PINEAPPLE EXPRESS stealth grow

• Thread starter Uk_thc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Uk_thc

Uk_thc

hey,

ive been a member for a few months or so, just been doing plenty of reading, i went at my first grow alone from what i have read online but some more personally tailored help may be what i need to get me on my feet.:sad0047:

so.............

i put 2 Barneys Farm pinapple express seeds inbetween paper towels and they sprouted a taproot in just over a day,

after pre-soaking my rockwool cubes in 5.3ph water for a few minutes,
i allowed any excess water run out before i then placed them into the cubes under a 2ft t5 lightwave,
just about a day in the cubes and the seeds have showen their faces.

currently, 80fh . 30-40% humidity

i probably will need assistance as this is my 2nd grow, but the first didnt go exactly to plan,

i plan to put the 1" cubes into the next size up with inserts cut out, and then i plan to put them into a

coco, bat guano, vercumilite, perlite, worm casting mix!

the nutes are canna a+b, rhizitonic, cannazym, cannaboost and pk13
also formulex

below is what i got off my first grow. they were easy ryder, the first one was about 1/4 oz and was a nice smoke, the 2nd (last pic) was just over 1oz dry,
but this plant suffered alot of stress from heat/re potting/falling debris, lol
and i am surprised it managed to keep surviving, altough i got alot more weight, the smoke was very poor.:sad0047:

and the middle pic is my grow room at the moment just before i put the cubes in, the lights are alot lower now.

Pineapple express stealth grow
Pineapple express stealth grow 2
Pineapple express stealth grow 3
Uk_thc

Uk_thc

i have tried looking everywhere, but if anyone knows where theres a grow diary of barneys farm pineapple express, that would be helpfull,
just trying to find out more about the strain, also this is my first time using rockwool,
i decided to use rockwool due to suffered stress due to repotting.

my last grow suffered high temps at times, highest 95f,

i have an 8" rvk exhaust
a 4" rvk intake

and when i put the 400w hps light in, i also have a 4" rvk for the cool tube.

now the weather is alot colder so im hoping that heat shouldnt be an issue,
i hope i have given enough info for any future help which might be needed

heres a pic of the seed at day 2-3

IMG 0312
Uk_thc

Uk_thc

update

so ,

here they are 6 days after sprouting a tail,
im still learning so any suggestions are welcome,

im keeping them in a propegator with 50 - 70 humidity and temps 80f

im still watering with ph 5.5 water,

in the next day or two, i was planning to start watering with ph5.5 with 1/4 dose of formulex,

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

It's pretty hard to over water seedlings. I usually don't feed nutes untill the 3rd set of leaves or if they look like they need nutes (yellowing). Just ro water.

Uk_thc

Uk_thc

here they are at 11 days

..the first two pics are seed 1
and the rest are seed 2

i noticed today brown marks on seed 2, anybody know if its anything to worry about?

the medium is:

2 coco coir
1 vercumilite
1 pearlite
1 worm castings
and a dashing of bat guano

they have been in this medium for about 4 days

OctoberDee

OctoberDee

Your medium mix sounds too hot. Your plants leaves are growing out curled and the older leaves are getting some burn spots on them. I would avoid nutes and just water maybe take your water ph to 6.3. Those worm castings are really strong. Is this the same formula you used previously? Also don't do auto strains... they grow out poor smoke.. you can easily just adjust light times and grow out a regular strain with better thc content potential... high temps are bad and 95 will start to stunt growth but not that bad. Get some afghan strains they can handle heat and do well in it. You should also just start in regular soil next time with lots of perlite and verm, skip the rockwool cubes. Use a good potting mix in a 12 or 16 oz cup until it gets like 4 or 5 sets of leaves then transplant to your larger pot with some guano and worm catings. Use sparingly then add your liquid ferts and nutes as the plant ages. Hope that helps.

vaporedout

vaporedout

seeing as how im still a newbie as well, ive got 5 or 6 grows under my belt and im going to branch out to making my soil next, but for the first couple grows, you cant go wrong with happy frog soil for babies, and once they get bigger and you get ready to flip to 12/12 i use ocean forrest.

the happy frog i usually have to feed nutes, but the ocean forrest takes care of nutes for about 4 weeks, then i notice you need to start with some bloom nutes. either way i was always told, "less is more" i also kept my ph around 5.8 to 6.0

B

Bluenote

seeing as how im still a newbie as well, ive got 5 or 6 grows under my belt and im going to branch out to making my soil next, but for the first couple grows, you cant go wrong with happy frog soil for babies, and once they get bigger and you get ready to flip to 12/12 i use ocean forrest.

the happy frog i usually have to feed nutes, but the ocean forrest takes care of nutes for about 4 weeks, then i notice you need to start with some bloom nutes. either way i was always told, "less is more" i also kept my ph around 5.8 to 6.0

For soil bring your PH up to 6.3-6.5 , you'll get better results , check your soil PH , I'd bet you're way acid by the end of your run. 5.8 is hydro range.

I use Happy Frog or the Premier proMix Bx with Myco , I don't use O.F. except as a mix , sometimes it seems to be a bit " hot" for certain strains. Perlite content goes by strain and time of year , sometimes I want more drainage.......roughly speaking 20% big and chunky perlite to 80% soil. O.F. 40% to 60% soil for seedlings and clones.

Or one can go with a mostly *inert* " soil" and put all the good stuff in with your tea ( if you do a tea) i.e blood meal , bone meal , dolomite lime etc.etc.

Botanicare's aeration formula is a fairly inert ( though not completely) formula that works quite well with next to no fiddling as long as you take into account the Coir content.

O.P. you transplanted a bit early pay attention to what the gentleman said about it , and take his advice on the " auto" strains. I'll just leave that one alone except to state that if you *don't* take his advice you'll be sorry and end up taking said advice in the end. Auto-strains are crap , across the board , along with a way to make you a captive of the given seed company that you're getting your " autos" from.

Uk_thc

Uk_thc

Your medium mix sounds too hot. Your plants leaves are growing out curled and the older leaves are getting some burn spots on them. I would avoid nutes and just water maybe take your water ph to 6.3. Those worm castings are really strong. Is this the same formula you used previously? Also don't do auto strains... they grow out poor smoke.. you can easily just adjust light times and grow out a regular strain with better thc content potential... high temps are bad and 95 will start to stunt growth but not that bad. Get some afghan strains they can handle heat and do well in it. You should also just start in regular soil next time with lots of perlite and verm, skip the rockwool cubes. Use a good potting mix in a 12 or 16 oz cup until it gets like 4 or 5 sets of leaves then transplant to your larger pot with some guano and worm catings. Use sparingly then add your liquid ferts and nutes as the plant ages. Hope that helps.

sorry,

just noticed all replies, thanks for the advise,

my last grow was just coco choir with perlite 60 / 40,

i basically transplanted as soon as roots come through the bottom, and i used rockwool because of repotting stress on my last grow, which i have learnt is another "auto" flaw,

and at the moment i am still feeding with just water ph6.0 - 6.5 and my runoff comes out as ph7.0.
so i was going to adjust my ph so the runoff comes out ph6.0 - 6.5

would this be correct?

Uk_thc

Uk_thc

thanks
i just got some free connoisseur genetics purple cheech from a mutual friend of C G, So i will definatly be trying what you said about light times!

temps are now 74ish due to the cold weather so hopefully that helps abit.

Uk_thc

Uk_thc

here is a picture of just before i put the rockwool into the pot,

should there have been more roots before transplant,?

Bb
lazarus718

lazarus718

As far as the weak smoke goes, you are going to get that in all your autos because they are all mixed with a ruderalis plant to get them to auto flower. If you want a more potent version go with the G-13 Labs one. I'm guessing you are buying autos because you have a small space, you should check out some of the micro grows here on the farm and see how guys are using methods like LST, topping, super-cropping, etc. with more legit strains. Some guys even trim the roots and grow bonsais dude.

Found this thread about your plant here on the farm:

B

Bluenote

here is a picture of just before i put the rockwool into the pot,

should there have been more roots before transplant,?

Personally yeah I like to see quite a bit more root than that showing , but pragmaticly I'm not all that certain it *really* makes that much of a difference , gut feeling says it does but nothing beyond the anecdotal.

B

Bluenote

sorry,

just noticed all replies, thanks for the advise,

my last grow was just coco choir with perlite 60 / 40,

i basically transplanted as soon as roots come through the bottom, and i used rockwool because of repotting stress on my last grow, which i have learnt is another "auto" flaw,

and at the moment i am still feeding with just water ph6.0 - 6.5 and my runoff comes out as ph7.0.
so i was going to adjust my ph so the runoff comes out ph6.0 - 6.5

would this be correct?

I wouldn't even worry about the runoff at this point , just keep your water/nutrient in the 6.3-6.5 range and give it a bit of time to settle down and work itself out a bit. You'll be fine.

Uk_thc

Uk_thc

I wouldn't even worry about the runoff at this point , just keep your water/nutrient in the 6.3-6.5 range and give it a bit of time to settle down and work itself out a bit. You'll be fine.

ok mate will do.

Uk_thc

Uk_thc

3 weeks old

here they are now at week 3,

now i have given a feed with 1/4 strength formulex
and i plan to let the soil get quiet dry before i water next, which will be 1/2 strength formulex

3weeks01
3weeks04
3weeks03
OctoberDee

OctoberDee

They're looking really good, way to turn it around. Whatever you're doing now just keep doing it UK.

Uk_thc

Uk_thc

4.5 weeks now

these girls started smelling a few days ago now,
can anybody tell me if it would be ok to use a 6" filter with an 8" exhast fan?

pic 1+2 is the main bud of each plant. they seem to be growing differently

pic 3 shows where ive tied them down to keep the buds a similar height, hopefully anyway!

pic 4+5 is of the leaves, is this a deffiency? (i flushed them yesterday)

at the moment their nutes are
5.0 formulex
2.5 rhizitonic
2.5 canna a+b

ph 6.1 - 6.5

Bud1
Bud2
Lstpic1
Leafdef1
Leafdef2
Group1

Latest posts