phytochrome manipulation

• Thread starter click80
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Our man the Dex is doing some footwork. I can hear it now!

dextr0

dextr0

What I posted yesterday was the wrong nm, so I deleted it. It says far red but when I looked it had 660 nm. We want 720nm.

I did do a little footwork, but the finds are slim. The only two ways I c of getting what u want is DIY LEDS (which actually looks simple, to me anyway), or the ECC-FR™ (Far Red) LED Grow Bulb for $165 here in US (plus tax, if u find one not charging shipping let us know).

How to build your DIY LED array
<< How to build it.

DIY LED Emitter Selection
<< Bulb sources

P

primeform

Thanks dextr0 i came to about the same conclusion. Will build my own LEDs after I decide this works in practice not just theory.

dextr0

dextr0

There has to be more or other kinds of lighting out there though prime. How about fluorescents?....something to look into anyway. Also I would look for other uses of far red, growing equipment gets taxed just cuz its used to grow.

check it:
http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/lights/msg042243215296.html?17

"BTW, I have the same kind of red (Sylvania 236) and far red (Sylvania 232) fluorescent bulbs that were used in that study. I forgot which (I have about a dozen different kinds) was the far red but that paper refreshed my memory and gave me a spectral distribution chart which is certainly useful to me."

P

primeform

All i can find are "wide spectrum" grow fluoros from sylvania. Nothing called sylvania 236. I think im just going to build my own LED strips. Now i need to find the best LED bulbs for this application.

P

primeform

Basicly I need to have these built for me by a company or someone that does DIY Led lights. Does anyone have any suggestions for this? I think LED is the best option for isolated spectrums but dont think anyone is making them in 730nm. I cant seem to find the philips versions anywhere but growlightsuk.com and they are not responding to me.

Desertboy

Desertboy

Sorry had to go away for a week, lights been shipped so I should have in next week when I'm back.

My friend got the lamp off the company who supplies his plants for the garden centre, best ringing grow lamps uk.

dextr0

dextr0

Basicly I need to have these built for me by a company or someone that does DIY Led lights. Does anyone have any suggestions for this? I think LED is the best option for isolated spectrums but dont think anyone is making them in 730nm. I cant seem to find the philips versions anywhere but growlightsuk.com and they are not responding to me.

Man I posted all the info for u here on tha thread...but a If u want Ill make u one for a reasonable price. Pm me and we'll talk.

P

primeform

Sorry had to go away for a week, lights been shipped so I should have in next week when I'm back.

My friend got the lamp off the company who supplies his plants for the garden centre, best ringing grow lamps uk.

growlightsuk wont ship to US and wont respond to my messages. Need to find a source that will send them to Us. Sounds like my solution might be some custom made LED panels from someone like dex. Please let us know how your light works when it comes in and if Id be able to get some from the same company.

Desertboy

Desertboy

Got back today itching to play with the lamp but I need at least a relay first before I can preferrably some sort of TMU so I can switch the light on at lights off for 10 minutes.

I might just wire a relay and have the lamp on permanently during the dark period for an easy fix using things I have to hand.

Will grab some photo's ASAP

Desertboy

Desertboy

I've only bought a single lamp which seems to be suitable for 8x8 sized grow areas I'm only covering a fraction of that.

You could use light movers and less lamps? which no ill effects!

DSCF1483
DSCF1484
DSCF1486
dextr0

dextr0

I've only bought a single lamp which seems to be suitable for 8x8 sized grow areas I'm only covering a fraction of that.

You could use light movers and less lamps? which no ill effects!

I wish i knew how many bulbs were in that thing. Im finding 5w Leds in the right spec on mouser.com. 4 of them would equal 20w. Close to what u are running. The thing is with Leds they dont really use there watts efficiently. For instance U have a 5w and a 1w. Both have the same color that they are emitting but one is more powerful right. Ok but in return for that extra power u have to give up something, in this case its efficiency. So though a 5w is more powerful its not as efficient as using 1w Leds.

So I wonder did they use alot of 1w or 5w or what. Just curious and I dont think u can answer me since the dome is frosted. Just thought I would ask.

Prime im here if u still wanna work with me bro. $100 Beats $160 any day in my books, but I can understand your needs also. Good luck bro, how ever u choose to do it.

Desertboy

Desertboy

GrowlampsUK are the only website I've ever seen them on but they didn't have stock when I tried, the guy I got them from uses all 3 lamps in the range to grow strawberry's out of season on a commercial scale.

I'm trying to organise checking out the grow which would rock.

dextr0

dextr0

And for u people who missed it. If u look around (or ask me) u can find the materials to make your own light for under $100. How much is dependent on what u use and who u choose to do business with. Remember u want good quality products that are reliable. Dont shortchange yourself, but be smart about it and do some pricing.

Peace yall.

All the start up info is on this thread, just a clue for u.

Top Bottom