phytochrome manipulation

• Thread starter click80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jsän

i couldnt find the wave-length for those bulbs.

in theory (i havent seen any1 test this yet) any bulb at/around 800nm would work.

Desertboy

Desertboy

I rang Philips the wavelength is 740nm, I've ordered one from the only supplier in the UK AFAIK.

J

Jsän

the 740nm is perfect. Ed suggests 730nm in his book.
good luck and please, please start a log so we can all follow along. :)

Desertboy

Desertboy

the 740nm is perfect. Ed suggests 730nm in his book.
good luck and please, please start a log so we can all follow along. :)

Unsure how to run it, I'm going to wire a relay to my lighting contactor and then wire a TMU (It's a minute timer so I can set it off for 1-10 mins depending on the settings) to the NC contact on the relay this means when my lights switch off I can flick the LED on for say 2 minutes then the TMU will turn off it will reset when the lights go off again to repeat the cycle. That way the plants get 2mins of 740nm directly after lights off.

Sounds like a plan to me, it's just how do I utilise this best, lose 2 hours a day, or run 14/10 days for light? There's a few possibilities how to get the most out of the thing and of course it might well not bloody work.

I shall keep you guys posted I've been told 5-7 day delivery as it's special order only, not flowering anything for a couple of weeks at least.

If I run "short days" I need a digital timer so I can run 20 hour days instead of 24, bloody mechanicals!

Desertboy

Desertboy

I'm wondering if I can can get my plant to stretch with the far red lamp I had issues that my plants weren't tall enough last time.

What use is a deep red/w lamp? Is this used to extend day length?

P

primeform

I cant believe there isnt more info on this subject. I volunteer myself as a guinea pig and will report results once I have failed or succeeded throughly.

Desertboy

Desertboy

You can get a US equiv looks like almost the same lamp, possible rebrand.

There's a catch it's $165 for the lamp, for once UK's cheaper!

ECC-FR™ (Far Red) LED Grow Bulb, google it.

The US version is 17w the UK one is 16w.

My LED gives out it's light output

• Wavelength
    725 (min), 740 (nom), 750 (max) nm

Deep red are just Philips own way of saying 660nm lights which you would use for extending day length not something we'd do normally unless you want to start plants in you back garden in earlier in the year when they would normally go into flower.

Desertboy

Desertboy

Photoperiodism in a Short-Day Plant
CockleburChart.gif
Experiments with the cocklebur have shown that the term short-day is something of a misnomer; what the cocklebur needs is a sufficiently long night.
  • Cockleburs (adapted to the latitude of Michigan) will flower only if they have been kept in the dark for at least 8.5 hours — the critical period. (A and B).
  • Interruption of an otherwise long night by light — red (660 nm) rays are particularly effective — prevents flowering. (C) unless
  • it is followed by irradiation with far red (730 nm) light (D). See spectrum of electromagnetic radiation.
  • An intense exposure to far red light at the start of the night reduces the dark requirement by 2 hours (E).
These response are mediated by phytochrome.

P

primeform

I want the phillips brand! They arent selling these in the US now? Can you give me the number or website you ordered the one from the UK? How much do the phillips brand from UK cost?

Desertboy

Desertboy

Are these only available in UK? How much did it cost you? looks like 50 bux a bulb?

It was ~£60 with delivery a friend got it for me I'll have to chase him for the details but $100 plus getting it to the states you might as well buy the eco light, shop around you can probably get it cheaper I was originally going to buy the eco light and ship to the UK until the local garden centre guy said he could sort it.

At least if it does go wrong you can get it warrantied easy.

P

primeform

I need like 8 of these lights. So I would like to get them as cheap as possible. and shipping would be cheaper for 8 from europe so shouldnt be too bad. let me know if you got it from growlightsuk.com after you talk to your friend.

Desertboy

Desertboy

I tried them but they have no stock even though they list it as in stock, they did have the production light bars in stock when I checked in Far Red probably a better buy for yourself.

Anything bought from the UK will be 220/240v.

http://www.lighting.philips.co.uk/p.../pdf/horticulture/en/green_l_module_en_lr.pdf

The production one has the control gear built in the cheaper light bars need separate control gear.

They sell them in 5 foot long bars possibly more suitable for you application.

P

primeform

hmm sounds pretty sweet actually. I did see those but they look nothing like the bulbs. they just have a few LEDs placed every couple feet down the cord?

P

primeform

i talked to 4 different places today with no luck finding these bulbs. havent heard back from growlightsuk.com yet. Did you ask your friend where he ended up ordering from?

Latest posts

Top Bottom