Picking out my next seeds is not very easy..

• Thread starter Rama777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rama777

Rama777

So I’m on my first grow which is Grimm Truffles from Brother’s Grimm. Going really well! I’m about a month out from being ready to start another round of plants but I’m having a pretty hard time picking something out.

Personally my favorite strain back in the day (back in the day for me..) was the sativa dominant pheno of Satori by Mandala seeds. So I guess I should probably grow those! But, I’m open to other things.

I’m a musician and used to smoke a lot and play. These days I don’t really because everything I come across gives me a lift for a short period and then the physical effects throw me off and make me feel tired. I’m not in a legal state so I don’t have the luxury of variety.

The Satori was very focusing, meditative, in the head, and when I started to come down, I could just smoke some more and be pretty close to where I started off again. Not tired. Also it wasn’t racy. I used to enjoy the intensity but now it’s too overwhelming. It’s not that I want a midsy or weak strain, just rather specific, though I understand everyone is effected differently. I’m not against some physical effects. It is marijuana after all! Reduced muscle tension from a bit of the body high is helpful for me.

What I’m coming across in forums is Sour Diesel and certain Haze strains perhaps. Any other recommendations?

Other criteria I would like to meet is that it be skunky and fuel like. I also enjoy limonene. Tropical notes are fine too but I miss the skunk which seems to be lacking in the available strains around these parts.

I also have vertical limits, so I need something that can handle being topped. I could do SOG but I think I’d be wise to limit my plant count in case I suffered from any stupid misfortune. Though I’m a “newbie,” I am an organic farmer and so have boat loads of experience with plants, so newbie is not exactly the best word to describe me. Point being that I’m not scared to dive into somewhat finicky strains.

I also don’t want to run flowering past 70 days, but that’s also kind of dependent on how high yielding they are, because if I can get great yields and have a shorter veg time to get there, than 77 days strains are probably okay as well.

Any thoughts for me?

Rama777

Rama777

Any particular strain of theirs that you are familiar with that matches my description of desired effects?

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
Any particular strain of theirs that you are familiar with that matches my description of desired effects?
That's not how weed works, each plant is different. If you grow from seed its a dice roll. Also my experience will be different than yours from the same bud 🤷‍♂️ they have really good genetics though. You will have to clone a plant you like if you want to mimic it. Sorry to be a Debbie downer but it is what it is. I personally like space panda and ice cream cake. They have some crazy kinds though, check their site and seedsman. There are different varieties on each and some awesome stuff 👍

Rama777

Rama777

I hear ya’, that makes sense. I do plan on taking cuttings from the special plants that I will inevitably run into on my journey!

Rama777

Rama777

One sort of argument I seem to encounter is people debating wether or not a lot of the “new strain” breeders guide appearance and a myriad of flavors as opposed to the effects of the strains themselves. Is that true or is it that old school growers possibly are just nostalgic for the strains that originally excited them back in the day?

Top Bottom