Piranha & Tarantula from Advanced Nutrients, 2nd time grow, are they any good?

• Thread starter KushMaster707
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

KushMaster707

I am going to be starting my next indoor grow here soon and i am switching to 100% ORGANIC. I have been told that micronutrients(in this case Piranha & Tarantula from Advanced Nutrients) are very benficial to the production of fine cannabis. What i would like to know is if these products are worth their weight, what they can really do for me and if there is maybe a better product available.

KushMaster707

C

Cannabishop

I love my AN products. I use the whole line for my flower and veg and always smoke nice buds. I also always reduce their nutrient calculator amounts by at least half.

Currently I am using the 2 part grow/bloom with all the additives. I use medium concentration for flowering and reduce by 50%. I also reduce the veg and mother nutes by 50%.

If you want to run a test, buy a small amount of the piranha and tarantula and use it on 1/2 your grow. That will tell you all you need to know about its efficacy.

Peace,
Jimmy

L

LandraceQuest

Hi Kushmaster :damnhippie:

Do you know Mycomaxx from supergrow ?!?

A product which substitute very well to those 3 AN products...Tarantula , voodoo juice & piranha....

Mycomaxx from supergrow said:
MycoMaxx contains humic acids, organic fertilizer, 10 species of growth-enhancingnatural mycorrhizal fungi, 19 strains of beneficial bacteria, 2 trichoderma species, micronutrients, 11 types of time released carbohydrates and 20 different amino acids. MycoMAXX adds organic matter to the soil and contains nitrogen, phosphorous, potassium and micronutrients necessary for plant health. Mycorrhizal fungi increase the surface absorbing area of the roots from 10-10,000 times, thereby greatly improving the ability of plants to grow, fruit and flower by forming an intricate web that captures and assimilates nutrients and water for the plant. Working together, beneficial bacteria, mycorrhizae and trichoderma fungi expand into the surrounding soil to greatly increase the roots' ability to absorb and recycle water and nutrients, thus improving transplant success, flowering and plant health.

Supergrow Products

Cheerz

++

-LQ-

K

KushMaster707

Thanks for the info I think im gonna try both of them. How often am i gonna want to use these products durring flowering?

K

knowboddy

I'm a little skeptical of the "all-in-one magic bullet" products. I'd always been told you can't mix up fungi, bacteria and so forth on the shelf for very long at all before things start to go downhill.

That's the reason so many of the big nute companies keep each of those things separate. Otherwise they'd just be selling you bottles of dead microorganisms.

I can definitely say that the Advanced Nutrients stuff works wonders, though. I've been using it for awhile now and there's a really clear difference between plants that get Tarantula and Piranha and the ones that don't.

K

KushMaster707

thanks knowboddy. so your saying not to use piranha and tarantula in the same watering?

U

uwg13

Nahhh the whole point is to add them together. get the smallest pouch of both piranha and tranch.. its expensive....i forget but its a lot just for a pouch. add as directed i think you are suppose to add them both at the end and not mix between..so after adding the nutrients you normally add then you add piranha and tranch together and let them settle together. then mix a few minutes later i think.. read the directions i dont really remember.

the benefit is suppose to be that your roots are now absorbing nutrients they normally wouldn't have from the mycorrizae and bacillus? in my case my plants burned easier lol

good luck i would probably go with subculture, great white, etc just because it is much less expensive. I do believe the AN is "probably" the most effective but i really doubt I would notice much difference personally.

dont forget to add voodoo juice too only 100$ lol

S

surfershine

Anybody heard of GHBB Root Juice. For the money, I think its the best out there. I've used it in areo power cloner, rockwool starters, and soil. It's explosive, and works fast.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

I have never used Tarantula or Piranha, but have some experience with Great White. The Great White shows how well it works withing days of application. It also comes with a lower price tag than Tarantula and Piranha. Just a thought, putting another option out there, but I would like to see a test run with Tarantula and Piranha, I have thought about using them too.

G

Gromer

Pirahna and Tarantula are great products probably some of the best in ANs lineup.I wouldnt be caught growing without them.Are there other effective innoculants out there?Sure.Ive use GHs Subculture with great sucess.Plant Sucess is another great one that I always use at transplant and is very very inexpensive.But it all comes down to CFUs per gram and ANs are the highest to be found on the market.I myself would spring for em when you use em youll see where the extra money went.

S

sixpiece

First off, Piranha is OMRI listed, but Tarantula is not. Tarantula is a Bacillus, Paincillus, Pseudomona, etc.. supplement. If you look closely at the drawing, they show venom of a tarantula and that is precisely what it is. This is a toxin, a bacteria, that will change the DNA of your plant so that it contains an extra protein in the DNA helix structure of its cells, making it immune to bugs that would normally consume it, since it has the DNA of the higher in the chain organism inscribed into it.

Although by American standards OMRI, which are not opposed to GMO organisms, by European organic standards, Piranha and Tarantula are absolutely forbidden.

S

sixpiece

Just my concern is that these "inocculants" like tarantula first off are not certified organic and secondly how do we know that it is not mutating the dna from what it was ideally suppose to be? People complain about BT seeds from Monsanto. Bacillus thieurogenis how do we know what strains of Bacillus are in Tarantula? After all there is a photo of a tarantula's venom on its cover.

M

Motherhugger

So, really? We're arguing about a product and the picture it has on the beginning?

I think you all might be stoned. LOL

I think Tarantula is an awesome product. I don't use it a lot but when I do, I see the difference.

This info is good for those who don't already know.

PRODUCT TYPE: 100% Organic Root Booster/Plant Nutrition Support/Yield Booster

TARANTULA BENEFITS:
• Natural, More-fertile Root Zone
• Optimum Yields
• Maximum Growth
• Maximize Nutrient Uptake

GROWER EXPERIENCE LEVEL: Professional and Grand Master growers

WHEN TO USE TARANTULA: Early Veg Phase, Seedlings, Cloning, First phase of bloom cycle.

GARDEN TYPES: Rockwool, Coir, Soil, Sphagnum, Ebb & Flow, NFT, aeroponics, aquaponics, vertical stacker, rotary, indoor, outdoor, organic, synthorganic, synthetic.

PorchMonkey4Life

PorchMonkey4Life

ive used them all..............i like humboldtnutes mychomadness and now trying there whitewidow micro org mix.soon.

from what ive heard from diffrent reps that most of these products are repours or products made some where else probably all from one company and tweaked for each one , and then sold in bulk and bottled at the companys

C

CT Guy

Just posted on the other myco thread, but since I just joined my posts need approval. I can tell you for a fact though (I have talked with the Mycorrhizal Applications Rep) that AN sources their myco products from them). So save yourself some money and order it from the source. Plus, you won't be supporting a company that has done terrible things for the cannabis movement and consistently overprices their products to the consumer.

You also don't want trichoderma in your myco mix, as it can inhibit initial mycorrhizal colonization/infection.

Checkout www.mycorrhizae.com (Dr. Mike's company in Grant's Pass).

My grow recommendation would be to apply the myco to your seedlings (early in the plant's life cycle). You only need to apply it 1X, but it needs to be directly to the roots of the plant. There are a few micronized products, but I still recommend a direct root application. Not worth putting it through your entire soil mix or using as a soil drench. No need to reapply it either, it's a waste of money.

I'd use a well-made aerated compost tea to get the beneficial microbes (bacteria/archea, fungi, protozoa), rather than buying a commercial mix. You'll get exponentially more microbes, they'll be active rather than dormant, you'll have a working consortium of nutrient cycling which is a better mimicry of nature, and overall better plant health. Not to mention it way more cost-effective.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post links, but I can give sources for more information or support of everything I've written above.

~CT Guy

B

Buddy Hemphill

Just posted on the other myco thread, but since I just joined my posts need approval. I can tell you for a fact though (I have talked with the Mycorrhizal Applications Rep) that AN sources their myco products from them). So save yourself some money and order it from the source. Plus, you won't be supporting a company that has done terrible things for the cannabis movement and consistently overprices their products to the consumer.

You also don't want trichoderma in your myco mix, as it can inhibit initial mycorrhizal colonization/infection.

Checkout www.mycorrhizae.com (Dr. Mike's company in Grant's Pass).

My grow recommendation would be to apply the myco to your seedlings (early in the plant's life cycle). You only need to apply it 1X, but it needs to be directly to the roots of the plant. There are a few micronized products, but I still recommend a direct root application. Not worth putting it through your entire soil mix or using as a soil drench. No need to reapply it either, it's a waste of money.

I'd use a well-made aerated compost tea to get the beneficial microbes (bacteria/archea, fungi, protozoa), rather than buying a commercial mix. You'll get exponentially more microbes, they'll be active rather than dormant, you'll have a working consortium of nutrient cycling which is a better mimicry of nature, and overall better plant health. Not to mention it way more cost-effective.

Not sure if I'm allowed to post links, but I can give sources for more information or support of everything I've written above.

~CT Guy

I dont know much about teas.

I feed EJ's line up and bubble it well.

I have rabbits. My buddy told me adding a couple of handfuls of their manure would add a ton of micro life to my feed....and plants, obviously.

Does this sound right?

B

Buddy Hemphill

well..I just started these babies and their moms on it about 2 months ago.

Been using Botanicare PBP & Karma before that.

So I have been doing 5 gallon buckets for about 6 hrs.

As I am about to move into flower I will be using a big trash can and going 24 or better.

I didn't see a move much in ph after 6 hrs so I said what the hell?...why go longer. But I happened to leave some for a day or so and ph had jumped considerably.

I shoulda taken Sea's advice and bubbled it 24 minimum from the get go, me thinks.

I use EJ rooters myco and White Widow. Along with decent (i think) soil.

What do you think about the rabbit poo?

Top Bottom