Pink Trikes

• Thread starter hogheaven
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
hogheaven

hogheaven

Pink trikes. Not all of them, mostly around the tip of the crowns. week 5. New strain and I dunno the genetics.

Tried to take a photo but can't get a clear shot without macro. Very obvious under white light, can't see them under sodium, so maybe there since week 4..

I've also changed nutes from canna to gh but doubt its to do with this. Has me stumped. Paranoid its some kind of weird metal/mineral toxicity.

I used KMnO4 a while back to clean some buckets. Thinking no way can there be residue. Its totally soluble and washed em out good.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
I had a sweetgod that would do that. Sweettooth x purplegodess. It would look like someone took a tiny drop a food coloring. Dropped it on trich. You could see the swirling of pink.

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
It may just be the light refracting from the lens of the trich changing the red spectrum to a pink one?

happylittle

happylittle

I have seen this in genetics that grow purple calyxs due to genetics and not environment. My Sunburst (pre98Bubba x Tahoe og) never fail to produce lots of these purple/pink crystals.
one question ive always had is how do you tell if purple trichs are ripe. Its very hard to tell when they go cloudy.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
I have seen this in genetics that grow purple calyxs due to genetics and not environment. My Sunburst (pre98Bubba x Tahoe og) never fail to produce lots of these purple/pink crystals.
one question ive always had is how do you tell if purple trichs are ripe. Its very hard to tell when they go cloudy.
I always took mine when I didn't see any clear left. But I didn't really know for sure, if she was done rite. . Ivwould assume treat pink like amber tho.. Hell I'm just some clown tho lol

happylittle

happylittle

On my Sunburst, they seem to grow with color on 30 percent or so from almost the begining (or at least from when i start looking thru the microscope at them). And all the other trichs are still clear.
for now i just go by when the clear go fully cloudy
thanks

Calixylon

Calixylon

The purple frostbyte I gre immeadietly dyed the water when I made bubble with a deep purple pink color. The dyes from plant also color some of the trichomes I think that the purple from the plant also causes the coloration of the heads. I made a Qwiso with the trim and my second long run made a deep purple oil that was sweet.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Sorry last response was from my phone. I kind of think that the purple in the purple plants is from an excess of sugars, maybe not but whenever i make qwiso for cooking and let it sit overnight the resulting sludge isnt usually filled with as much sugar as when i make it with purple varieties. Not plants that have turned purple but plants that straight up grow purple.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
Sweetgod has been the only plant I've grown, that made tichs like that.. wished ivstill had her just to look at. She was a sexy girl. Had the soft pink pheno also

happylittle

happylittle

Sorry last response was from my phone. I kind of think that the purple in the purple plants is from an excess of sugars, maybe not but whenever i make qwiso for cooking and let it sit overnight the resulting sludge isnt usually filled with as much sugar as when i make it with purple varieties. Not plants that have turned purple but plants that straight up grow purple.
Good observation. Im going to have to compare brix levels on my next round as they get closer to harvest Just to take a look at this.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Definetly report your findings please, i havent searched it at all but it sort of makes sense. Most purple strains are "grapey" and seem to have a higher brix level then a green bud. That purple cooking oil i made actually had a slightly grapey smell, and tasted like super unrefined molasses with a lot more acididy due to all the cannabanoids, chlorophylls and other plant sugars.

I just have never seen such a sweet oil from any other varieties besides "purps"

alaskind

alaskind

Salvador, (Trainwreck X Purple snowman) which is from Purple Elephant genes, will throw pink/purple trichs...

Top Bottom