Pine Tar Gush (PTK x Gorilla Bubble)

• Thread starter JackPine
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JackPine

JackPine

I've been extremely impressed with this Pine Tar Gush I got from Great Lakes Genetics this past summer. I ended up with a few different phenos, but the one that got cloned is a bit of an odd brancher, though vigorous and quick to finish (60days). What it might lack in appearance it more than makes up for with the quality and uniqueness of the final product: serious pine terpenes! You can see a large one that was just stripped for the flip, she is drooping from the trim but the claw like shape is actually normal with this pheno.

I had a couple studs too that I crossed with a very unique cut of Cherry Cookies, you can see the progeny in the two pots on the right of the second pic, the one on the left is another PTG. Hoping I get something interesting from the chuck...

Pine tar gush ptk x gorilla bubble
Pine tar gush ptk x gorilla bubble 2
PK1

PK1

Supporter
I'm not sure if the way the picture is taken that the leaves in blue circle look like a deficiency, or something that you are paying attention too

Agdad

JackPine

JackPine

Oh man, good looking out! Any wager on what it could be? They are in #4 soil and mainly fed Alaska fish fertilizer

PK1

PK1

Supporter
what is a number 4 soil and i think you have multi deficiency or a lockout

JackPine

JackPine

Sorry should have been specific: Nectar for the Gods #4 soil mix from the Oregon's Only company.

The plant in question has been in that soil for more than a month but probably less than 2 months.

JackPine

JackPine

I'm still fairly new to this, so don't really want to question anyone's wisdom here, but this plant seems to be thriving. Wouldn't it be stunted or am I just worrying about the effects down the road in flowering?

ShadedFlarf

ShadedFlarf

It’s all good. I hate to say it but that plant is not looking good either. It’s got lockout as well. How old are they?

ShadedFlarf

ShadedFlarf

Let me put it this way...a plant that is in soil for 2 months and healthy would be much bigger than that. If it’s locked out it will be stunted. I could be wrong though. You may have just got a wonky pheno...

ShadedFlarf

ShadedFlarf

Do me a favor though. Water the plant and collect some of the first water running out the bottom and test the PH and PPM. Make sure your meter is calibrated as well.

JackPine

JackPine

That is the same plant from the first pic, just pulled out to get a better shot and 3-4 days later. I've never taken PH or PPM readings, and probably never will... Just sayin' .no disrespect to people who swear by them. I only use mild organic fertilizers and only very sparingly, so have never felt a need to look at the chemistry.

2 months is on the long end, it was a tiny clone at first too: took a long time to hit a stride, and it's been 'manifolded' which stunted it for a while.

JackPine

JackPine

Also, it is for sure a wonky pheno in my non-expert opinion. I'm not totally new to this, and this cut is the strangest I've worked with.

JackPine

JackPine

So the clone was cut in early Nov. potted late same month so I'm thinking 1.5 months max

GDC5221

GDC5221

I don’t know if this will help, I am a new grower but, we use Alaska fish fertilizer, I made the mistake of over feeding, plants got too much nitrogen and locked out, I’m pretty sure that’s what caused the Weird looking dark green plant. We fixed the plants by just watering with regular tap water for a few weeks without PH checking, and the plants thrived right afterwards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom