"Piff" NYC Haze

• Thread starter xX Kid Twist Xx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
what that doesnt even make sense to me i havebnt done my homework on something i smoke and have been smokin for dumb long? im tellin u piff isnt really haze, i dont care what u think u know oldhead jus cus uve been smokin it since before people called it piff

again no disrespect , i get excited weni talk haze,especially wen i hear outrageous comments like such , i hope we can agree to disagree my man

but you made a statement that is false and has no backing the above quote i first put up , as for my statements it comes from my experience and extensive reasearch

haze is a lifestyle i live

from your words it seems your a youngin,i dont know how long you smoke haze or watever your experience maybe but i dont like when people put out the wrong info ,if you know me i never lie ,if you check one of our latest threads on te black haze i contest the comment that black haze is pure haze and noone had anything to say

wat i meant by do your homework is ,if you know anything about haze youll know wat i speak is the truth ,my first thread was to SAMS on IC it has the most info to date on the net about the haze ,i wish too put together an article on the true origins then you might better understand ,i have more passion than most wen it comes to haze and this has been my main focus since my first post on the boards if you look into haze threads
marjority of the time youll see my post

and piff is a smell not a strain, and the seedstock i am workin my piff strain out with has no haze in its genes anyway

i love wen people are passionate about wat they say

but you make me think your off the wall an i think any nyer for that matter

NO haze genes in PIFF thats anew one

curious where are you from ?

piff is a term coined for haze from uptown that has been used by many and any to sell there product ,as ive said before uneducated mofo even call non haze strains piff nowadays to get their product off,i agree there are other names that hav been tagged to haze selections but they hav more of a definition such as church n frankies

if you dont agree wit the above statement is cause you dont know any better and have never walked washington heights

i will send u some seeds tho little scrap so u can get a better understanding of piff not haze piff, it was called haze cus haze sounds cool not cus it has haze as us weedgrowers know haze

i thankyou for the offering and a good laugh ,i wish i could really understand wat genetics does your piff come from ( icant believe i just said that)

id lov to hear your description of haze (as weedgrowers know haze)

again irespect your passion and wish you the best with your project ,apologies if i came off harsh

but my heart is my home ,i spent my youth in the W.heights ,haze is my passion i hope you understand

1luvbigherb

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
my brother

im not trying to make you look dumb,i admit som statements have been a little out there ,but i wasnt trying to offend you just help you understand

i dont agree with wat your sayin and id love to converse and not argue

soo if you listen you might learn somthing

im askin you your description of haze?specially taste/aromas

since ive been on the net ive asked much of the community an especially the OG's the OT's there description ,this is wat i mean by part of my reasearch

im not sure wat i took wrong? maybe you could help me understand

i have smoked haze from all over, not the country the world(well amsterdam and jamaica) and none of the HAZE which is a sativa strain has the piff smell or characteristics of what we growers know as haze have. do u understand that?

i understand ,thats why nyc haze is soo special ,thats why according to my research a handful of people on the net hav actually smoked ORGINAL HAZE during the 70's ,this was always surprising until i asked tom hill and he admitted to not experiencing haze bros haze ,it was then i truly understood you hav to be 50+ to hav had the opportunity

i dont agree with that n again since your soo well aquainted wit the taste/aromas id lov a description

let me say this jamaica has nothnig to do with haze especially not OHAZE so that is irrelevant,as for adam there haez is nothin special at all an his watered down to the point you will not get a taste/aroma of the ohaze wit the exception of a very small percentage

if you know the history of haze SAMS brought it to holland in 85 ,its not clear which year his stock was from or which representation/pheno's he worked wit but its thought to express the thai side ,the sweet side which SAMS is famous for ,more soo he worked it to f10 soo is this the best representation of OHAZE maybe available but not period

i dont know about sweet haze,im not into sweet strains and ill tell you not all of the four phenos had a sweet trait ,there was definite spice and incense in som of the phenos

also trenton /NJ period doesnt have nothin to do wit haze ,i know evrybody on the east coast gets a taste but dont forget ,washington heights is the home of the haze ,soo if you anint eating cubanos n pernil wit black beans n rice drinking papaya shakes and getting a skin fade on st nics you havnt had the true experience ,i woldnt exspect you to understand

im bugging ,only joking brother,just in the last sentence

and at one of the top sources nj and ny and ive grown haze strains and smoked tons of diff hazes but jus smoked u seem to be the expert on haze grows but dont seem to see the diff between haze and piff which i would figure a haze head like u would alredy know tht and see the diff in budstructure and high let alone narcotic earthy musk mostly associated with indicas

im no expert my experience is limited but ive found the church trait in both sk/hz n nevilles haze from MNS

the narcotic stone that is associated with indicas true but it is also found in some pure sativas my friend ,africans ,colombian such as colombian wackweed/Cred ,thai's such as choc thai

1luvbigherb

R

RonMac559

haze has a leather shoe smell to it and if it really has haze genes in it they are totally different then what i have ever seen in a haze, and i have grown coffee smellin sativas and sandalwood smell sativas but most are fruity all the pure hazes i have smoked tasted woody or slightly fruity, i am really no real haze expert but i know piff and i know it is indica dominant, very rarely do u see sat dom lookin piff it usually looks chuncky like indica smokes like indica so if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck u already know what it is. so for people to be calling it piff is untrue, there is nobody growing sativa neville haze commercially for american rappers and hood coke dealers so i really dont know why u are talkin bout the 70s and real oldschool haze cus that is a different entity all together tht is the point of my debate.

I'm really no expert or mediator, but all i know is yall both sound like some whiny lil school kids sayin "I know piff" "No you dont, i do"... Bottom line is, piff is just a name for bomb tree, there is no piff STRAIN, therefore no specific genetics... As it has already been stated, piff is just a made up term to sell tree... But i will agree that the term piff was coined on the east coast, and now everybody uses it...

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
silver surfer

i appreciate your description ,as for the sandlewood/shoe leather/woody this is common in our nyc hazes also ,as for fruit ive never seen a fruity haze in nyc

haze has a leather shoe smell to it and if it really has haze genes in it they are totally different then what i have ever seen in a haze
if you are trying to understand wat im telling you you would understand my point of comparison ,the 70's orginal haze/ NYC HAZE's/nevilles haze's ,there share the incense trait and the catpiss trait

the description from nevilles seed bank catalouge of i believe 89 NL5 haze was ,the fragrance of is complex and deep with dry flowery perfume over a base of dark leathery animal tones ,similar to your experience and similar to nyc hazes

as for the structure ive said there are many variations ,ive seen many very loose /foxtailed /very sativa expression of haze ,hopfully one day i can compile my videos show you all

RON

i understand i dont like arguments either , im done wit the convo becaz ive tried to get my point across wether he understand's or not ,were not name calling or cussing , iwas just speaking my piece and hoping we could argue without the heat but it doesnt seem soo

but you havnt contributed to this thread ,youve just repeated wat ive said countless times

and for the last time its was a term for high grade haze ,then got abused and used by others as yourself to call any strain or as you say bomb tree

1luvbigherb

M

MadBuddhaAbuser

Fuck piff bring back the puday. also wtf happened to that awesome piney hazy shit from like 7 plus years ago. that was the shit

S

SailerJerry

Yo Silver don't ever mention Trenton again you make us look bad. If you have grown out all these things you say you would of found the Piff smell. The RO Mango cut has it but is very tricky to carry it over to dry buds. Also Trenton might not be the capitol of haze but thier is alot of spanish/domincan people in the city with strong ties to New York Wash H. I agree the the Haze hasn't been the same since 2000-2004 Now it's got the smell but no were near the look or high. Probly hybrids from the original clones to lower flower times and up yield or just them loosing the clones But still the smell is what i'm inlove with no the leathery phenos but the nose twitching church phenos. Surfer is your upcoming seedline Sativa or Indica or a nice mix of the 2? Is it sourced from bag seed, a clone, or a seedline you grew out? I'd like to see this pm me were neighbors.

DonJuanMatus

DonJuanMatus

wow this thread got ugly quick.......i guess do to such misinformation going around..where im from there are 3 different haze cuts going around yet most people just say it the haze or call it one haze when its obviously another....i think something similar is going down in nyc maybe diff phenos of a similar haze....maybe diff hazes,some done good some done bad..all rolled up with the same name...church ,frankies what ever..i say who cares, if its fire smoke it.....and to those saying this isnt like REAL haze then they obviously dont know real haze

S

SailerJerry

Don I'd like to see pics of the 3 or just info I heard of the black cut I dunno if it's the same thats goin around as the one you have and seen you mention a sliver anymore info on that one and what would be the 3rd?

Z

zoeronerer

the other one is the greener pheno yeah?

which of the variations do you guys prefer .. i got some that was a light green and an amber colored gram that was more of a sandalwood ...

which of the piff pheno's do u guys prefer ....

im a san dego boy but had a lady in the bronx few years back and would visit ... it was a favorite ..

oh and big herb thanks for the info ... dont let a kid with 12 posts get u down we all love ya......

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
the other one is the greener pheno yeah?

which of the variations do you guys prefer .. i got some that was a light green and an amber colored gram that was more of a sandalwood ...

which of the piff pheno's do u guys prefer ....

im a san dego boy but had a lady in the bronx few years back and would visit ... it was a favorite ..

oh and big herb thanks for the info ... dont let a kid with 12 posts get u down we all love ya......

i much prefer the golden pheno's ,i like my haze like i like most of my cannabis and women on the darker side, brown /yellow/golden are IME the top notch hazes

our sayin goes if it anint church it anint fire

much love and respect

i appreciate the kinds words my brother ,i needed a fattie after i read those post ,i caught myself getting rubbed the wrong way but it been a bad week for me ,i hope not to express my emotions in any of my post especially to the ones i respect here

1luvbigherb

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
sounds like a plan surfer. thats what i want to see. this thread was started because of the lack of pictures of piff and other nyc hazes. I had a sick connect from harlem would cuff me 4-5 lbs at a time when he got it so i ran through my fair share of piff. but at the time we called it haze or purple haze sometimes A1 bud. Piff was such a new term i didnt pay it no mind. those pics of the super skunk, that shit has been kicking around a long time its potent and stinky.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
heres another shot. this is the last of the "piff" got about a blunt and a half worth left.:icon_spin:

DSC 0048
DSC 0047
Z

zoeronerer

lets c tha bay bays ........

twist did you see variation in the product you used to get ?

or did it seem to be the same clone.

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
for the most part it looks like this or the 2nd pic of the black haze. this batch is just not as good as the rest. these buds are flat and dried out. but i have gotten the same smell from that other greener shit as well...perhaps a differnt grower? could all be the same cut just taken at differnt times. One guy could use co2 one guy might not. one guy trims his popcorn buds thus creating larger top buds one guy dose not. One guy tops trains one guy grows naturally. Guy 1 has his temps under control guy 2 does not. there are so many factors that could affect the look of the final porduct. If i dont flush my plants will look greener at the end. if i grow hyrdo my buds will be bigger and so on.

If i get more money for my weed in trenton then i do in brooklyn ill probably give the better quality to trenton. meaning top more juicy buds less larf and such.

for the most part zoeroner it looks similar to this

Z

zoeronerer

thanks twist .........

just wondering if it was one cut or not and if there are more than a couple crews growing it....

i really liked it and have been on the search..

east coast cats appreciate the hazes more .. thanks for all the great info...

i hope someone brings this to the plate in cut or seed form for the west coast and beyond to try..

the homeys in london love it 2

PHEN

PHEN

Good one Kid Twist, ur bringin back some good memories for me man lol. I haven't seen or tasted any Piff in a good 3 or 4 years now. My plug just stop havin it and Kush took over. I'm more down south and we called it Purple Haze, Haze, or Piff too and u can never forget that distinct smell and taste, we referred to it as that "tang". It was the fist real distinct exotic I came across that wasn't like the so called "headies" (generic I call it) that was floatin around my way. Great smoke when grown right. When I was gettin it right before it wasn't available anymore u could tell the quality was gettin watered down but it always had that "tang".

This may be a little of topic but have ya'll ever heard of a strain named "Branson"? I had this one time way back in 02 or 03 I think, not even sure if it is a legit strain or just a name somebody made up, but it was some funky, potent, lung expanding smoke, couch lock if overindulged, figured I'd pop that in there since some are in NY, any info is appreciated. Peace :cool0044:

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
silver

im curious as too the lineage of the strain you hav wit the piff smell ?

as ive mentioned i lov the incense trait ,i started a thread at mns a while back Frankincense trait in haze ,it had many opinions on where the incense trait comes from but for the most part it was agreed it was commonly found in colombian strains

ive found a few other strains aside from colombian wit the trait bubba kush ,thai etc ,soo id like to hear any info on the backround of this strain you speak of

bigherb

bigherb

Farmer
ive grown the pre 98 bubba kush like last year and the classic clone company(which i dont even think they breed anymore) like 10 years ago and both smelled like lemony fuel more then any incense smell ive ever smelled, the bubba smells more like the sour d then any haze ive ever smelled. there is a thai in it and hawiian sativa, which is the sat side but the nl5 is prob what keeps this strain stocky and chunky budded the way it is. i really have no prob answering any questions u have, i would have popped the seeds already but i have like 80 seedlings i need to transplant to out of the starter pots. the hydro store doesnt carry black bags anymore so i cant take the bail of promix out of my trunk till the coast is clear.

i dont have any experience with bubba except in a hybrid of fugu kush,im just reporting what ive seen quite a few mention and i dont think lemon is commonly reported in the true bubba

there is a thai in it and hawiian sativa, which is the sat side but the nl5
soo this is the lineage of your strain

sound like som great genetics ,im curious as to specifics on the parents source of origins

im not sure how you worked the line but it seems sativa dom ,which makes sense as too the reported taste/aromas ,i would think the hawaiian has possible thai lineage aswell

thanks for the info and best wishes with the project

Top Bottom