PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
3 of my Gorilla clones ready to go into flower, my new usb microscope & 1 of its pic's

100 5332
100 5335
Thumbnail Tue Apr 27 11 36 32
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Tonight one of my Gorilla twins gets 48 hrs of dark while her sister gets another 48hrs light. I want to see if there i any obvious difference in the 2 harvesting methods. 1st pics of G1 its getting the 48hrs black out period. Second pics G2 48 more hrs of light.

100 5361
100 5363
100 5364
100 5367
100 5372
100 5373
100 5349b
100 5350
100 5357
100 5358
100 5359
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Looking good! I finally got my last bunch going but had a 50-50 male/female ratio... and that was using 2 feminized seeds. The other seeds were all male sans one and I have no idea which is which anymore. I had a beutiful sativa that I was sure was a female until it grew a foot in 3 days during the stretch. *sigh* The remaining girls are enjoying the extra room, though.
I know it's been forever since I posted... my health is good, I just didn't have a lot to say and have been shying away from chat groups, etc.
It's good to be back!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Looking good! I finally got my last bunch going but had a 50-50 male/female ratio... and that was using 2 feminized seeds. The other seeds were all male sans one and I have no idea which is which anymore. I had a beutiful sativa that I was sure was a female until it grew a foot in 3 days during the stretch. *sigh* The remaining girls are enjoying the extra room, though.
I know it's been forever since I posted... my health is good, I just didn't have a lot to say and have been shying away from chat groups, etc.
It's good to be back!
Hi, Its good to hear back from you😀 I get it...I'm hot and cold in here as well, life sometimes catches up and I've no time or interest in computer related activities....Its been a log winter I'm just getting out of my winter hibernation mode. I can finely get outside regularly and do shit. When my plants are young and in veg its kind of boring taking pics and that but harvest time & the weeks leading up to it when the girls are blooming....well...that just kinda picks things up a bit...I start the cutting & washing of 2 tomorrow. fun times.😀😀

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
May 2nd update, My 2 Gorilla twins are done..I cut, washed and hung yesterday. More amber trich's in the plant I left in the dark for 60 hrs than the one I let have more light. I'm not sure what that is going to mean for taste yet. I was skeptical of the dark period making a difference but there is more blood red trich's / amber than the one I gave 48hrs more light.At least on the samples buds pics I took .

I transplant my 5 of 6 Gorilla clones into 5 gal pots, I still have to take enough cuttings off before I flip. I'd like to give them another week or 2 but it's already going to be July before they're done...Hot, humid & a bad time for big buds to be maturing. No options now though too late I may need a new tool lol...Air conditioner on my equipment list now.

I have 3 more Gorilla's trees to chop but after washing the first 2 plants I got very little debris ( I guess my attempt to improve cleanliness helped) I just trim these cut and hang them.

100 5376b
100 5378
100 5385
100 5395
100 5396
100 5398
100 5399
100 5401
100 5403
100 5404
100 5407
100 5412
Thumbnail Fri Apr 30 21 18 53
Thumbnail Sat May 01 19 55 38
Thumbnail Sat May 01 19 56 12
Thumbnail Sat May 01 20 00 43
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Do you generally notice a difference in teaste or anything between the washed and unwashed buds
It smokes and burns better, without a snap crackle pop I've had without washing. My environment isn't sterile ( I wish it was) so dust and other contaminants can end up on my plants..After the last wash of 2 there wasn't a lot of debris so I'm thinking I'll skip washing the last 3....but then again washing has always given me smoother smoke so fk I think I just talked myself into washing the last 3 now.....Gee's thanks....more work to do..🙃🙃😃😃

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

thanks , just out of curiosity I know guys used different methods of washing mind me asking what do you use in the buckets and at what ratio's Thanks

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Seconding the effectiveness of bud washing! I do a triple rinse of room temp water with baking soda, then 115 degree water, then ice water. The first gets the physical contaminants off, the second weakens the cellulose structure in the buds and leaves to pull out chlorophyll, the third ensures that the structure doesn't get more damaged than intended.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
thanks , just out of curiosity I know guys used different methods of washing mind me asking what do you use in the buckets and at what ratio's Thanks
I use 500ml peroxide & cold water in the 1st 5 gallon pot.........1 cup baking soda & 1plastic squeeze lemon and warmer water in the second then just cold water in the 3rd.....Dip and shake in the water 8-10 seconds - shake off before re-emerging in the second pot for 8-10 seconds - shake off excess water then dip stir and shake in the water. Then hang to dry with an osculating fan for 2-3 hrs until there is no water dripping off them...then dry normally

kevinfever

kevinfever

last fall was the first time i ever seen growers washing plants , how long have growers been doing this ? i would be afraid of washing trichomes off in cold water , interesting .

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
last fall was the first time i ever seen growers washing plants , how long have growers been doing this ? i would be afraid of washing trichomes off in cold water , interesting .
Rain doesn't wash them off does it?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I just picked it up last year as well, I had bugs ( mites at harvest ) washing cleaned them off, it'll also deals with powdery mildew on the leaves if its not too bad. Once a washer always a washer I've been told and I'll keep washing. It smokes great afterwards.

kevinfever

kevinfever

I just picked it up last year as well, I had bugs ( mites at harvest ) washing cleaned them off, it'll also deals with powdery mildew on the leaves if its not too bad. Once a washer always a washer I've been told and I'll keep washing. It smokes great afterwards.
i come from an era and an area where growing in corn fields was a huge thing and no one ever washed. im kind of surprised it didnt become a thing back then, i can understand with mites i had infestation once gross wish i had seen this long ago

Latest posts

Top Bottom