Photoperiodism

• Thread starter bigdaddyg8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigdaddyg8

bigdaddyg8

i have been doing research about gold crown seeds, landrace varieties containing thcv. i stumbled upon joseph pietri who believes in photoperiodism . the 12-1 lighting method . 12-1 is simply 12 hrs on , 5.5hrs off , 1 hr on and 5.5 hrs off . then repeat through your entire veg period . begining of flowering 11hrs on , and 13hrs off keeping for 2 weeks . then drop the lighting period by 30 minutes , after 2 weeks switch to 10.5 hrs on, and 13.5 hrs off . continue this 30 min drop every 2 weeks until you reach 9 hrs on and 15 hrs off . finishing flowering at this light . i am just putting this out there to get thoughts and see if anybody is using this method and what there results are?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

i have been doing research about gold crown seeds, landrace varieties containing thcv. i stumbled upon joseph pietri who believes in photoperiodism . the 12-1 lighting method . 12-1 is simply 12 hrs on , 5.5hrs off , 1 hr on and 5.5 hrs off . then repeat through your entire veg period . begining of flowering 11hrs on , and 13hrs off keeping for 2 weeks . then drop the lighting period by 30 minutes , after 2 weeks switch to 10.5 hrs on, and 13.5 hrs off . continue this 30 min drop every 2 weeks until you reach 9 hrs on and 15 hrs off . finishing flowering at this light . i am just putting this out there to get thoughts and see if anybody is using this method and what there results are?
The only benefit to this I can see is if your hitting very high ppfd and your plants are reaching (I want to call it light saturation but it's not. It's the reduction of photosynthesis efficiency but forget the name) and start to change from photosynthesis to photorespiration. A 1 hr dark period would help prevent this. You have to be pumping out some serious light while there is no definitive light saturation for cannabis studies have shown that from 1500ppfd to 2000ppfd there is a loss of 20% photosynthesis rates. I can't say but peer info leads me to believe that reduction could start as early as 1000ppfd. This is also affected by CO2 levels as increased CO2 aids in photosynthesis efficiency and is why CO2 is recommended above these levels.

I'm not saying there is no other benefits to that lighting schedule just not that I know of.

Latest posts

Top Bottom