Pistils on flowers turning color at 3 weeks!

• Thread starter Mrgrows466
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mrgrows466

Mrgrows466

what can cause my 3 week old plants to have the pistils on the flowers turn color?

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
ok thanks, well from the pic i don’t see anything wrong, the fan leaves don’t look stressed, the hairs look fine, she’s just doing her thing.
nothing to worry about.
others may reply with their thoughts as well.

Mrgrows466

Mrgrows466

i just noticed the pistils turning brownish and that made me think like its getting close to the harvest phase which kinda threw me off but i appreciate the help! thanks!

Last edited:
Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Things do seem to be looking good there as Gnick55 mentions. Best way to tell if it is ready to harvest will be the color of the trichomes. Pistils will turn color at different stages depending upon the strain.

Mrgrows466

Mrgrows466

Things do seem to be looking good there as Gnick55 mentions. Best way to tell if it is ready to harvest will be the color of the trichomes. Pistils will turn color at different stages depending upon the strain.
trichomes are coming out barely but they are far from ready.

Mrgrows466

Mrgrows466

Check this out this morning I was looking through the girls and I found this

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
mmmm, oo oh yep looks like male flowers, pick them off, search her over.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

Yep, looks like you have a herm. Could be genetics, could be environment. Do you have any light leaks in your tent?

Picking off the balls can work but it can also backfire miserably when you miss a few and they seed the whole crop.

Mrgrows466

Mrgrows466

well i have two herms now and they were both the same size, pretty tall plants. they must be from then same strain which i dont know because they were hand downs, but this one only had two balls on a top branch i cut it off because i fd it up super cropping so can i clone that top if it allready has a nug growing?

Mrgrows466

Mrgrows466

Yep, looks like you have a herm. Could be genetics, could be environment. Do you have any light leaks in your tent?

Picking off the balls can work but it can also backfire miserably when you miss a few and they seed the whole crop.
i have a vivosun tent it has minor leaks nothing major i had led white lights going and the led mix blue red and white. now i just have 4 plants out of six due to the mixed gender plants so i hope they are better.

Mrgrows466

Mrgrows466

mmmm, oo oh yep looks like male flowers, pick them off, search her over.
to many G. ill just produce seeds on the plants theyre already covered in buds. id like to know where i went wrong. i did super crop while they were on the 2nd and 3rd week of flower. i think i might of rubbed them the wrong way. someone told me that they like to be mistreated that it changes theyre boring way of growing. i should of just not listened. o well lesson learned!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
some sort of stress or possibly genetic or human error, she’ll still finish it’ll be smaller buds, but trichomes are trichomes, don’t be bummed out.
yes you can clone it, i take my clones only from flowering plants usually 2-3 weeks into flower. it will just take like 6 weeks till she revegging with new growth.

Chad.Westport

Chad.Westport

i have a vivosun tent it has minor leaks nothing major i had led white lights going and the led mix blue red and white. now i just have 4 plants out of six due to the mixed gender plants so i hope they are better.
Light leaks tend to be something that can easily lead to herms. Sometimes people will run the same strains but the one in the back corner always herms, thats another indicator of a strong enough light leak to cause issues. If its always the plant in the same location.

Mrgrows466

Mrgrows466

You are right the herms came from the plants on the corner I had 6 in the 5x5 tent and i dont know if thelat was to many or what but that's the location they were placed. Thanks

Top Bottom