your feeding your plants you can tailor any of there products for any pheno..Do you know how much P your feeding at week 3 in PPM value?
There research is all SCIENCE based. So yes Koon.. I believe it 100% although there marketing is a joke yes but look through all that and there science is right on par. Go read a RESH book and youll see whats up....

If its Science based then Why did they just now run tests about PK boosters and put so many out in the past? Sounds like they either didnt test it before or just didn't care. Hey Mcdonalds surely tests their products on a scientific level but that doesnt mean shit when it comes to the actually product. Hey believe what you will. Its just another reason on a long list why I don't Use AN for me.

J

Jalisco Kid

You can get an idea of what your plants are using/storing using a Cardy n,p,k,or ph meter. I use to use my pH meter to check my leaves a lot. Better then a brix meter for me, I have not pulled mine out in 3 cycles. JK

Crysmatic

Crysmatic

You can get an idea of what your plants are using/storing using a Cardy n,p,k,or ph meter. I use to use my pH meter to check my leaves a lot. Better then a brix meter for me, I have not pulled mine out in 3 cycles. JK

very cool. what are the ideal npk ppm levels in dry tissue for different growth stages?

to rephrase my question, how do you measure reservoir element concentrations? if your nutes aren't in the proper ratios, elements will eventually be depleted or reach toxic levels (in a recirc system, no res changes, add backs). even growing in coco has caused me a P problem.

how much leaching is necessary? is there a ppm number that correlates with harshness?

FLB

FLB

all good stuff here.... sounds like I need to get off AN. I have been fighting it this whole time anyways. Any recomendations? Want to stay away from GH.

Latest posts

Top Bottom