PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
kuwl

kuwl

I love the variety I have growing now. I've been smoking Gorilla for months now. I like it a lot, a great batch for me but I'm looking forward to something new.

These plants are rapidly taking up all my space. I have to get them sexed and cloned asap. I find it hard to guesstimate how many seeds will pop, how many will grow & how many males will there be? I found 5 seeds in some nice smoke..5 out of 5 popped. Great. but 3 could be male. I soaked 6 Jam/GSC & 4 Jam/WW all 10 popped...how many males? could be 6. I had some Bubble Bomb fem seeds I was able to get 3 growing . I've had some bad luck with reg seeds I had a 2 fems out of 7 plants in the past leaving me with 2 plants under a 1000w hps.

So I have 18 growing and I know for certain that at least 3 are fems leaving me with 15 unknown. I'm wanting to clone off these so I can have 100% fems next run. I'll need at least 2 cuttings off each plant to assure success with the cloning adding 30 more fking plants. If all 15 are fems I'm fked lol ...If all are male...I'll still have 3 nice plants. Most likely I'll get half and half and I'll be able to cull down to a reasonable amount. Optimally I'd like just 2 - J/GSC 2-J/ww - 2 Jet Orange & 3 Bubble Bomb...That I have space for in flower.

I'm not really bitching I'm just trying to figure out WTF happened. & where I went wrong lol....I have a hell of a time throwing out healthy sprouts,seeds & plants....I feel like my sardine can is going to expode under the pressure
My brain hurts just from reading your dilemma! But good one to have, lots of variety and it is the spice of life, right?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
My brain hurts just from reading your dilemma! But good one to have, lots of variety and it is the spice of life, right?
I think it might have something to do with the learning curve. I couldn't germinate well, I didn't get as many successful sprouts, even then some died from mistreatment and abuse. I didn't have a clue about humidity control?? Good air flow?? good light aerated soil? Light fertilization, 10% runoff, What the fk is this PH stuff... PPM ?? VPD? lol A stable environment? I think I've increased my success by learning a few things along way. I think this site & my fellow farmers deserves a lot of the credit to my successes. Now I just need to learn about moderation & less can be more lol.

kuwl

kuwl

I think it might have something to do with the learning curve. I couldn't germinate well, I didn't get as many successful sprouts, even then some died from mistreatment and abuse. I didn't have a clue about humidity control?? Good air flow?? good light aerated soil? Light fertilization, 10% runoff, What the fk is this PH stuff... PPM ?? VPD? lol A stable environment? I think I've increased my success by learning a few things along way. I think this site & my fellow farmers deserves a lot of the credit to my successes. Now I just need to learn about moderation & less can be more lol.
Ditto to what you just said ☺️ My mantra should be "Don't Panic!, it will be alright"

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Ditto to what you just said ☺️ My mantra should be "Don't Panic!, it will be alright"
It's getting iffy around here now, Too many that need transplanting upwards bad ! I just can't kill healthy growing plants and its getting tight, lol I'm going to have to make a decision soon. They're just about big enough now to take some cuttings maybe another week after I ( today - tomorrow ) top them all I should have some good off shoots to pluck. feast or famine growing.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
It's getting iffy around here now, Too many that need transplanting upwards bad ! I just can't kill healthy growing plants and its getting tight, lol I'm going to have to make a decision soon. They're just about big enough now to take some cuttings maybe another week after I ( today - tomorrow ) top them all I should have some good off shoots to pluck. feast or famine growing.
Sept 1st I was able to find a fellow grower that was able to take a few of my plants. Now that the pressure is off I transplanted everything I had left into 5 gallon pots until I ran out of soil and I finished with 2 in 3 gallon pots. Everything including those I'd just transplanted 7 days ago was root wrapped and in desperate need of large pots.

I topped a few more today and I'll be taking my clones tomorrow or next but soon lol.

I also turned the timer to 18 hrs in my flower room. I left all but 4 vegging plants in there with the flowering plants for this week. This gives me more room in my veg space for clones. I still haven't sexed them yet so I'll be able to regain space so all can fit in the flower room hopefully this next week when my flowering plants should be done....( if any of that makes sense.)

Jamaican / White Widow 1 month old
Jam / Girl Scout Cookies 1 month old
Bubble Bomb Fem ..........5 weeks
Jet Orange...................... 5 1/2 weeks old hanging after rough transplant
Jam / GSC ...topped...before and after
Jet Orange I had a suspicion was a male so I didn't transplant but I turned a week ago.....Bingo..Little Balls

100 5755
100 5757
100 5760
100 5761
100 5765
100 5766
100 5768
100 5772
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Sept 1st I was able to find a fellow grower that was able to take a few of my plants. Now that the pressure is off I transplanted everything I had left into 5 gallon pots until I ran out of soil and I finished with 2 in 3 gallon pots. Everything including those I'd just transplanted 7 days ago was root wrapped and in desperate need of large pots.

I topped a few more today and I'll be taking my clones tomorrow or next but soon lol.

I also turned the timer to 18 hrs in my flower room. I left all but 4 vegging plants in there with the flowering plants for this week. This gives me more room in my veg space for clones. I still haven't sexed them yet so I'll be able to regain space so all can fit in the flower room hopefully this next week when my flowering plants should be done....( if any of that makes sense.)

Jamaican / White Widow 1 month old
Jam / Girl Scout Cookies 1 month old
Bubble Bomb Fem ..........5 weeks
Jet Orange...................... 5 1/2 weeks old hanging after rough transplant
Jam / GSC ...topped...before and after
Jet Orange I had a suspicion was a male so I didn't transplant but I turned a week ago.....Bingo..Little Balls
Sept 3rd....Well there has been an oops....I had thought I was growing all photo's but there has been a mix up. Seeds that were labeled Jam/GSC look like they are GSC auto's I had just topped 2 of them ( not knowing they were auto's) and there were little balls on the 3rd WTF 18hrs light & balls? on tiny stunted ( no room to transplant ) 5 week old Photo's.

Oh well it looks like the 3 I have left ( 1 not topped ) will grow from here on out as auto's. I have taken some cuttings off these plants I think I'll see what happens to them for kicks.. It'll be interesting to see if they take and sprout into actual plants. At least I took them off the fems I have left.

100 5782
100 5784
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Sept 3rd....Well there has been an oops....I had thought I was growing all photo's but there has been a mix up. Seeds that were labeled Jam/GSC look like they are GSC auto's I had just topped 2 of them ( not knowing they were auto's) and there were little balls on the 3rd WTF 18hrs light & balls? on tiny stunted ( no room to transplant ) 5 week old Photo's.

Oh well it looks like the 3 I have left ( 1 not topped ) will grow from here on out as auto's. I have taken some cuttings off these plants I think I'll see what happens to them for kicks.. It'll be interesting to see if they take and sprout into actual plants. At least I took them off the fems I have left.
My clones at home
My jungle
One of the small Cheese Berry
Nice bud off it
7 weeks flower on Tuesday
all plants on 18hrs light

100 5787
100 5790
100 5793
100 5795
100 5796
100 5805
100 5800
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I've topped every Auto I have grown, less than 10 of em...cause I'm a rebel like that 😄 😎

Flower room looking nice!
With such short veg times there's not enough time for recovery. I doubt the 2 I topped will provide me with more smoke than the one I didn't. I think it will be 2 short funny looking buds on the top of each one I topped.

sportyridr

sportyridr

With such short veg times there's not enough time for recovery. I doubt the 2 I topped will provide me with more smoke than the one I didn't. I think it will be 2 short funny looking buds on the top of each one I topped.

yeah...never had any issue with recovery or 2 buds lol...I opt to test the bro science stuff all the time

from June 2021 of my journal...OG Kush Auto, 100ish days :) Cheers

20210604 083636

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
yeah...never had any issue with recovery or 2 buds lol...I opt to test the bro science stuff all the time

from June 2021 of my journal...OG Kush Auto, 100ish days :) Cheers

View attachment 1164867
The dozen or so auto's I've grown haven't come close to that. If you can do that with auto's I'm impressed. I've only run mine on 12/12, I'm thinking you kept them on 18 hrs at least through flowering. I'll check out your grow journal.

sportyridr

sportyridr

The dozen or so auto's I've grown haven't come close to that. If you can do that with auto's I'm impressed. I've only run mine on 12/12, I'm thinking you kept them on 18 hrs at least through flowering. I'll check out your grow journal.
Thank you but honestly I treat em just like a photo plant and they get the 12/12 after 3 to 4 weeks. I had a Northern Lights Auto in the grow prior to that I believe that did about the same. My light schedule is always 17/7 then 12/12.

It seems to me when I top them the go fairly insane with stems & shoots everywhere...they really are a bit of a mess to look at & deal with. I work a seed or two in here and there just to use up the seeds I have. I was gonna be an Auto only grower in my head when I started out, that soon changed 🙂

I'm hoping those ones you topped explode like mine seem to, really don't do much but lst & light defoliation.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thank you but honestly I treat em just like a photo plant and they get the 12/12 after 3 to 4 weeks. I had a Northern Lights Auto in the grow prior to that I believe that did about the same. My light schedule is always 17/7 then 12/12.

It seems to me when I top them the go fairly insane with stems & shoots everywhere...they really are a bit of a mess to look at & deal with. I work a seed or two in here and there just to use up the seeds I have. I was gonna be an Auto only grower in my head when I started out, that soon changed 🙂

I'm hoping those ones you topped explode like mine seem to, really don't do much but lst & light defoliation.
Well if I could get half of that off one I'd have to re-think auto's. I'm not a fan. I get more out of 5 photo's than 20 auto's without the extra work. I get more stick plants like one nice branch off a photo. I'm new to auto's, before I joined this site 2 years ago I'd never heard of them. I was underground and afraid to raise my head. to see what was out there.....lol...

PlumberSoCal2

PlumberSoCal2

Give me a year working these GDP x Dragon autos. That's almost 4 grows, 1 year and why I want to grow the autos😉

I hate having 8+ lbs to manicure, dry and cure. Pain. If I can grow 10-12 auto females every 3 months it would make my life simpler. Working on it.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Give me a year working these GDP x Dragon autos. That's almost 4 grows, 1 year and why I want to grow the autos😉

I hate having 8+ lbs to manicure, dry and cure. Pain. If I can grow 10-12 auto females every 3 months it would make my life simpler. Working on it.
Now that is defiantly a first world problem " I hate having 8+ lbs to manicure " lol I'd get over that pretty quick. I'd love to have 8+lbs plus to manicure lol I'm retired it would be like bitching about counting money. I could make a bunch of Bubble hash, Chocolates, Cookies,...I don't think I could smoke any more but I could cook up a storm...My wife doesn't smoke but will take eatables, she sleeps like a baby on it otherwise she's restless at night.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Now that is defiantly a first world problem " I hate having 8+ lbs to manicure " lol I'd get over that pretty quick. I'd love to have 8+lbs plus to manicure lol I'm retired it would be like bitching about counting money. I could make a bunch of Bubble hash, Chocolates, Cookies,...I don't think I could smoke any more but I could cook up a storm...My wife doesn't smoke but will take eatables, she sleeps like a baby on it otherwise she's restless at night.
Sept 11 update,
I'm having trouble keeping the humidity in check. 72% in the flower room with lights on and plants 8 weeks into flower. I doesn't look like its bothering them too much but its going to be tough drying them. I chopped 2 of the smaller Cheese Berry I'll let the others mature a bit more. One of the girls never made it out of the small pot. I didn't have room so it finished like a stick plant with a nice bud on top.

My clones are growing well I had to pop the lid off the dome it was just to wet and the soil soaked and not drying. A couple of cutting didn't make it but the rest look good.

I finely received the SF1000 it took 2 weeks to be delivered from Vancouver...shipping has taken a shit since last year it used to take 3 days tops. My crapentry is exposing it's self again. I ripped apart my veg room and rebuilt it with a new section for the new light. I doesn't matter if I measure or not one side won't fit and the other side needs more glue and panda plastic to cover my mistakes, it still looks like shit but it'll work.

I have too much space above the light if I use the hangers it comes with and I won't have room for my plants to grow. I think it will be better for me to put the light up as high as I can and raise the plants to get to the light they need and drop them as they grow.

100 5815
100 5813
100 5821
100 5823
100 5824
100 5826
100 5828
100 5829
sportyridr

sportyridr

Sept 11 update,
I'm having trouble keeping the humidity in check. 72% in the flower room with lights on and plants 8 weeks into flower. I doesn't look like its bothering them too much but its going to be tough drying them. I chopped 2 of the smaller Cheese Berry I'll let the others mature a bit more. One of the girls never made it out of the small pot. I didn't have room so it finished like a stick plant with a nice bud on top.

My clones are growing well I had to pop the lid off the dome it was just to wet and the soil soaked and not drying. A couple of cutting didn't make it but the rest look good.

I finely received the SF1000 it took 2 weeks to be delivered from Vancouver...shipping has taken a shit since last year it used to take 3 days tops. My crapentry is exposing it's self again. I ripped apart my veg room and rebuilt it with a new section for the new light. I doesn't matter if I measure or not one side won't fit and the other side needs more glue and panda plastic to cover my mistakes, it still looks like shit but it'll work.

I have too much space above the light if I use the hangers it comes with and I won't have room for my plants to grow. I think it will be better for me to put the light up as high as I can and raise the plants to get to the light they need and drop them as they grow.

I know what you mean about short spaces & the hangers. To gain 3 or 4 more inches I criss cross the hanger wires, if that isn't enuff I just remove the hangers

like this...I almost drilled holes in the cover of the corners but opted for this for now...I also have done the raise n lower all the plants as well...whatever works eh!

Light

Clones looking good!

Amazon now is 7 to 10 days shipping down here. Regular US mail...I won't even go there. "Hurry up and wait" should be the new logo!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I know what you mean about short spaces & the hangers. To gain 3 or 4 more inches I criss cross the hanger wires, if that isn't enuff I just remove the hangers

like this...I almost drilled holes in the cover of the corners but opted for this for now...I also have done the raise n lower all the plants as well...whatever works eh!

View attachment 1167493

Clones looking good!

Amazon now is 7 to 10 days shipping down here. Regular US mail...I won't even go there. "Hurry up and wait" should be the new logo!
Ya that'll work. It's just up there for a look see. I need to visualize and see it in place to get it right, I still have the power for a fan, humidifier and light to put in as well as some kind of door.

Wood doors make sealing it tricky as you can see by the black plastic wrap & duct tape I have around the posts, door edges and thin spots on the cupboard door. I used some fabric I'd ripped off an old couch ( faux suede ) with a plastic backing on it that I velcro'd to the frame of my seedling box, it works great but I don't have anything big enough to go over my new space's door. I'm going out later to see what I can find....cheap...or it'll be just like my other space with black plastic wrapping & a cupboard door.

Moshmen

Moshmen

View attachment 1167493

Clones looking good!

US government motto - “ hurry up and wait” I like it

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
US government motto - “ hurry up and wait” I like it
I read on another post about when it's time to smoke some say 4:20 is the first of the day. lol I wrote this for that post but it's someone else's promix post I would have blurted out my days routine so Ctrl - X and Ctrl - V

I wake, eat a couple of pills, eat breakfast then smoke 1 or 2 depending on the day usually 2. then its off to the jungle to deal with my plants for an hour or 2 then coffee, chess, coffee, chess, lunch, smoke 1 or 2, off to the gym, smoke 1 before going in. 1 - 1.5 hrs work out, smoke 1, drive home, smoke 2, work around the house for a bit, coffee smoke 1 before dinner, smoke 2 after dinner, plants, coffee, coffee, smoke 1-2 watch a movie...bed. That is my bi- daily routine ( every 2 days) my off gym days I smoke more. Boring I know but weez both in better health and spirit than we've been in a long time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom