PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
In preparation for turning these plants into kief I rounded the edges of the scrapper to avoid it digging into the cloth bags and I made a paddle to turn the ice & water in the bags. I'm going to use my drill press on its lowest speed to spin the ice. I had originally planned to use a dowel attached to the paddle but after spinning the dowel and paddle it was obvious that wasn't going to work. It was spinning out of control with a flexible shaft flailing around like a loose hose smashing into everything within reach. I found this old bit from my grandfathers old tools and attached it to the paddle. A bit of epoxy to hold the bit in the place and it spins like a dream. I'll be able to lift and lower the paddle inside the bags as with the arm on my drill press.

I sentenced to Galiano Candy clones to the box of death a week ago. They are about 2 months old and still won't go back into veg. They seem to ooze spider mites, it doesn't matter how many times I kill them off a week later even after multiple sprays with a few different concoctions the fkers still thrive. The other plants around them didn't seem to be effected too bad. I've been able to control them but these 2 GC I've had it with. Out you go into the box of death. A few nights at 0 and 2-3 c will teach them a lesson. I watered them a couple days ago and they both still have live leaves lol. it's warming who, who knows maybe they'll survive lol
May 19 .3 days in the dark and I'm cutting 2 Galliano Candy
Next generation of either Chem Dog or Grand Daddy Purple I lost track
Next generation of either Sweet Tooth or Chocolope................I lost track
A Chem dog bent over after it got too tall for veg room
Chem dog next day after bending over now in flower room

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
May 19 .3 days in the dark and I'm cutting 2 Galliano Candy
Next generation of either Chem Dog or Grand Daddy Purple I lost track
Next generation of either Sweet Tooth or Chocolope................I lost track
A Chem dog bent over after it got too tall for veg room
Chem dog next day after bending over now in flower roomView attachment 974887View attachment 974888
another Chem dog clone ready to flip 1st pic all standing tall 2nd pic 15 minutes later after bending all the tall stalks down to the low stalk level.
2 small MC - Bubba & Cherry Bomb cross they/ve been under the 1000w hps without leaves for 3 days now 3 more days in the dark and I'll cut and hang, they're hermied of course, pretty all the same. Now that I know what these seeds can produce I'll let them grow a bit longer next time

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
another Chem dog clone ready to flip 1st pic all standing tall 2nd pic 15 minutes later after bending all the tall stalks down to the low stalk level.
2 small MC - Bubba & Cherry Bomb cross they/ve been under the 1000w hps without leaves for 3 days now 3 more days in the dark and I'll cut and hang, they're hermied of course, pretty all the same. Now that I know what these seeds can produce I'll let them grow a bit longer next time
I finely have my veg room uncluttered again. I've been able to move all the plants ready to turn into the flower room. These now will have 3+ more months to veg unless room becomes available in the flower room due to unforeseen circumstances. I don't think I'll be able to turn these until Sept due to high heat and humidity. I'm guessing these are going to be topped, bent, clipped, and whatever else I'll have to do to them to keep them down.

2 Chocolope - 2 Sweet Tooth _ 2 Grand Daddy Purple

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I finely have my veg room uncluttered again. I've been able to move all the plants ready to turn into the flower room. These now will have 3+ more months to veg unless room becomes available in the flower room due to unforeseen circumstances. I don't think I'll be able to turn these until Sept due to high heat and humidity. I'm guessing these are going to be topped, bent, clipped, and whatever else I'll have to do to them to keep them down.

2 Chocolope - 2 Sweet Tooth _ 2 Grand Daddy Purple
Yesterday morning before Lights on with 2 KC39 at 8.5 weeks ( one with leaves clipped) 1 Grand Daddy Purple at 5 weeks 1 Sweet Tooth at 1 week and 1 Chocolope at 5 weeks and 2 unseen under the light bent over Chem Dogs.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
hell yeah!!!! Are those the 4 bulb Durolux T5's from Amazon we were talking about the other day?

Cheers!!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
hell yeah!!!! Are those the 4 bulb Durolux T5's from Amazon we were talking about the other day?

Cheers!!
No that's a 6 tube light I paid less than the v4 tube light they're selling now
I bought this about a month ago. I had the one T5 I now have hanging as side lighting with 4 t8 lights. I used t8's because I have a store full of them that's now closed so I was pilfering lights and things but the t8's just don't cut it, they work and did for years but I needed an upgrade So I splurged on a new light.

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
No that's a 6 tube light I paid less than the v4 tube light they're selling now View attachment 975720I bought this about a month ago. I had the one T5 I now have hanging as side lighting with 4 t8 lights. I used t8's because I have a store full of them that's now closed so I was pilfering lights and things but the t8's just don't cut it, they work and did for years but I needed an upgrade So I splurged on a new light.

Right on! I ended up adding a third quantum board in my flowering tent so for the time being, my ts1000 will handle veg.

Cheers!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
May 24th Sweet Tooth 1 week into flower, I bent over most of the stretched out tops and branches to lower the canopy and spread her out more,
May 25 I transplanted 5 of 6 clones into 3 gallon pots this morning, they look like they grew a foot through the afternoon ( not really but in the bigger pots they look much larger)

They're going to be tough to keep under control over the next few months in veg. The Chocolope front left wants to out grow my room. The Grand Daddy purple in the small pot far right is the same age, she's just taking her time. She seems very healthy so I let her be until she needs an upgrade.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
May 25 I transplanted 5 of 6 clones into 3 gallon pots this morning, they look like they grew a foot through the afternoon ( not really but in the bigger pots they look much larger)

They're going to be tough to keep under control over the next few months in veg. The Chocolope front left wants to out grow my room. The Grand Daddy purple in the small pot far right is the same age, she's just taking her time. She seems very healthy so I let her be until she needs an upgrade.
I used about 6 oz of seeded bud and turned it into Kief. pics of 1st run and final run after 4 washes.
Sweet Tooth after 2 weeks in flower room

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I used about 6 oz of seeded bud and turned it into Kief. pics of 1st run and final run after 4 washes.
Sweet Tooth after 2 weeks in flower room
After the fun was over I froze what I harvested from the bags then I made a few Temple Balls with the 25 & 75 micron harvest. 3 balls + about 15 grams for eatables. The temple balls are not the hash of my youth. This stuff cooks like opium bubbling and boiling in a pipe. rather than a steady slow burn like incense. It's stickier than hash and doesn't crumble well when heated. It's a kick ass high, a lot more powerful than I was expecting. I finely found something that couch locks me. Although a rather costly high its sure a nice kick.

10w30

10w30

Supporter
That stuff is going to mess with your tolerence levels @PipeCarver . ! i had to go through withdrawal when consuming my low potency blue cheese. ive got a couple of those carts the kids are into these days, though i dont want to try a 80% thc cart and then go back to my 13.5% blue cheese lol
Glad you got use out of the bubble bags. i was looking at them on amazon and thought the bucket was included in bubble dude's advertisment.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
That stuff is going to mess with your tolerence levels @PipeCarver . ! i had to go through withdrawal when consuming my low potency blue cheese. ive got a couple of those carts the kids are into these days, though i dont want to try a 80% thc cart and then go back to my 13.5% blue cheese lol
Glad you got use out of the bubble bags. i was looking at them on amazon and thought the bucket was included in bubble dude's advertisment.
The bags work well but they send you a decal for your bucket instead of a bucket. A little misleading but being a bit over $35 Amazon gives free delivery without belonging to Prime. The other bags were under $35 so you'd either need another add on item or pay for shipping so a bit more money but a good quality product.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
The bags work well but they send you a decal for your bucket instead of a bucket. A little misleading but being a bit over $35 Amazon gives free delivery without belonging to Prime. The other bags were under $35 so you'd either need another add on item or pay for shipping so a bit more money but a good quality product.
I've done it again, my veg room is too crowded and I'm not sure where to go from here. I have to keep these vegging for another few months because of high heat and humidity through the summer months. In order to keep my grow going I need to keep these strains and plants alive until we've gone through August before I can turn them. Then I'll have too many too large to turn them all. Fk I might not be able to turn some of these until Nov - Dec.

This isn't going to work, lol, even just writing this down makes me realize I have a problem I've been ignoring, like some how it will all work out. Looks like I'll have to turn down my 1000W to 600w and continue vegging some of them in the flower room.

I had promised my wife she'd have a couple hundred dollars more this summer because the big light / fans dehu and such would be off for a while.......oops I'll have to break it to her slowly.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've done it again, my veg room is too crowded and I'm not sure where to go from here. I have to keep these vegging for another few months because of high heat and humidity through the summer months. In order to keep my grow going I need to keep these strains and plants alive until we've gone through August before I can turn them. Then I'll have too many too large to turn them all. Fk I might not be able to turn some of these until Nov - Dec.

This isn't going to work, lol, even just writing this down makes me realize I have a problem I've been ignoring, like some how it will all work out. Looks like I'll have to turn down my 1000W to 600w and continue vegging some of them in the flower room.

I had promised my wife she'd have a couple hundred dollars more this summer because the big light / fans dehu and such would be off for a while.......oops I'll have to break it to her slowly.
June 6 Sweet Tooth ..3 weeks today on 12/12, she's doing great. In another 10 days or so when 2 others are done I'll have more room to spread her out and it looks like she's going to need a lattice to hold her up. Born from seed March 1st I topped her close to 100 times just to see what she's do, so far I like

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
June 6 Sweet Tooth ..3 weeks today on 12/12, she's doing great. In another 10 days or so when 2 others are done I'll have more room to spread her out and it looks like she's going to need a lattice to hold her up. Born from seed March 1st I topped her close to 100 times just to see what she's do, so far I like
June 11, I've been having an ongoing problem with spider mites. I thought I was dealing with them but all of a sudden they were everywhere. I had to pull my Chocolope and Grand Daddy Purple a bit early because they were infested. Week 8 today and both show cloudy but not enough I'd like to have let them go another week.

I cut and washed all of the buds with peroxide - then lemon juice and baking soda and finely cold water. Lots of debris washing I had to skim off floating crap numerous times. I will now be adding washing to all future harvests. I hung to dry with oscillating fan for 2 hrs then turned off the fan.

Today I pulled all of my flowering plants out of the flower room took them outside and violently sprayed them down thoroughly with a strong fine mist then shook them off and did it again. Then let them dry outside, cloudy 17c light wind.

While my plants were drying I pulled all plant stands & fans out, swept and vacuumed then bleached the floors, panda plastic frames, curtains all stands and fans. I cleaned the reflector , lamp and everything I could spray. Then after a couple of hours I returned all plants to their place.

Yesterday while washing my buds one fell to the side and I missed it until I'd cleaned every thing up. I took my microscope to it and sure enough spider mites. Not wanting to throw it out I just washed it in cold water. I then checked and I had to search but I still found a couple of mites so I washed in cold water one more time and now the fkers are all gone. No lemon juice baking soda or peroxide but a good washing got rid eggs shit and the bugs. A light went off, I took them outside and sprayed them off twice today before returning them to a sterilized room, Tomorrow I'm spraying them with a concoction of essential oils and Dr.Bronners soap to try and kill off any remaining critters with my pressure washer.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
June 11, I've been having an ongoing problem with spider mites. I thought I was dealing with them but all of a sudden they were everywhere. I had to pull my Chocolope and Grand Daddy Purple a bit early because they were infested. Week 8 today and both show cloudy but not enough I'd like to have let them go another week.

I cut and washed all of the buds with peroxide - then lemon juice and baking soda and finely cold water. Lots of debris washing I had to skim off floating crap numerous times. I will now be adding washing to all future harvests. I hung to dry with oscillating fan for 2 hrs then turned off the fan.

Today I pulled all of my flowering plants out of the flower room took them outside and violently sprayed them down thoroughly with a strong fine mist then shook them off and did it again. Then let them dry outside, cloudy 17c light wind.

While my plants were drying I pulled all plant stands & fans out, swept and vacuumed then bleached the floors, panda plastic frames, curtains all stands and fans. I cleaned the reflector , lamp and everything I could spray. Then after a couple of hours I returned all plants to their place.

Yesterday while washing my buds one fell to the side and I missed it until I'd cleaned every thing up. I took my microscope to it and sure enough spider mites. Not wanting to throw it out I just washed it in cold water. I then checked and I had to search but I still found a couple of mites so I washed in cold water one more time and now the fkers are all gone. No lemon juice baking soda or peroxide but a good washing got rid eggs shit and the bugs. A light went off, I took them outside and sprayed them off twice today before returning them to a sterilized room, Tomorrow I'm spraying them with a concoction of essential oils and Dr.Bronners soap to try and kill off any remaining critters with my pressure washer.
June 23, Washing the buds is awesome, I love how they dried after the washing. The amount of debris I've been smoking in the past is gross. Once a washer always a washer. The pot smokes clean & smooth without the cough I was getting, its like WTF have I been smoking for so long, I missed that part of the growing and harvesting in my growing & harvesting education and it should be part of the process 100% of the time, at least in my grow where dust, dirt,hair, bugs & their shit has obviously ended up in my smoke in the past.
The Chocolope is now in my perpetual cycle, the smooth sweet taste, hard brown buds and high are unmatched in my line up, It has a lot to do with the washing but I washed the Grand Daddy Purple at the same time, it has a smooth smoke but it doesn't have the sweet taste of the Choc. I find now when I go for a smoke I'm going for it rather than anything else. I have some clones behind her but they're months from harvest, I'm going to have to slow down on it before its gone.

I've had to turn the clock around in my flower room. I like having the light on through the day to be able to work on plants at my leisure but the high heat has forced my to have lights on at night. 10:30pm - 10:30 am.The girls were in the dark for 27 hrs before I could complete the time readjustment. I still have to open the curtains to allow more airflow. 10:30 pm is for me too late to be working on the plants but I still have to open them. Then at 10:30 am I have to close it all up to prevent light leaks from my veg room that still has lights on. Awkward working on anything in the morning and dealing with plants too.

I was able to take a couple picks with lights off of my 4 remaining plants in flower. ( 1 more month)
I saw in the pick drooping plants at the back so I wastered otherwise I'd have let them sit another 10+ hrs in the dark 80f with no water before I noticed it, taking picks saved me a few leaves.lol

sportyridr

sportyridr

@PipeCarver @Beachwalker

Been pondering doing this bud washing, you convinced me.

Before I go on a search did you guys use or follow anyone's particular method??

My Cali Bay Dream is coming down this week sometime and I think I'll wash. Should be a cpl/3 oz on her.

Thank you!

Top Bottom