Photo periods in bloom! Share your pics and advice.

• Thread starter Robert23howard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hazyflavors

Hazyflavors

20231204 151736
20231204 151736

Lilshane2013

Lilshane2013

Wait until the last 3 hours of lights on, if they start to lay down in that time window, you have the lights output set too high and you need to step it back. If they stay praying all throughout the day up to lights out, turn the output up a little. You really want your leaves to be as horizontal as possible.
I have my lights dimmed down to 75%, just bc I can't have my temperature going higher than 75degrees bc I can't get my humidity higher than 48-50% , so my vpd is around 1.4-1.5, which I want to keep , even though my leaves are praying upwards , meaning to turn up the light percentage, that would throw off my vpd by a lot doing that , so im your opinion would you crank up the light and throw off the vpd or keep everything where its at and let them pray and keep that vpd dialed in .

2Water

2Water

I have my lights dimmed down to 75%, just bc I can't have my temperature going higher than 75degrees bc I can't get my humidity higher than 48-50% , so my vpd is around 1.4-1.5, which I want to keep , even though my leaves are praying upwards , meaning to turn up the light percentage, that would throw off my vpd by a lot doing that , so im your opinion would you crank up the light and throw off the vpd or keep everything where its at and let them pray and keep that vpd dialed in .
not an expert like the Capt, but since I use vpd for my environment, I would suggest going off what the plant tells you rather than a set target. Also, have you adjusted your vpd for leaf temperature differential?

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
not an expert like the Capt, but since I use vpd for my environment, I would suggest going off what the plant tells you rather than a set target. Also, have you adjusted your vpd for leaf temperature differential?
I second this.
Watch you plant, not your monitor.

Lilshane2013

Lilshane2013

Interesting, but no I don't have anything to measure the leaf temperature, using LEDs I'm assuming it's probably a couple degrees off than the actual temperature in the tent. I guess I could crank my lights to 80% and see how they react for the next couple days .

2Water

2Water

Interesting, but no I don't have anything to measure the leaf temperature, using LEDs I'm assuming it's probably a couple degrees off than the actual temperature in the tent. I guess I could crank my lights to 80% and see how they react for the next couple days .
Get a cheap laser thermometer and test a leaf. You can guess between 3-5F difference. Mine is 4, it will lower your vpd.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Crank up!!! Don't worry about vpd...
I have a monitor that tells me vpd and I strait up ignore it... I always go by what a plant says over monitoring equipment

I

ILgrower

Crank up!!! Don't worry about vpd...
I have a monitor that tells me vpd and I strait up ignore it... I always go by what a plant says over monitoring equipment
you don't want them too high then they'll suffer from light burns, which I have seen it happen, Do you think the more light you have the more buds? WRONG!

I

ILgrower

If you don't want them too high then they'll suffer from light burns, which I have seen it happen, Do you think the more light you have the more buds? WRONG! there's a rule of thumb 30 watts of light to each foot of space, read the book from other growers, I learned the ropes by big Ed, back in the day a man who would want them as their grandfather

Fromunda506

Fromunda506

VPD is a useful tool. Books are too. Learning to tell what your plant wants a day or 2 before you piss her off is the real valuable skill/knowledge tho imo. Only comes with reading plants. My vpd is shit in winter in my space. I know how the plants will react and adjust accordingly. Also know I have a couple strains that just don’t like it. They run in the spring. I never bother trying to “hit” any number anywhere tho. I know people that drive themselves mad looking for that perfectly dialed environment.

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
you don't want them too high then they'll suffer from light burns, which I have seen it happen, Do you think the more light you have the more buds? WRONG!
Only turn up lights if showing signs of needing more light... and in this case that's exactly what's needed.... I don't have room to raise my lights... and rather than lowering light... I keep mine on 100% and as they get taller in veg I turn down the light power... then as they move thru flower I slowly increase light back to 100%

B

Bdubs

Still doesn't look like it's done doesn't it lol?
Your sugar leafs are turning yellow. Think about harvesting soon if the looks matter to you. But once the sugar leafs start turning yellow..that should be your que to harvest after the flush. The timing of the flush should line up with just before the sugar leafs start to turn yellow for harvesting. If you get premature yellowing on the flush in a couple days of initiating flush, it was too early to start flushing and your sugar leafs will be all yellow by the time trichs say to harvest.

SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Your sugar leafs are turning yellow. Think about harvesting soon if the looks matter to you. But once the sugar leafs start turning yellow..that should be your que to harvest after the flush. The timing of the flush should line up with just before the sugar leafs start to turn yellow for harvesting. If you get premature yellowing on the flush in a couple days of initiating flush, it was too early to start flushing and your sugar leafs will be all yellow by the time trichs say to harvest.
So many uses of the word flush, 😬

Look into flushing, most don’t do it anymore. Just reduce nutrients until the end.

T

Tyrant

Ya I don't really flush just cut back slowly.

Top Bottom