PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sambapati

sambapati

This is the only plant to make it so far this year. Cherry Bomb, it's a small more delicate looking plant than the Bubba Kush I've grown with their big fat leaves but they grow up nicely and have a nice sweet smell to them. This lucky girl gets 12 hrs of outside daylight and 12 hrs of 1000 watt hps because my Veg room is temporarily my drying room.

In desperation I chopped 1 CB at 8 weeks, not quite ready but it was either that or go smokeless. Now I can let the girls I have left to ripen nicely without me pilfering from them.. I also chopped my Bubba kush after 8.5 weeks yesterday so in another few weeks the last of this grow will be done I hope, if these GC I have left will frost up , so far not many trichomes or smell to them.

I'm germinating about 20 more seeds 10 soaking directly onto paper towel and 10 soaking overnight with Spring water, I went all out with this facy water another $2.25 wasted if I have don't have success with these seeds. I'm hoping this time I can get at least 3 up and growing. My luck now will be having them all germinate and I hate throwing out healthy sprouts.
Put magnets under your germinating seeds and some aloe vera goo (free) on the paper. Use brown napkins not bleached paper towels. Score the seeds lightly with sandpaper in matchbox. Pray.

sambapati

sambapati

July 24 update Well it smokes well and taste fine, Chem dog taste not as strong as it could be but it does the job.
I've been neglecting my grow responsibilities, I've not fed them in weeks...water only.. no time to feed them. They've all dried out completely with leaves hanging at one time or another then I waterand they pop back up minus a few lower leaves.. They're healthy for the most part any ways., no bugs at least and I can start a feed cycle again.

Root bound at 4ft tall in 3 gallon pots with another 3 weeks before I can safely turn them (Too hot and humid for flowering) so I had to do a ( to me ) a drastic wash and bust up the root ball then put into larger 20 liter ( 5.3 US gallons) pots/ one in a 7 gallon.

I now have them in the large pots I hope I haven't done too much damage...we'll see in the coming days I guess.

With my new truck I've been picking up items I find & need on Kijiji ( a want ads and classified online site) in the free section Lumber, an old deck I salvaged , a pine armouir 8'x12'x 1,5' of finished pine, my truck was full of pine. Yesterday a old double wash tub that came in perfect today for my transplanting.

Now I can get my smaller plants into the 3 gallon pots, I'm thinking I might take a chance outdoors on 4 of them. I can build a small green house around them and shield the base from cold with the hay I have come fall.
MCgyver Award 2030

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
July 24 update Well it smokes well and taste fine, Chem dog taste not as strong as it could be but it does the job.
I've been neglecting my grow responsibilities, I've not fed them in weeks...water only.. no time to feed them. They've all dried out completely with leaves hanging at one time or another then I waterand they pop back up minus a few lower leaves.. They're healthy for the most part any ways., no bugs at least and I can start a feed cycle again.

Root bound at 4ft tall in 3 gallon pots with another 3 weeks before I can safely turn them (Too hot and humid for flowering) so I had to do a ( to me ) a drastic wash and bust up the root ball then put into larger 20 liter ( 5.3 US gallons) pots/ one in a 7 gallon.

I now have them in the large pots I hope I haven't done too much damage...we'll see in the coming days I guess.

With my new truck I've been picking up items I find & need on Kijiji ( a want ads and classified online site) in the free section Lumber, an old deck I salvaged , a pine armouir 8'x12'x 1,5' of finished pine, my truck was full of pine. Yesterday a old double wash tub that came in perfect today for my transplanting.

Now I can get my smaller plants into the 3 gallon pots, I'm thinking I might take a chance outdoors on 4 of them. I can build a small green house around them and shield the base from cold with the hay I have come fall.
I haven't been able to find the soil I use, ( GreenWorld VPW 30) it's sold out everywhere so I had to buy this Promix mycorrhizae bale. It only has 15-20% perlite and I'd like it at about 30% so I bought 2 small bags for $10 then I realized they weren't going to cut it, I returned them and bought a 4 cu/ft bag for $35 now I have enough for multiple grows.
😀😀

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Put magnets under your germinating seeds and some aloe vera goo (free) on the paper. Use brown napkins not bleached paper towels. Score the seeds lightly with sandpaper in matchbox. Pray.
Or don't use contaminated water to germinate seeds or water with.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I haven't been able to find the soil I use, ( GreenWorld VPW 30) it's sold out everywhere so I had to buy this Promix mycorrhizae bale. It only has 15-20% perlite and I'd like it at about 30% so I bought 2 small bags for $10 then I realized they weren't going to cut it, I returned them and bought a 4 cu/ft bag for $35 now I have enough for multiple grows.
😀😀
Good to see you back mr. Carver, I hope things work out for you, I've seen your talent at growing so I'm sure it will!

I personally am never going to run in the summer again, not worth it. Unfortunately it seems I say this every year 😕

sambapati

sambapati

Good to see you back mr. Carver, I hope things work out for you, I've seen your talent at growing so I'm sure it will!

I personally am never going to run in the summer again, not worth it. Unfortunately it seems I say this every year 😕
I will never do that again so close to the time when I said I wouldn't

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Many farmers think rainwater is good -- if you are in a remote area -- maybe. I would use RO or distilled only.
no it had to do with a water tank I was using to store water, the tank was full of black stuff coated on the sides and bottom, an accumulation of debris. Once I stopped using water from the tank everything grew fine...😀

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
no it had to do with a water tank I was using to store water, the tank was full of black stuff coated on the sides and bottom, an accumulation of debris. Once I stopped using water from the tank everything grew fine...😀
July 29...hot 29 C humidex puts it up to 39c 95% humidity. I got my hillbilly hay bale pool ready to go. The first attempt was a disaster, this time it holds water almost 3 ft deep with hay bale seats just so your bum gets wet. The water is so fking cold now I can't use it yet. It should warm up enough today to be able to dunk in it tonight.

I've put 4 plants out along side my pool, they were so badly bug infested and root bound I'm surprised they're looking as well as they do. I've hosed them off and sprayed them down a few times in the past couple of days. I'm going to spray wash them everyday until the mites are gone for good,

I transplanted my large plants into Prp mix Mycro ?/? + perlite... my before and after pics.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
July 29...hot 29 C humidex puts it up to 39c 95% humidity. I got my hillbilly hay bale pool ready to go. The first attempt was a disaster, this time it holds water almost 3 ft deep with hay bale seats just so your bum gets wet. The water is so fking cold now I can't use it yet. It should warm up enough today to be able to dunk in it tonight.

I've put 4 plants out along side my pool, they were so badly bug infested and root bound I'm surprised they're looking as well as they do. I've hosed them off and sprayed them down a few times in the past couple of days. I'm going to spray wash them everyday until the mites are gone for good,

I transplanted my large plants into Prp mix Mycro ?/? + perlite... my before and after pics.
Lots going on, I'm just now able to get back to my plants regularly. I've neglected them for a month at least. Spider mites have been hard to get rid of. I've moved everything to a new location, sprayed everything with bleach, washed all plants with heavy spraying of water then Dr. Bronners and oil extracts. The washing works but all I need to do is leave just ` of the fkers and the next week I'm infested again. I've ordered neem oil and hopefully it will be here this week.I'm not turning them until I'm clear of bugs.

I've separated my plants into 3 separate locations. to try and get rid of these fking critters and I've been spraying them down at dusk with heavy blasts of cold water. It seems to be working. I've cut off 90% of the damaged and worst infected leaves and all new growth looks good.

Now the good, The plants I still have under the t5's are now close to 5ft tall & 5 months old, they've been re-potted into larger pots and have recovered from the transplanting. I'm hoping I can turn them in another couple of weeks so I intend on doing a faux sexing by giving them 12 hrs of light for 4-5 days then back to 20 hrs for another 2 weeks then flip them for good by Sept 1st. The largest buds I've grown have come from doing this on plants I needed to sex. These came from clones so no sexing needed but I'd like to see what these 6 monsters will do.

We bought a new couch and I cut the fake suede off the old couch and lined my tubs top with it. We've been in my tub every day in this high heat. I love it when a plan comes together.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Lots going on, I'm just now able to get back to my plants regularly. I've neglected them for a month at least. Spider mites have been hard to get rid of. I've moved everything to a new location, sprayed everything with bleach, washed all plants with heavy spraying of water then Dr. Bronners and oil extracts. The washing works but all I need to do is leave just ` of the fkers and the next week I'm infested again. I've ordered neem oil and hopefully it will be here this week.I'm not turning them until I'm clear of bugs.

I've separated my plants into 3 separate locations. to try and get rid of these fking critters and I've been spraying them down at dusk with heavy blasts of cold water. It seems to be working. I've cut off 90% of the damaged and worst infected leaves and all new growth looks good.

Now the good, The plants I still have under the t5's are now close to 5ft tall & 5 months old, they've been re-potted into larger pots and have recovered from the transplanting. I'm hoping I can turn them in another couple of weeks so I intend on doing a faux sexing by giving them 12 hrs of light for 4-5 days then back to 20 hrs for another 2 weeks then flip them for good by Sept 1st. The largest buds I've grown have come from doing this on plants I needed to sex. These came from clones so no sexing needed but I'd like to see what these 6 monsters will do.

We bought a new couch and I cut the fake suede off the old couch and lined my tubs top with it. We've been in my tub every day in this high heat. I love it when a plan comes together.
Aug 16 update of sorts. It looks like I beat the spider mites, its been 5 days since the last spray with neem oil and I see no bugs, eggs or their poop. I'll hit the plants one more time tomorrow and I hope that does it for them.

I turned my indoor plants to 12/12... 5 days ago still under the t5's but other than showing sex there's not much action so I put up my 1000w hps. I was hoping to turn them back to veg but I don't see the point delaying flowering now. They didn't develop under the florescent's as I'd hoped I should have put them under my hps sooner. I'll call today day 1. I should have turned them under the hps but I was being cheap.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Aug 16 update of sorts. It looks like I beat the spider mites, its been 5 days since the last spray with neem oil and I see no bugs, eggs or their poop. I'll hit the plants one more time tomorrow and I hope that does it for them.

I turned my indoor plants to 12/12... 5 days ago still under the t5's but other than showing sex there's not much action so I put up my 1000w hps. I was hoping to turn them back to veg but I don't see the point delaying flowering now. They didn't develop under the florescent's as I'd hoped I should have put them under my hps sooner. I'll call today day 1. I should have turned them under the hps but I was being cheap.
This should be fun 5 1/2 ft tall at the turn inside lol not much on the bottom but there's 3+ ft of healthy plants ready to burst at the seams on the top.

2 sweet tooth 2 chocolope and 2 grand daddy purple ones a runt or should I say abused and maltreated survivour with battle scars.

Still no bugs today after just doing a thorough search .

Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
This should be fun 5 1/2 ft tall at the turn inside lol not much on the bottom but there's 3+ ft of healthy plants ready to burst at the seams on the top.

2 sweet tooth 2 chocolope and 2 grand daddy purple ones a runt or should I say abused and maltreated survivour with battle scars.

Still no bugs today after just doing a thorough search .
Aug 19 this is getting out of control, they're now taller than I am and they've just started to stretch out lol. I've never grown them indoors like this. I'm not sure what to do. I'm thinking of trying to grid it off with rope then bend them over and weave the branches through through the grid. Or just bend over and support some how.

I'm still thoroughly searching for mites daily but I've not seen one alive since my last bathing with neem oil at 8-9 ml per L sprayed on with a pressure washer 2L did 3 of my plants.

Out doors is doing real nice we've had a great summer and the damage and neglect from June - July has vanished. I'm in search of more soil to transplant up those I'll be bringing in before the start to turn. we're at 14 hrs of sunlight now + dawn and twilight, we're losing 3 minutes a day of light so by Sept 1 they've got to come in.

sambapati

sambapati

Aug 19 this is getting out of control, they're now taller than I am and they've just started to stretch out lol. I've never grown them indoors like this. I'm not sure what to do. I'm thinking of trying to grid it off with rope then bend them over and weave the branches through through the grid. Or just bend over and support some how.

I'm still thoroughly searching for mites daily but I've not seen one alive since my last bathing with neem oil at 8-9 ml per L sprayed on with a pressure washer 2L did 3 of my plants.

Out doors is doing real nice we've had a great summer and the damage and neglect from June - July has vanished. I'm in search of more soil to transplant up those I'll be bringing in before the start to turn. we're at 14 hrs of sunlight now + dawn and twilight, we're losing 3 minutes a day of light so by Sept 1 they've got to come in.
Good growing and keep it keeping on

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

Aug 22, due to privacy issues I had to act fast. The hay bale tub came down and a quick green house was put in place.....Don't laugh. it's made from some dead trees, para cord and the liner for my tub. No screws or nails just tied with para cord and held down with 2 stakes at either end and para cord ...tent like. I'm a bit concerned about the first wind it encounters. The dead wood is like balsa wood, very light and breakable, it will easily snap if we get a real blow but .......lol...... its up fer now

I was hoping to bring some of the small plants in and keep vegging them but they've already turned. I guess I'm going to have a few small plants going to bud and I'll be out of clones. I'm going to have to start all over again with seed.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Aug 22, due to privacy issues I had to act fast. The hay bale tub came down and a quick green house was put in place.....Don't laugh. it's made from some dead trees, para cord and the liner for my tub. No screws or nails just tied with para cord and held down with 2 stakes at either end and para cord ...tent like. I'm a bit concerned about the first wind it encounters. The dead wood is like balsa wood, very light and breakable, it will easily snap if we get a real blow but .......lol...... its up fer now

I was hoping to bring some of the small plants in and keep vegging them but they've already turned. I guess I'm going to have a few small plants going to bud and I'll be out of clones. I'm going to have to start all over again with seed.
4 - 7 ft tall and out of control

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
4 - 7 ft tall and out of control
I made a grid out of para cord tied to my panda plastic frames then bent over my 6 1/2 - 7 ft foot tall girls 2 Chocolope, 1 Sweet Tooth & 1 Grand Daddy Purple I left 1 Sweet Tooth standing tall.

Green house doing well I lost track of which is which but they're a combination of the above and a couple of Chem dog with 2 Afghan skunk (very identifiable ) short squat thick single stalk, tight sections and only 2 ft tall

sambapati

sambapati

I made a grid out of para cord tied to my panda plastic frames then bent over my 6 1/2 - 7 ft foot tall girls 2 Chocolope, 1 Sweet Tooth & 1 Grand Daddy Purple I left 1 Sweet Tooth standing tall.

Green house doing well I lost track of which is which but they're a combination of the above and a couple of Chem dog with 2 Afghan skunk (very identifiable ) short squat thick single stalk, tight sections and only 2 ft tall
All looking good ++ for out of the box solutions

Latest posts

Top Bottom