Pk boosters. how to use properly?

• Thread starter Keesee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

Keesee

Id like to integrate a pk booster into my grow. i recently flushed my coco/perlite in 5gal fabrics and they’re about on week 3 ish. i was wondering if i wanted to use a pk booster in the following time should i watch my use of certain nutrients leading up to it? for example be light on pk itself? i just want to avoid the risks as much as i can. any advice would be appreciated!

K

Keesee

What is a PK booster?
a pk booster is a heavily compounded amount of phosphorus and potassium. timing is everything with it. i dont know much but im boosting this so someone else can explain better.

Z

Zill

That’s what I thought. Increasing Phosphorus is always a great idea as you near end of full vegetative cycle. I use 0-46-0, superphosphate. I grow outside.

K

Keesee

That’s what I thought. Increasing Phosphorus is always a great idea as you near end of full vegetative cycle. I use 0-46-0, superphosphate. I grow outside.
ive heard its good to start your flowering cycle with high phosphorus and end in high potassium for ripening. what im wondering in how im able to use the soluble 50-35 or 35-27. last time i tried i almost ruined a whole batch

Z

Zill

A rule of thumb to live by especially with fertilizer is: Less is more. If you’re in coco and perlite I would also be adding K.

It’s pretty concentrated compared with other fertilizer formulations. Go light 1/4-1/2 tsp/ gallon.

Let’s see what others members think.

Z

Zill

A rule of thumb to live by especially with fertilizer is: Less is more. If you’re in coco and perlite I would also be adding K.

It’s pretty concentrated compared with other fertilizer formulations.

Latest posts

Top Bottom