PipeCarver's Nova Scotian grow den

• Thread starter PipeCarver
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Thats Bubble Bomb but its not pulled apart that's a small bud I yanked off when pulling off a leaf I didn't split the bud open that's as is out in the open....Real nice smoke too. I love these Bomb seeds. I have 1 surviving clone I gotta keep going...I fked up with the Cherry Bomb ( spider mites) and ha to start new. instead of a mother I'd just like to get a clone or 2 and flip cycle..lol....... but that's how your cherry bomb died idiot....You killed your clones...........Ooops I said that out loud?......ah well on we go........😁😁
Jan 9 after smoking a joint and rolling another I had a brain fart as a way for a revenue stream. Invent something everyone needs......Ah ha...A new way to make filters for smoking joints....Start with light sort piece of cardboard... cut 3/4" long x 1/4 " wide. With my patent pending cut to make my signature " C " in the center to block large foreign bits from being inhaled ......I'm expecting royalties around $0.01 per joint from my signature C design...Please send your monthly usage fee's to me here in the form of XBOX credits or Bit coin

100 6572
100 6573
100 6570
sportyridr

sportyridr

Thats Bubble Bomb but its not pulled apart that's a small bud I yanked off when pulling off a leaf I didn't split the bud open that's as is out in the open....Real nice smoke too. I love these Bomb seeds. I have 1 surviving clone I gotta keep going...I fked up with the Cherry Bomb ( spider mites) and ha to start new. instead of a mother I'd just like to get a clone or 2 and flip cycle..lol....... but that's how your cherry bomb died idiot....You killed your clones...........Ooops I said that out loud?......ah well on we go........😁😁

Always forward man

You still have a nice room full of Flower even with a few troubles along the way.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Always forward man

You still have a nice room full of Flower even with a few troubles along the way.
As long as I can get one fem clone to live per strain I'm happy. I'll only have 2 in flower shortly and I've moved the led into a corner about 2ft off each wall...As soon as these BB are done..couple days...I'l shut off the hps altogether and just keep the led space full....if & inevitably when I need more space I'll go to the reliable 1000w....

I'll have to expand in 6-8 weeks when my new seedlings mature so this new led will do nicely until then....who knows maybe I'll find another new light somewhere....😁 I'll build another small panda plastic frame to shrink the room to size. I'm a bit worried this light won't put out enough heat...

The hps is a hot one and now with lights on it barely touch 76f and its going to be - 15 - -20c the next few days....I'll stay with the hps until this cold snap is over.....With everything going well I don't need power outages or -20c temps....furnace runs just about non stop at those temps........Some people like fking winter....I'm not one of them.🥶🥶🥶

100 6553
sportyridr

sportyridr

As long as I can get one fem clone to live per strain I'm happy. I'll only have 2 in flower shortly and I've moved the led into a corner about 2ft off each wall...As soon as these BB are done..couple days...I'l shut off the hps altogether and just keep the led space full....if & inevitably when I need more space I'll go to the reliable 1000w....

I'll have to expand in 6-8 weeks when my new seedlings mature so this new led will do nicely until then....who knows maybe I'll find another new light somewhere....😁 I'll build another small panda plastic frame to shrink the room to size. I'm a bit worried this light won't put out enough heat...

The hps is a hot one and now with lights on it barely touch 76f and its going to be - 15 - -20c the next few days....I'll stay with the hps until this cold snap is over.....With everything going well I don't need power outages or -20c temps....furnace runs just about non stop at those temps........Some people like fking winter....I'm not one of them.🥶🥶🥶

Keep on the cloning, you will find your way. Took me a while but now I've got a pretty good success rate now so I'm happy with that. Have cuts of each of the current flowering plants just in case there's some real 🔥 🔥 in there.

Why don't you put together a post on how your cloning and maybe others can chime in with a few pointers, or on second hand it may cause more bs than needed with too many ideas? I've wanted to ask a million questions in my journal but there is no one to answer them as traffic is mostly Zero lol.

I am just changing my lights on for both flower tents on 2nd floor for 6pm to 6am because I don't want to plug in a heater. All they do is keep me awake at night wondering when the fire is going to start. So 1/2 my stuff on 1st floor is on days and 2nd floor is on nights hahah 😂. It's still not gonna be great but some better.

I spent the first 25 years of my life in Ontario, still in the snow/cold/crap in the NorthEast US some 30 years later. Checked our lottery tickets yesterday.................still not moving to tropical locale 🤣

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Keep on the cloning, you will find your way. Took me a while but now I've got a pretty good success rate now so I'm happy with that. Have cuts of each of the current flowering plants just in case there's some real 🔥 🔥 in there.

Why don't you put together a post on how your cloning and maybe others can chime in with a few pointers, or on second hand it may cause more bs than needed with too many ideas? I've wanted to ask a million questions in my journal but there is no one to answer them as traffic is mostly Zero lol.

I am just changing my lights on for both flower tents on 2nd floor for 6pm to 6am because I don't want to plug in a heater. All they do is keep me awake at night wondering when the fire is going to start. So 1/2 my stuff on 1st floor is on days and 2nd floor is on nights hahah 😂. It's still not gonna be great but some better.

I spent the first 25 years of my life in Ontario, still in the snow/cold/crap in the NorthEast US some 30 years later. Checked our lottery tickets yesterday.................still not moving to tropical locale 🤣
Its not my technique its my lack of care...I was taught 50 years ago how and methods have improved but I just cut at 45* scrape the lower inch, small diagonal cuts in the exposed stalk. dip in rooting hormone. put in soil with rooting hormone dropped in the hole first, cover in dome keep warm and moist. no bright lights until rooted usually 9 out of 10....but ignore for a few days, let them dry out,or keep them saturated in wet damp conditions, have the light on at 100% and the poor things just don't survive...lol

I'm now in the process of building a small bubble cloner..I've ordered the parts I need...not much to it..the foam collars a small aquarium pump, air stones and a small container with a snap on lid.....I have most of the stuff from my old aquarium, I'm just waiting on collars and new clean stones...I even have a small water heater that was useless in my 10 gallon tank but it'll be perfect for this cloner....I'll give that a try as soon as I have it built... I can take a few cuttings off my last Bubble Bomb still in veg

sportyridr

sportyridr

Its not my technique its my lack of care...I was taught 50 years ago how and methods have improved but I just cut at 45* scrape the lower inch, small diagonal cuts in the exposed stalk. dip in rooting hormone. put in soil with rooting hormone dropped in the hole first, cover in dome keep warm and moist. no bright lights until rooted usually 9 out of 10....but ignore for a few days, let them dry out,or keep them saturated in wet damp conditions, have the light on at 100% and the poor things just don't survive...lol

I'm now in the process of building a small bubble cloner..I've ordered the parts I need...not much to it..the foam collars a small aquarium pump, air stones and a small container with a snap on lid.....I have most of the stuff from my old aquarium, I'm just waiting on collars and new clean stones...I even have a small water heater that was useless in my 10 gallon tank but it'll be perfect for this cloner....I'll give that a try as soon as I have it built... I can take a few cuttings off my last Bubble Bomb still in veg

I keep a notepad beside me and write down reminders, ideas, notes from the farm etc etc...I also use the hell out of the calendar app on my cell for things like this...I would be in a mess sometimes without it between seeds/clones/veg & flower...I've got plants in all stages...alot of crap to remember so I need help and it's just a small grow lmao...short of asking someone to remind you 😂 🤣 (never works) or tying a string or rubber band to your finger IDK.

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

I've been lurking on the edges here for a while but I guess it's time I jumped in. Now that we're allowed to grow 4 plants, that's how many I'll be growing and trying to grow perpetually it's going to be a bitch to stay within those rules. I've been growing for years (I'm 67) with limited success, lots of issues, a lot of which I can contribute to a term I read here couch locked and no where I could get help openly when issues did arrive. I even avoided places like this with my not going to track me paranoia.

Okay on with the diary. I'm having a rough start to this next grow, I've had multiple seedling failures. I have a bunch of seeds from a few hermied Bubba Kushes I grew & 2 Cherry Bomb seeds I already had. I germinated the 2 Cherry Bomb and 6 BBK both CB & 4 BBK cracked I planted them when long enough in Pro mix (as per usual) both CB sprouted up but only BBK popped though and the others just sat there and eventually died as did 1 CB and the other BBK for some fkn reason. Okay I have more seeds I germinated 10 planted 4 none came up WTF now? So here I am with 1 Cherry Bomb plant growing nicely (pics coming) and no sisters to grow with her. I'm going for some Spring water like the seed companies recommend, I've been using my well water for years with no problems but WTFK's but I'll try some fancy store bought water I guess.

My last grow is just finishing off with great success ( for me any ways) I grew 2 Cherry Bomb,1 Bubba Kush and 3 mystery girls I got from seeds a friend from the west coast sent me, I've been calling Galiano candy popcorn but fk it I now proclaim it to be Galiano Candy lol like anybody cares.

The pics that follow are
1. Back door entrance into my den
2.From the door down into 15'x10' room with a 5'x6' work space / storage at the bottom of the steps. I only have 5' below the lights though. A room for short people, you'd be banging your head, with duct work its down below 5' in some areas of this room but it's up around the back and out of the way.
3. Flower room door open
4. Flower room 1000 watt hps
5.Veg room closed with plant calanders
6. Galiano Candy @ 5 weeks of flower
7. Close up of GC nice bud @ 5 weeks
8. Galiano Candy week 8
9 Galiano Candy week 8
10 Cherry Bomb and Galiano Candy
11.Bubba Kush week 8
8. Galiano Candy week 8
9.Galiano Candy week 8
10 .Bubba Kush 7 weeks
11. Galiano Candy
Dope area man I wish I had a space like that . Good stuff u got some fire there I see 5 thumbs up

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I keep a notepad beside me and write down reminders, ideas, notes from the farm etc etc...I also use the hell out of the calendar app on my cell for things like this...I would be in a mess sometimes without it between seeds/clones/veg & flower...I've got plants in all stages...alot of crap to remember so I need help and it's just a small grow lmao...short of asking someone to remind you 😂 🤣 (never works) or tying a string or rubber band to your finger IDK.
I have a computer in my room and upstairs I have a file on each plant strain & their # ...but I have to open each file to find out their history and needs....I don't always look at each file..its only when I see it in need I act....I transpose, I get lost...I feed 1 j/ph2 when I meant to water it and feed J/ph1 right next to it.....I smoke a lot....Its not my technique or skills its me....I tend to fk up a lot... pot helps me cope...lol....I need a sober clone....It would have done much better at school too....I could have been a star if I'd just listened to my parents & teachers.....Fk me now I'm depressed...time for another joint...😆😆😆
Dope area man I wish I had a space like that . Good stuff u got some fire there I see 5 thumbs up
Thanks for that, its been a while since I've been down there I kept banging my head on duct work & I'm only 5'6" tall. I moved to another work shop / basement with a 9' ceiling & 12'x12' flowering space and a couple of 3x3 x6' grow closets.. My flower room is behind the blackout curtains its a much nicer space but now I don't have a work shop. I can't create dust to blow all over the place.

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

I have a computer in my room and upstairs I have a file on each plant strain & their # ...but I have to open each file to find out their history and needs....I don't always look at each file..its only when I see it in need I act....I transpose, I get lost...I feed 1 j/ph2 when I meant to water it and feed J/ph1 right next to it.....I smoke a lot....Its not my technique or skills its me....I tend to fk up a lot... pot helps me cope...lol....I need a sober clone....It would have done much better at school too....I could have been a star if I'd just listened to my parents & teachers.....Fk me now I'm depressed...time for another joint...😆😆😆

Thanks for that, its been a while since I've been down there I kept banging my head on duct work & I'm only 5'6" tall. I moved to another work shop / basement with a 9' ceiling & 12'x12' flowering space and a couple of 3x3 x6' grow closets.. My flower room is behind the blackout curtains its a much nicer space but now I don't have a work shop. I can't create dust to blow all over the place.View attachment 1205090
Gotcha

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

Thanks for that, its been a while since I've been down there I kept banging my head on duct work & I'm only 5'6" tall. I moved to another work shop / basement with a 9' ceiling & 12'x12' flowering space and a couple of 3x3 x6' grow closets.. My flower room is behind the blackout curtains its a much nicer space but now I don't have a work shop. I can't create dust to blow all over the place.View attachment 1205090
Jan 12..The Bubble Bomb are ready but its too cold for the 2 Jam/Purple Haze to shut off the light and go led only. Another day or 2 won't hurt them,they're 10 weeks in flower Friday...

I built and/or repaired a couple of panda plastic panels today & hung the driver inside the space. I'll need as much heat as I can get from it and the lights. After this cold snap I'll move a table under the led put the other side panel to enclose the space & fire up the Se3000.to put these 2 girls under asap......

With me in the flower room the temp goes up a couple of degrees but after 2 hrs on this morning with my 1000w hps and mechanical ballast in the space running it was only 70f and 47%.

After all that work I had to sit and smoke a fatty...This Bubble Bomb is nice smoke...sweet bubble gum taste,smell & hard as a rock its now on my top 10 list.

100 6579
100 6581
100 6584
100 6587
100 6591
100 6593
Slickrick82

Slickrick82

Jan 12..The Bubble Bomb are ready but its too cold for the 2 Jam/Purple Haze to shut off the light and go led only. Another day or 2 won't hurt them,they're 10 weeks in flower Friday...

I built and/or repaired a couple of panda plastic panels today & hung the driver inside the space. I'll need as much heat as I can get from it and the lights. After this cold snap I'll move a table under the led put the other side panel to enclose the space & fire up the Se3000.to put these 2 girls under asap......

With me in the flower room the temp goes up a couple of degrees but after 2 hrs on this morning with my 1000w hps and mechanical ballast in the space running it was only 70f and 47%.

After all that work I had to sit and smoke a fatty...This Bubble Bomb is nice smoke...sweet bubble gum taste,smell & hard as a rock its now on my top 10 list.
To hiw u use them lights was looking at them yesterday I thinking doing a whole room set up

Slickrick82

Slickrick82

Question u even seen one of these or use one
Screenshot 20220111 115802 Amazon Shopping

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Question u even seen one of these or use one View attachment 1205786
I have no need for a filter we live in the country with only 1 neighbor. The house smells up nicely through flower but I smoke so much its hard to tell to between grow smell and smoke smell to the uninitiated. We have an inhouse ventilation system that spits it out the back side of the house.

sportyridr

sportyridr

Smoke looks nice!

What's your lights off temp?

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Smoke looks nice!

What's your lights off temp?
I'm not really sure how cold it gets, I have the house heat at 67f overnight & they're 8 ft from the furnace but that corner is cooler it might get as low as 65f before lights come on.... It brings out the color. I just worry about not going through water...bad things happen when the transpiration rate is off...It was -20c last night but it will be +2 tomorrow then back to -13 Sat Sun with + 3c Monday...so says our weather forecast.... those cold nights have the furnace going full blast with very little off time.

sportyridr

sportyridr

I'm not really sure how cold it gets, I have the house heat at 67f overnight & they're 8 ft from the furnace but that corner is cooler it might get as low as 65f before lights come on.... It brings out the color. I just worry about not going through water...bad things happen when the transpiration rate is off...It was -20c last night but it will be +2 tomorrow then back to -13 Sat Sun with + 3c Monday...so says our weather forecast.... those cold nights have the furnace going full blast with very little off time.

I was getting to 15 to 17c at night so I made the lights off/on change. I've gained about 4 or 5 degrees during lights off. Takes my worry away about them not feeding and having phosphorous issues from the cold.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I was getting to 15 to 17c at night so I made the lights off/on change. I've gained about 4 or 5 degrees during lights off. Takes my worry away about them not feeding and having phosphorous issues from the cold.
I hate having my lights on when I'm sleeping...I can't tend on them or be in my workshop with lights on. I've tried and I end up neglecting them....I have mine on now 7:30 am - 7:30 pm...warmer longer months I go 6 am - 6 pm but the opposite hours just don't work for me...

sportyridr

sportyridr

I hate having my lights on when I'm sleeping...I can't tend on them or be in my workshop with lights on. I've tried and I end up neglecting them....I have mine on now 7:30 am - 7:30 pm...warmer longer months I go 6 am - 6 pm but the opposite hours just don't work for me...

I'm trying to adapt to the new hours 🙃

Latest posts

Top Bottom