Photosynthesis

• Thread starter Homesteader
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BigBlonde

BigBlonde

The only approved site listed on the insert media function for videos is Apple Music.

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Some have been successful at speeding up flower time by giving 15 minutes of red flash only at the end of the light periods each night. I have about 20watts of 730nm on a seperate channel and look forward to trying it out but I think I am going to only run it during the last few weeks of flower instead of the whole cycle and see if anything positive comes from it.

The Red Drop and The Emerson Effect
http://www.life.illinois.edu/govindjee/photosynBook/Chapter13.pdf

Hey, did you do this? and what did you see? Is there any change that's noticeable using red...giving them dawn and twilight with red only? I've these 4ft red led lights I'd like to use...I used them in my veg room and it elongated my plants making me run out of space too quickly. I used them during flower but I didn't notice any change....mind you that was on a failed grow anyways and it was hard to tell whether there was any benefit or not..

Homesteader

Homesteader

I never did it successfully and if I still had a puck and wanted to try I would only do it for the two weeks that I flip to flower and see if it makes a difference. I didn't have a quality secondary timer but that would have helped. Growmaus had one he sold through cutter. He also experimented a lot with it. Not sure if he is on YouTube. I tried at the end of flower but I kept forgetting to plug it in for half those days probably.

Bluebuddha

Bluebuddha

According to Dr Bugbee, Red and specially far red have a synergistic effect when used with full spectrum white. Currently he states that after 30% far red, there's diminishing gains.

Red and far red without full spectrum is insignificant.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I never did it successfully and if I still had a puck and wanted to try I would only do it for the two weeks that I flip to flower and see if it makes a difference. I didn't have a quality secondary timer but that would have helped. Growmaus had one he sold through cutter. He also experimented a lot with it. Not sure if he is on YouTube. I tried at the end of flower but I kept forgetting to plug it in for half those days probably.
I've a bunch of timers, I pick them up at my favorite thrift store $2.99. I asked because I have overlapping timers and I had some lights come on 1- - 15 minutes before the big bright 1000w hps so they got mock dawn and The buds seem to be bigger through that grow than from other grows with the same strains with out mock dawn......

With these red led strip lights I can hang 3 in the tent and give them dawn and dusk. I've girls at almost 6 weeks and after they are done I think I'll play with the red lights. I'll be re growing a few of the same strains so I can see if there is any change....I've 2 GSC I've grow successfully in the past, it'll be fun to see any change reds might bring on...

Homesteader

Homesteader

I build my own light boards and use 33% of my diodes in 660nm and have been happy with it, not sure if it makes any differnce than had I built them all with a white color but oh well. Are the bars in 660nm or 730nm? Perhaps you could get both?

IMG 20180418 074252

Latest posts

Top Bottom