Pipecarver & SpiderFarmer's New G3000 over Auto Pots in a 3'x3'

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bgsixxx

April 22
Todays a nice cool clear Spring day, there's a light showing at the end of the tunnel.

My girls in my 3x3 under the G3000 are doing very nice I just turned it to 60% from 55%....slow adjustments, I'll check before lights out & early tomorrow to see if there's any downward turn on the leaves from the light.

The Quebec Blue although shorter than the rest has some beautiful leaves on her. I pulled this lower fan leaf because it was rubbing against the door and not getting any light. it looks like they're all fem, I was worried about the Sour D but she's got no balls 10 days in flower. The Do si Do and Quebec Blast have stretched out nicely and if that's it for them I'm happy, I think I can keep the light on the hangers.

I screwed up 2 days ago watering when I should have fed my girls in the 5x5. A bit more yellowing in the leaves because of it. I need to read my grow diary and not rely on memory.....

My revegged auto is still doing great, I keep pulling off the larger inner leaves and bending her over daily but she just keeps standing up....another month+ before I can flip her.

I'm going to be out of room in veg again real soon. with my reveg 4 clones from the girls in the 5x5 and my cuts off the girls in my 3x3 all living my space will be overgrown again shortly. They look all cute and happy when they're young but when they start to take over things can get ugly fast if they don't get the light and space they need
Wish i had your problems, instead of mines!!! Hermies!!! Man your plants are beautiful. Im following this all the way. And i might steal some of your techniques and strategies, so dont be surprised or pissed if you see them in my thread!!! 😂

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Wish i had your problems, instead of mines!!! Hermies!!! Man your plants are beautiful. Im following this all the way. And i might steal some of your techniques and strategies, so dont be surprised or pissed if you see them in my thread!!! 😂
Thanks, I'm more of a stoner grower than a grower stoner....meaning fk ups are part of my cycle....It keeps things from getting old....learning the same thing over and over again...lol.......read notes...don't rely on memory should be tattooed on my forehead ........backwards of course so I could read it in the mirror.......

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thanks, I'm more of a stoner grower than a grower stoner....meaning fk ups are part of my cycle....It keeps things from getting old....learning the same thing over and over again...lol.......read notes...don't rely on memory should be tattooed on my forehead ........backwards of course so I could read it in the mirror.......
April 24,
My revegged auto a Jamaican/ Gsc 4 1/2 months old and pictures don't do it justice...It'll be another month plus before I can flip her. I had to cut the 3 gallon pot off to transplant her into a 5 gal fabric pot.....1st pic she's in the bottle still Dec 27
2nd pic Jan 3.....pic 3 & 4 last night

IMG 2432
IMG 3132
IMG 4932
IMG 4938
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
April 24,
My revegged auto a Jamaican/ Gsc 4 1/2 months old and pictures don't do it justice...It'll be another month plus before I can flip her. I had to cut the 3 gallon pot off to transplant her into a 5 gal fabric pot.....1st pic she's in the bottle still Dec 27
2nd pic Jan 3.....pic 3 & 4 last night
April 26
Its been 13 days since I flipped the girls in the Auto pots and 3 of 4 have small buds, the Quebec Blue is a bit behind. I have the G3000 light at 60% and my plants are creeping to within 18" so I'll have to lift the light off the hangers and attach it to the cross bar with zip ties.

Everything seems to be growing well. I added 3 gal of 5/5/8/2.5/ gal and ph'd it to 6.5. I'll start to add cal/mag week 3 - finish. I'm seeing some residue on the bottom of the tank and wire that go to the circulating pump. I'm not going to worry about it for now. I'll probably clean it again when I up the feed the next time.

My 5x5 is surviving me despite neglect. I've a lot more faded leaves than I should have because I watered instead of feeding last week and I've twice now let them go 5 days between watering/feeding when 4 days is or should have been max between. I pulled a lot of leaves off today that were cluttering up the flow of air through the plants and generally looking ugly. There's a lot of sticky on them plants, my hands were coated stopping picture taking with my new camera. No before and after just before

I've had this idea of a better spread of the water over my pots so I cut a hole to fit the stalk and drilled multiple holes in all the low drip catchers.....Dollar store trays I cut 1 if it doesn't work I can use the others as designed. Depending on how it works I may screw small legs on the trays to keep it elevated off the soil.

IMG 4947
IMG 4948
IMG 4949
IMG 4952
IMG 4954
IMG 4957
IMG 4960
IMG 4962
IMG 4964
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
April 26
Its been 13 days since I flipped the girls in the Auto pots and 3 of 4 have small buds, the Quebec Blue is a bit behind. I have the G3000 light at 60% and my plants are creeping to within 18" so I'll have to lift the light off the hangers and attach it to the cross bar with zip ties.

Everything seems to be growing well. I added 3 gal of 5/5/8/2.5/ gal and ph'd it to 6.5. I'll start to add cal/mag week 3 - finish. I'm seeing some residue on the bottom of the tank and wire that go to the circulating pump. I'm not going to worry about it for now. I'll probably clean it again when I up the feed the next time.

My 5x5 is surviving me despite neglect. I've a lot more faded leaves than I should have because I watered instead of feeding last week and I've twice now let them go 5 days between watering/feeding when 4 days is or should have been max between. I pulled a lot of leaves off today that were cluttering up the flow of air through the plants and generally looking ugly. There's a lot of sticky on them plants, my hands were coated stopping picture taking with my new camera. No before and after just before

I've had this idea of a better spread of the water over my pots so I cut a hole to fit the stalk and drilled multiple holes in all the low drip catchers.....Dollar store trays I cut 1 if it doesn't work I can use the others as designed. Depending on how it works I may screw small legs on the trays to keep it elevated off the soil.
April 29,
Everything is going well, no extra troubles this week. I'm still getting a reaction with something in my reservoir. I can see a brownish build up on the wire that feeds my circulating pump & when I add my mix to the reservoir I stir it up and fine particles are swirling around in the tank. They all settle and the tank clears in minutes hmmmm???. I'm going to send an email to GH, its their product & see if they have any answers.

The girls are doing great far more stretch than I was hoping for but the bud production so early is impressive, specially the Quebec Blast, its leading the way in the number of buds and the size. I fed them 3 more gallons of 5/5/10/1/3 tsp Kool Bloom / 5 ml Diamond Nectar/ gal.

My 5x5 girls are at 6.5 weeks in flower and most leaves have yellowed up on me from under feeding, they went almost 2 weeks with water only.....ya....okay Go Blue Jays......For some reason 1 plant seems un affected and her leaves are still a nice coloured green, I think it's an AK.

My revegged auto is still thriving she's now in a 5 gal pot and she's going to max out her space real soon. With all of my other clones now growing exponentially I'm going to run out of room again real quick.

IMG 4968
IMG 4970
IMG 4971
IMG 4972
IMG 4973
IMG 4974
IMG 4976
IMG 4978
IMG 4980
IMG 4981
IMG 4983
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Have you had time to form an opinion on the dollar store trays? Two weeks? Lol!
ya I put one on and watered yesterday. It works well but I put too many holes in each of the little water wells in the tray. It drained through a bit too fast so I think 1 or 2 holes in each of the little wells should do it, I'd drilled 5-6 holes so there wasn't enough water build up to spread across the tray evenly.

Even though it didn't work 100% it still spread the water out better than just out the end of the hose.......test 2 should work better........The water lines to the plants in the back work perfect, it works so well I might add another for the front plants. It makes water/feed so much easier.

I've been storing my water in 1 gal jugs...what a pain in the ass, I was going to get a 45 gal drum to hold it but I can figure out how I could use my stored water and still have stored water...3 gallon jugs are what I'm going to now. I have 5.. I need 10 more. 5 gets rid of 15 single gallon jugs that are all over the place. I have 40+ stored & or empty cluttering up my grow room.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yeah, that’s a heap of jugs!
My well water is real cold right out of the tap and it takes a few days to air off and warm up to house temp so I need a back up supply. I'll get all 40 filled and ready to use then going through 8-10 at a time I end up with single jugs falling over and getting in the way and just a real pain to fill store and deal with constantly.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Looking good man! Do you know what diodes they use on this G3000? On Amazon it only said “high efficiency diodes”
I wasn't sure so google says

The Spider Farmer G3000 LED grow light boasts a unique bar and uni elongated design, provide coverage throughout the entire cultivation area. With 896 Bridgelux diodes, the G3000 can generate 300 watts of power and achieve an impressive PPE of 2.75umol/ J. It covers a 3×3 feet area, promoting optimal plant growth.

It has a better dimmer switch than the SE3000. and it clips together in just a few minutes.I think the light color is different too, it seems a bit whiter than the SE,,,,through my old eyes any ways.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I wasn't sure so google says

The Spider Farmer G3000 LED grow light boasts a unique bar and uni elongated design, provide coverage throughout the entire cultivation area. With 896 Bridgelux diodes, the G3000 can generate 300 watts of power and achieve an impressive PPE of 2.75umol/ J. It covers a 3×3 feet area, promoting optimal plant growth.

It has a better dimmer switch than the SE3000. and it clips together in just a few minutes.I think the light color is different too, it seems a bit whiter than the SE,,,,through my old eyes any ways.
May 3
Everything is humming along without any hiccups since my last update. I received the GH Cal/mag yesterday and I put it to work immediately. I added 12 ml to the tank I thought had approx 3 gal stil in it. The Sour D has a nice spread over the back right quarter of the tent with pretty early buds. They are all out showing their stuff now and all the leaves are a nice green.

I'm having a hard time keeping the humidity down, with the door open in my basement that is at 50% with Dehue running the tent is at 60% and 72.5f.....when I close up the tent and I've my extractor fan on high it gets to 76.9f at 70%.....I guess the door stays open..

My 5 x 5 is at 7 weeks now and a rather dull looking bunch of leaves on them. I fed them today 5/5/10/1/4tspMonster Bloom/ 1 ml Flurolicious / 5 ml Cal/ mag giving me a ppm around 1100 and ph 6.3...I fed 1 gal to each of my 3 gal pots.

I added plates to all of the back plant to spread the feed water out away from the base of the plant and although the water only reaches 3 -4 of the dips in the trays it spreads the liquid a bit better.

My revegged auto is gaining in height after trans planting into a 5 gal pot. I'll have to re adjust my lighting to suit her better. I fed her a full feed of 5/5/5/ 2 days ago. I'd really like to flip her but no where for her to go yet.

Clones are coming along as well they all need a feed today I'll give them 3/3/3/1 of my GH 3 part & Flurolicious Plus.

IMG 4984
IMG 4988
IMG 4990
IMG 4993
IMG 4994
IMG 4997
IMG 4998
IMG 5007
IMG 5008
IMG 5009
kuwl

kuwl

May 3
Everything is humming along without any hiccups since my last update. I received the GH Cal/mag yesterday and I put it to work immediately. I added 12 ml to the tank I thought had approx 3 gal stil in it. The Sour D has a nice spread over the back right quarter of the tent with pretty early buds. They are all out showing their stuff now and all the leaves are a nice green.

I'm having a hard time keeping the humidity down, with the door open in my basement that is at 50% with Dehue running the tent is at 60% and 72.5f.....when I close up the tent and I've my extractor fan on high it gets to 76.9f at 70%.....I guess the door stays open..

My 5 x 5 is at 7 weeks now and a rather dull looking bunch of leaves on them. I fed them today 5/5/10/1/4tspMonster Bloom/ 1 ml Flurolicious / 5 ml Cal/ mag giving me a ppm around 1100 and ph 6.3...I fed 1 gal to each of my 3 gal pots.

I added plates to all of the back plant to spread the feed water out away from the base of the plant and although the water only reaches 3 -4 of the dips in the trays it spreads the liquid a bit better.

My revegged auto is gaining in height after trans planting into a 5 gal pot. I'll have to re adjust my lighting to suit her better. I fed her a full feed of 5/5/5/ 2 days ago. I'd really like to flip her but no where for her to go yet.

Clones are coming along as well they all need a feed today I'll give them 3/3/3/1 of my GH 3 part & Flurolicious Plus.
Beautiful work PipeCarver, They all look really good.
I guess the only thing you can do for that high hummy is to get max air flow in the tent.
The wind in the tent should help to not allow any mold.
I get some high hummy but only after I water the one plant and it goes down fast.
I got one oc fan blowing on top and one bigger 8" Occilating fan on the floor of the tent.
It's that time of year when hummy is high.
Looks like you have a good grip on things and the plants are gorgeous.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Beautiful work PipeCarver, They all look really good.
I guess the only thing you can do for that high hummy is to get max air flow in the tent.
The wind in the tent should help to not allow any mold.
I get some high hummy but only after I water the one plant and it goes down fast.
I got one oc fan blowing on top and one bigger 8" Occilating fan on the floor of the tent.
It's that time of year when hummy is high.
Looks like you have a good grip on things and the plants are gorgeous.
I'm not too worried about mold, I've real good air movement with 2 fans and now with the door open its an open air grow.....The pots soil being damp all the time and water in the bottom of the pots are the source of the added humidity....As I sit here at my desk 15 ft away its 49% 68f in the tent with the door open its 60% 72f

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I'm not too worried about mold, I've real good air movement with 2 fans and now with the door open its an open air grow.....The pots soil being damp all the time and water in the bottom of the pots are the source of the added humidity....As I sit here at my desk 15 ft away its 49% 68f in the tent with the door open its 60% 72f
Okay after I wrote this I looked in my tent to make sure there were no dead zones and I added another fan just to make sure. I don't have any clips that fit properly so I took off the base, tied a rope to it and hung it off the top Xbar on low. Another $4 Value Village small 6" fan that after cleaning looks brand new.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Okay after I wrote this I looked in my tent to make sure there were no dead zones and I added another fan just to make sure. I don't have any clips that fit properly so I took off the base, tied a rope to it and hung it off the top Xbar on low. Another $4 Value Village small 6" fan that after cleaning looks brand new.
May 4
I'm still getting something forming in the tank, I'm not sure if my circulation pump is strong enough to keep everything mixed. I added a small wave maker hoping between the 2 of them I'll get better circulation and mixing of the nute mixture.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
May 4
I'm still getting something forming in the tank, I'm not sure if my circulation pump is strong enough to keep everything mixed. I added a small wave maker hoping between the 2 of them I'll get better circulation and mixing of the nute mixture.
View attachment 1976323
May 7
Its a beautiful Spring day here in on the south shore of Nova Scotia, hi teens and no Black Flies yet...A nice day to get some work done...

My girls in the tent are 18 days from being flipped and the buds are big for their age. I think the Auto pots and this new G3000 are responsible. I'm getting good light without any burning and I have the tops from 11" to 22" away from the light set at 70%.

I'm feeding them bloom nutes already because the buds seem to have developed faster and I've a high ppm of 1,100 by feeding 5/5/10/ 1/3 tsp Kool Bloom dry/ 5 ml Diamond Nectar / 5ml Cal/mag / 1ml Hyclean / Gallon. I was a bit worried such a high ppm would burn my plants but they seem to be loving it. I'm not seeing any negative reaction from them so I'll keep feeding at this pace until I see a sign I need to change things up.

My 5x5 on the other hand isn't looking as nice at 8 weeks tomorrow. The lack of feed took a toll on my leaves and seems to have stalled bud growth. I was thinking 11 weeks for them to finish but that was if I had any healthy leaves to feed my plants.....I could use the space to flip my revegged Auto ASAP so I may have to pull them earlier than I wanted to...

My Revegged Jamaican / Gsc auto is out of control and she needs to be flipped and the rest need space to grow.

IMG 5011
IMG 5015
IMG 5018
IMG 5013
IMG 5017
IMG 5019
IMG 5025
IMG 5027
IMG 5030
IMG 5032
IMG 5034

Latest posts