PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I transplant all autos with no issues ! Like ya said do it in a timely fashion and don’t beat the shit out of them ! Lol
June 11..... I transplanted the auto's into 3 gallon pots yesterday....they look great this morning....Still not seeing that shock I keep reading about. I kinda fked up my Gorilla clones by not transplanting sooner. They were all wrapped around the small solo cups and haven't done much since their transplant ( SHOCK ) lol I created that shock by not transplanting sooner, abusing them. I culled 6 to give me more space and I think the rest will survive. My little guy Qnight & I guess I built a squirrel house

100 5549
100 5550
100 5554
100 5556
100 5565
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
June 11..... I transplanted the auto's into 3 gallon pots yesterday....they look great this morning....Still not seeing that shock I keep reading about. I kinda fked up my Gorilla clones by not transplanting sooner. They were all wrapped around the small solo cups and haven't done much since their transplant ( SHOCK ) lol I created that shock by not transplanting sooner, abusing them. I culled 6 to give me more space and I think the rest will survive. My little guy Qnight & I guess I built a squirrel house
June 21 everything is running well Auto's are up a foot with nice big leaves. My clones are....iffy....they're still growing but stunted from being root bound & ignored. I've given them some nute's and I'm getting some growth now but they should be a foot or two tall and their still at 6-7 inches...I wasn't counting on them any ways but I hate to let viable plants die on me. My Gorilla are coming along...they look about 5 weeks into flower, seeing as I started flowering them on May 1st then back into veg for a week at 20/4 then back on 12/12 until another ballast issue forced them back into veg for another week at 20/4 and now about 4 weeks later they look great, I was worried about fking them up with all the odd hours but they look good considering.

I'm working on fencing in and connecting our cats condo to the wire reel and beyond into the trees & Ewok village.

100 5568
100 5570
100 5573
100 5574
100 5589
Rooke

Rooke

Heya carver!! Don’t beat yourself up about timing I’ve done the same with my outdoor it sucks but hey they’re not looking so bad from here! Colasvile!!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
June 21 everything is running well Auto's are up a foot with nice big leaves. My clones are....iffy....they're still growing but stunted from being root bound & ignored. I've given them some nute's and I'm getting some growth now but they should be a foot or two tall and their still at 6-7 inches...I wasn't counting on them any ways but I hate to let viable plants die on me. My Gorilla are coming along...they look about 5 weeks into flower, seeing as I started flowering them on May 1st then back into veg for a week at 20/4 then back on 12/12 until another ballast issue forced them back into veg for another week at 20/4 and now about 4 weeks later they look great, I was worried about fking them up with all the odd hours but they look good considering.

I'm working on fencing in and connecting our cats condo to the wire reel and beyond into the trees & Ewok village

I'm working on fencing in and connecting our cats condo to the wire reel and beyond into the trees & Ewok village.
June 26 Auto's growing tall with nice wide leaves. I put them in the flower room around 10am then back into veg room at 8pm. I might as well use the bright lights to veg under if its running any ways. Things get a bit cramped in the veg room for the night but they sure look fresh in the morning ready for more growth.

Flower room plants have had their last feed today, they're looking about 6-7 weeks into flower. I'll just give them water here on in.

100 5590
100 5593
100 5595
100 5596
100 5599
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
June 26 Auto's growing tall with nice wide leaves. I put them in the flower room around 10am then back into veg room at 8pm. I might as well use the bright lights to veg under if its running any ways. Things get a bit cramped in the veg room for the night but they sure look fresh in the morning ready for more growth.

Flower room plants have had their last feed today, they're looking about 6-7 weeks into flower. I'll just give them water here on in.
July 11. I cut my Gorilla runt early...I ran out of my last grow. I'm about 3-4 weeks late due to ballast issues the 1st of May.

My Auto's ( thanks to Moshman ) are growing well. 2 batches started a week apart in May and a couple of slow developing seeds are at 2 different levels. The first strong group is growing very tall quickly now. Transplant # 3 for one auto it will no doubt be a male but i want to watch it grow as big as i can get it. I'll have to get them all outside this week but they still haven't flipped yet around almost 7 weeks in veg.

My Gorilla's I still have 5 doing great and are just about done. I just cut 1 and I've another sitting in the dark..3 others still don't look ready so they'll get another week. When they're done I'll have to move my Auto's out side, right now they share the hps for 10 - 11 hrs/day.

100 5622
100 5624
100 5627
100 5633
100 5640
100 5647
100 5651
100 5657
100 5661
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
July 11. I cut my Gorilla runt early...I ran out of my last grow. I'm about 3-4 weeks late due to ballast issues the 1st of May.

My Auto's ( thanks to Moshman ) are growing well. 2 batches started a week apart in May and a couple of slow developing seeds are at 2 different levels. The first strong group is growing very tall quickly now. Transplant # 3 for one auto it will no doubt be a male but i want to watch it grow as big as i can get it. I'll have to get them all outside this week but they still haven't flipped yet around almost 7 weeks in veg.

My Gorilla's I still have 5 doing great and are just about done. I just cut 1 and I've another sitting in the dark..3 others still don't look ready so they'll get another week. When they're done I'll have to move my Auto's out side, right now they share the hps for 10 - 11 hrs/day.
July 25 Harvest done, dried and jarred. I cleared out my veg closet and hung my plants in there to dry, which means I had to flip everything I had vegging, ready or not. These plants I had vegging were supposed to be auto's but after 8 weeks & 7 weeks for 1/2 of them they still had not shown sex. I put them on 12 /12 and 5 days later my biggest and best were all males...fk...6 left. I put the males outside and I still have the fems under my 1000w hps.

Onto my next batch. I have some special seeds I got in a few buds that were gifted to me a while ago and I've been looking for an opportunity to check there viability and I got 5 out of 5 to pop. Jet Orange they're called and if I can get just 1 or 2 fems out of it I'll be a lucky man. A real nice citrus tasting smoke with a diesel kick.

I've also dropped 5 fem Bubble Bomb seeds into pre seeded water. I grabbed about 20 seeds from an old hermi seed batch I've been saving soaked them overnight in spring water. This morning I dumped the seeds and used that water for my Bubble Bomb seeds. I did that for the Jet Orange and got 5 out of 5 to pop. The seeds are supposed to release beneficial nutrients & enzymes into the water boosting the seeds tap roots growth out of the shell. So Far so good. I have thousands of seeds to waste. I get a chuckle out of disposing them into the green bin wrapped up in paper towel and pre soaked. Some will grow somewhere...I hope lol.

Bad pic but 1 is the harvest off 1 Gorilla plant with big buds in the large jar small in the shorter jar and eatable on the table.

2 Cheese Berry fems
5 Jet Orange seedlings
Males
Catio

100 5670
100 5690
100 5695
100 5688
100 5700
100 5702
100 5677
100 5678
100 5679
100 5684
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
July 25 Harvest done, dried and jarred. I cleared out my veg closet and hung my plants in there to dry, which means I had to flip everything I had vegging, ready or not. These plants I had vegging were supposed to be auto's but after 8 weeks & 7 weeks for 1/2 of them they still had not shown sex. I put them on 12 /12 and 5 days later my biggest and best were all males...fk...6 left. I put the males outside and I still have the fems under my 1000w hps.

Onto my next batch. I have some special seeds I got in a few buds that were gifted to me a while ago and I've been looking for an opportunity to check there viability and I got 5 out of 5 to pop. Jet Orange they're called and if I can get just 1 or 2 fems out of it I'll be a lucky man. A real nice citrus tasting smoke with a diesel kick.

I've also dropped 5 fem Bubble Bomb seeds into pre seeded water. I grabbed about 20 seeds from an old hermi seed batch I've been saving soaked them overnight in spring water. This morning I dumped the seeds and used that water for my Bubble Bomb seeds. I did that for the Jet Orange and got 5 out of 5 to pop. The seeds are supposed to release beneficial nutrients & enzymes into the water boosting the seeds tap roots growth out of the shell. So Far so good. I have thousands of seeds to waste. I get a chuckle out of disposing them into the green bin wrapped up in paper towel and pre soaked. Some will grow somewhere...I hope lol.

Bad pic but 1 is the harvest off 1 Gorilla plant with big buds in the large jar small in the shorter jar and eatable on the table.

2 Cheese Berry fems
5 Jet Orange seedlings
Males
Catio
July 28th..I've been working my ass off at the gym, lately I've upped my regime to the max reps I can do with light weights. This last week I'm pushing / pulling /lifting /curling / 5 other modes of moving over 40,000 lbs in 1hr 15 min. Today with equipment that makes you sit and pull a weight in a rowing position. I pulled 50lbs 300 times = 15,000 lbs the first set I did 151 pulls without stopping then 75 - 35 - 40 in about 10 minutes. Another piece I work on is a sitting bench press where in a leaning back position I push a weight, I started working my way up to around 90lbs 12 x 3 reps = 3,240 lbs. I now do 40 lbs 100 + 50 + 25 + 25 = 200 times = 8,000 lbs in Those are the only 2 pieces of equipment I work on that I can do extreme ( to me ) reps on where I seem to be able to push or pull just 1 more if I had to, hence the 151 pulls.

I doubt I could do 1/2 the work if I didn't smoke a good joint prior to my workout. The better the pot the better the workout. My new batch of Gorilla is real good with a nice taste and smell, I'm able to lose myself in the workout and focus on the work I'm doing, it may even help with pain relief during the work and why I can just keep doing reps even when it hurts.

I started this working out in Sept last year and every few months they've locked us out. Its now been around 6 weeks back and working hard every 2 days.I started light and slowly kept trying to increase the weights thinking that's how to do it. After 3 sets of 12 reps at heavy weights It hurts and is too hard for me to continue with 1 rep let alone 100 more. On the sitting bench press piece I had been doing around 90lbs @ 12 x 3 I dropped to 45lbs and I was able to do 100 x 45 lbs. I dropped to 40 lbs and today I push 200 times with 100 non stop.

This seems to be working for me now. Who knows what next week will bring.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
July 28th..I've been working my ass off at the gym, lately I've upped my regime to the max reps I can do with light weights. This last week I'm pushing / pulling /lifting /curling / 5 other modes of moving over 40,000 lbs in 1hr 15 min. Today with equipment that makes you sit and pull a weight in a rowing position. I pulled 50lbs 300 times = 15,000 lbs the first set I did 151 pulls without stopping then 75 - 35 - 40 in about 10 minutes. Another piece I work on is a sitting bench press where in a leaning back position I push a weight, I started working my way up to around 90lbs 12 x 3 reps = 3,240 lbs. I now do 40 lbs 100 + 50 + 25 + 25 = 200 times = 8,000 lbs in Those are the only 2 pieces of equipment I work on that I can do extreme ( to me ) reps on where I seem to be able to push or pull just 1 more if I had to, hence the 151 pulls.

I doubt I could do 1/2 the work if I didn't smoke a good joint prior to my workout. The better the pot the better the workout. My new batch of Gorilla is real good with a nice taste and smell, I'm able to lose myself in the workout and focus on the work I'm doing, it may even help with pain relief during the work and why I can just keep doing reps even when it hurts.

I started this working out in Sept last year and every few months they've locked us out. Its now been around 6 weeks back and working hard every 2 days.I started light and slowly kept trying to increase the weights thinking that's how to do it. After 3 sets of 12 reps at heavy weights It hurts and is too hard for me to continue with 1 rep let alone 100 more. On the sitting bench press piece I had been doing around 90lbs @ 12 x 3 I dropped to 45lbs and I was able to do 100 x 45 lbs. I dropped to 40 lbs and today I push 200 times with 100 non stop.

This seems to be working for me now. Who knows what next week will bring.
Aug 5 update, Feast or famine seems to be my grow style these days. The famine, I have 5 small Cheese Berry Auto's in about 3 weeks of flowering & with the volume of smoke I see available to me in 6-7 weeks there isn't going to be enough to last me until my next harvest.

Then the feast with 5 Jet Orange & 3 Bubble Bomb babies plus 6 Jamaican / Girl Scout Cookies & 4 Jamaican/ White Widow sprouts planted yesterday with all the seed head already off this morning.
I'll have to cull the males out of the J.O, the jam /gsc & jam / WW but the Bubble Bomb are fems I intend on cloning all of the J.O & Jam crosses to keep them running indefinitely.

I'd love to say that's it I don't need any more new strains I have what I need but with so much new fruit out there now I feel like a kid in a candy store these days and I want to try everything new & old lol

My sprouts in light box, tallest Jet Orange, next Bubble Bomb and just planted Jam/WW & Jam/GSC
Flowering room
Cheese Berry Auto 3 weeks into flower

100 5710
100 5712
100 5713
100 5714
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Aug 5 update, Feast or famine seems to be my grow style these days. The famine, I have 5 small Cheese Berry Auto's in about 3 weeks of flowering & with the volume of smoke I see available to me in 6-7 weeks there isn't going to be enough to last me until my next harvest.

Then the feast with 5 Jet Orange & 3 Bubble Bomb babies plus 6 Jamaican / Girl Scout Cookies & 4 Jamaican/ White Widow sprouts planted yesterday with all the seed head already off this morning.
I'll have to cull the males out of the J.O, the jam /gsc & jam / WW but the Bubble Bomb are fems I intend on cloning all of the J.O & Jam crosses to keep them running indefinitely.

I'd love to say that's it I don't need any more new strains I have what I need but with so much new fruit out there now I feel like a kid in a candy store these days and I want to try everything new & old lol

My sprouts in light box, tallest Jet Orange, next Bubble Bomb and just planted Jam/WW & Jam/GSC
Flowering room
Cheese Berry Auto 3 weeks into flower
Aug 14 Everything growing nicely I've transplanted The Bubble Bomb and the Jet Orange out of the solo cups into 3/4 gal pots. The Bubble Bomb are staying shorter than the Jet Orange & I believe by the way 1 J.O. is growing its a male but if my premonition is correct I'll have 4 fems. Still early
All 10 Jamaican crosses are up and growing. I fed them .5/.5/.5 Quart Micro/grow/bloom.

Now that all my plants are a couple of weeks old I'm putting them in the flower room through the day and back in their box for the rest of their hours. I tested it with 4 young plants first and in 1 day I could tell the difference between those I put under my 1000w hps for 10 hrs and those I didn't. They were bigger.

I had some Gorilla clones I'd neglected but were surviving outside I thought I'd bring them in to see if I could clean them up and grow to harvest. I checked them thoroughly or so I thought but After 2 days I noticed white spots and....Spider Mites arrrrrg. outside they went, ripped them out of their pots and tossed them into the fire pit. I cleaned and bleached everything twice. Nothing on my other plants I can see but I'm on it I'm looking closely daily now.

My flowering plants are small but smelling sweet and growing well. 2 I've under fed and I yellowed most of their leaves because of it but the buds are filling in okay so...we'll see how they do.

100 5717
100 5718
100 5719
100 5723
100 5726
100 5729
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Aug 14 Everything growing nicely I've transplanted The Bubble Bomb and the Jet Orange out of the solo cups into 3/4 gal pots. The Bubble Bomb are staying shorter than the Jet Orange & I believe by the way 1 J.O. is growing its a male but if my premonition is correct I'll have 4 fems. Still early
All 10 Jamaican crosses are up and growing. I fed them .5/.5/.5 Quart Micro/grow/bloom.

Now that all my plants are a couple of weeks old I'm putting them in the flower room through the day and back in their box for the rest of their hours. I tested it with 4 young plants first and in 1 day I could tell the difference between those I put under my 1000w hps for 10 hrs and those I didn't. They were bigger.

I had some Gorilla clones I'd neglected but were surviving outside I thought I'd bring them in to see if I could clean them up and grow to harvest. I checked them thoroughly or so I thought but After 2 days I noticed white spots and....Spider Mites arrrrrg. outside they went, ripped them out of their pots and tossed them into the fire pit. I cleaned and bleached everything twice. Nothing on my other plants I can see but I'm on it I'm looking closely daily now.

My flowering plants are small but smelling sweet and growing well. 2 I've under fed and I yellowed most of their leaves because of it but the buds are filling in okay so...we'll see how they do.
nice!

kuwl

kuwl

Looking great, beautiful plants and lot of em too!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Looking great, beautiful plants and lot of em too!
Feast or famine only 3 are sexed, I want to sex early to cull the males. I'll probably wait another 1.5 months then clone then sex.. I'd love a room full of them & that would be 9 max in flower. Even that is too many for me to manage properly. 6 large 3 month + vegging girls is fine. I had 18 in there last year all crowded and 5 were 6 -7 ft tall before they were flipped.3 were mothers a buddy gave me 2 of them were mine I'd vegged 5- 6 months ( I didn't want to flower in the basement through the hot summer ) 100% humidity at times fks big buds up bad with mold.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Feast or famine only 3 are sexed, I want to sex early to cull the males. I'll probably wait another 1.5 months then clone then sex.. I'd love a room full of them & that would be 9 max in flower. Even that is too many for me to manage properly. 6 large 3 month + vegging girls is fine. I had 18 in there last year all crowded and 5 were 6 -7 ft tall before they were flipped.3 were mothers a buddy gave me 2 of them were mine I'd vegged 5- 6 months ( I didn't want to flower in the basement through the hot summer ) 100% humidity at times fks big buds up bad with mold.

Aug 24 update This isn't the best flowering weather, indoor or out 100% humidity sucks.😒.

My vegging plants are doing great. I move them from the veg room to my flower room under the 1000w hps in the morning then back under t5's 10 hrs under the hps and 10 under t5's . I had to transplant most of the Jet Orange into larger pots I started in 16 oz solo cups then to 1/2 gallon now into 1.5 gallon. They'll end up in 5 gal once I have room.
My grow now is:
5 flowering Cheese Berry @ 5-6 weeks
3 fem Bubble Bomb 3 weeks from seed
4 Jamaican / White Widow...3 weeks from seed ..unsexed
6 Jam / Girl Scout Cookies 3 weeks from seed... unsexed
5 Jet Orange 1 month from seed.....unsexed 1 showed me signs of being male early by jumping out above the rest, Pretty sure its going to grow balls.

100 5730
100 5731
100 5738
100 5735
Last edited:
sportyridr

sportyridr

View attachment 1161075

Aug 24 update This isn't the best flowering weather, indoor or out 100% humidity sucks.😒.

My vegging plants are doing great. I move them from the veg room to my flower room under the 1000w hps in the morning then back under t5's 10 hrs under the hps and 10 under t5's . I had to transplant most of the Jet Orange into larger pots I started in 16 oz solo cups then to 1/2 gallon now into 1.5 gallon. They'll end up in 5 gal once I have room.
My grow now is:
5 flowering Cheese Berry @ 5-6 weeks
3 fem Bubble Bomb 3 weeks from seed
4 Jamaican / White Widow...3 weeks from seed ..unsexed
6 Jam / Girl Scout Cookies 3 weeks from seed... unsexed
5 Jet Orange 1 month from seed.....unsexed 1 showed me signs of being male early by jumping out above the rest, Pretty sure its going to grow balls.

Good luck, I am kinda happy that the four that I put out didn't make it for one reason or another including Deer, Heat, Wind & Rain...even struggling with my regular Vegetable garden...Cukes are all yellow/orange from the heat & rain, caged tomato plants are tied up straight as the wind blows em over, Peppers are a mess as well. Struggling to keep RH reasonable inside as well, just can't get away from it.

Currently restarting my canna for fall/winter/spring growing...last summer kicked my a$$ as well. I don't envy you having to deal with it all, hang in there good Sir!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Good luck, I am kinda happy that the four that I put out didn't make it for one reason or another including Deer, Heat, Wind & Rain...even struggling with my regular Vegetable garden...Cukes are all yellow/orange from the heat & rain, caged tomato plants are tied up straight as the wind blows em over, Peppers are a mess as well. Struggling to keep RH reasonable inside as well, just can't get away from it.

Currently restarting my canna for fall/winter/spring growing...last summer kicked my a$$ as well. I don't envy you having to deal with it all, hang in there good Sir!
The only thing we have growing well outdoors is Zucchini one plant I threw in the back where I dump my old soil is growing monsters and I hate Zucchini.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Most vegi's are better if you pick them when they're tiny, imo. Great looking buds.👍
I agree but we don't eat very much Zuc, my wife will but it's kinda gagable to me. The only way I like it is cut thin, heavily battered, lots of bread crumbs then deep fried crispy. Tempura style with less vegetable and dip, gotta have some dip to help slide the suckers down. 😁😁

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I agree but we don't eat very much Zuc, my wife will but it's kinda gagable to me. The only way I like it is cut thin, heavily battered, lots of bread crumbs then deep fried crispy. Tempura style with less vegetable and dip, gotta have some dip to help slide the suckers down. 😁😁
3 Bubble Bomb planted Aug 1
6 Jam/GSC planted Aug 5
4 Jam/WW planted Aug 5
4 Jet Orange planted July 24
1 small Cheese Berry Auto I didn't have space to put it in a larger pot.
1 Cheese Berry in a 3 gallon pot. almost 5 weeks in flower

100 5740
100 5742
100 5743
100 5746
100 5748
100 5749
100 5753
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
3 Bubble Bomb planted Aug 1
6 Jam/GSC planted Aug 5
4 Jam/WW planted Aug 5
4 Jet Orange planted July 24
1 small Cheese Berry Auto I didn't have space to put it in a larger pot.
1 Cheese Berry in a 3 gallon pot. almost 5 weeks in flower
I love the variety I have growing now. I've been smoking Gorilla for months now. I like it a lot, a great batch for me but I'm looking forward to something new.

These plants are rapidly taking up all my space. I have to get them sexed and cloned asap. I find it hard to guesstimate how many seeds will pop, how many will grow & how many males will there be? I found 5 seeds in some nice smoke..5 out of 5 popped. Great. but 3 could be male. I soaked 6 Jam/GSC & 4 Jam/WW all 10 popped...how many males? could be 6. I had some Bubble Bomb fem seeds I was able to get 3 growing . I've had some bad luck with reg seeds I had a 2 fems out of 7 plants in the past leaving me with 2 plants under a 1000w hps.

So I have 18 growing and I know for certain that at least 3 are fems leaving me with 15 unknown. I'm wanting to clone off these so I can have 100% fems next run. I'll need at least 2 cuttings off each plant to assure success with the cloning adding 30 more fking plants. If all 15 are fems I'm fked lol ...If all are male...I'll still have 3 nice plants. Most likely I'll get half and half and I'll be able to cull down to a reasonable amount. Optimally I'd like just 2 - J/GSC 2-J/ww - 2 Jet Orange & 3 Bubble Bomb...That I have space for in flower.

I'm not really bitching I'm just trying to figure out WTF happened. & where I went wrong lol....I have a hell of a time throwing out healthy sprouts,seeds & plants....I feel like my sardine can is going to expode under the pressure

Top Bottom