Pl Light Systems????

• Thread starter COGrower8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
COGrower8

COGrower8

Anybody know anything about these guys here.....They seem extremely comparable to the Gavitas and Nanoluxs but I just can't find any reviews on these things anywhere.....Im lookin at buying 3 of them w/o bulbs for 700.....

PL Light Systems or Hortilux HSE NXT II are the names of it apparently...

Help Pleaseo_O

492437-d5d5f31f69ffb0f571a95a4d097f38b5.jpg

492438-17988415223b8c0d65813772c94ea303.jpg

Pl light systems
Pl light systems 2
johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

Looks interesting...Does that use an HPS bulb or is it a PLL flouro bulb?

Lyfespan

Lyfespan

its uses DE bulbs and they seems pretty solid at the cup when i was checking them out. i liked the orientation of the ballast, for better heat distribution

COGrower8

COGrower8

Thanks guys I've decided to grab em they sound pretty legit and the price is nice as well....

Just google pl light systems and there home page comes up... About all I could find on them

GrowMaster

GrowMaster

PL lighting has been in the greenhouse business for decades. The new DE's look sweet. I say grab em. @GrowMaster and @Texas Kid use them.
Fuck ya!! PL is the only way to go if you want the best lights in the Bizz, I like the looks of the new PL lights they look bad ass, gonna half to check them out and see what there all about, just might half to update my old ones, thanks for the heads up @sdgrower..............GM

GreenintheThumb

GreenintheThumb

They're good, real similar to the e-paps and gavitas. $700 for all three is a steal. They wouldn't go below $430 for me when buying 300. Ended up going with the gavitas but whatever. They have different reflectors too, one throws more wide, one is a lot like the gavita. Just depends how much vertical height you've got.

S

Seed Buyer

I can get these lighting systems at wholesale cost so drop me a pm before you blow a wad of loot on them. PL has been dominating the lighting game in Europe since the chicken crossed the road.

S

Seed Buyer

@GreenintheThumb, for 300 units they could have broke you off much better than $430 per unit. Can't pm you.

Quantrill

Quantrill

Dool industries is the parent company of Hortilux/schredder and P.L. light systems. As well as a few other companies, one of which, Agrilight, markets lighting to other agricultural industries like confined livestock facilities.

Hortilux/schreder is the European distributor of commercial greenhouse lighting equipment and P.L. Light Systems is the same, only in North America.

Lights Interaction BV (e-papillon) is the company that has a strategic partnership with Dool industries to distribute to the hobby/cannabis market.

That's the way I understand it anyway.

MegaWatt

MegaWatt

Great units! I get mine direct from the manufacturer with Philips MASTER GreenPower Plus 1000W EL/5X6CT bulb
They only sell them into the USA with either ushio or osram lamps. Canada has the same options plus the Philips. After a few tests i would highly recommend the Philips lamp. Just my two cents...

Link to manufacturer:
http://www.pllight.com/products/fixtures/hse-nxt-ii/

Link to our website where we sell them:
https://megawatthydro.com/en/new-hydroponic-products-1/med-nxt2-hps-1000w-240v-wphilips-lamp-58140

They also did a video that may help understand these units comparing them to some of the biggest names in the industry.

P

Pimples

Pl is made by hortilux lighting not eye hortilux just hortilux. They created pl so they didn't associate their prestigious company with low life pot farmers, so to that I say screw them buy nano or gavita.
This isnt true. P.l. lighting (poot) has been the go to lighting brand for European greenhouses (anything -not just cannabis) for over 30 years. Hortilux Schreder (not Eye Hortilux the bulb brand) is the parent comapany and they are pretty much one of the pioneers of using HID lamps for cultivation. While the very early Pacific Nothwest indoor growers were looking at high bay metal halides for indooor operations at the same time the early pot growing scene in the Netherlands were looking to what made them tulip and cut flower greenhouses tick. The answer was them rows upon rows of p.l. hps lamps with the funky looking wierd shaped highly efficient reflectors lining the roofs of huge greenhouse complexes. This was all in the late seventies and very early eighties. Hortilux Schreder has been at the forefront of supplemental and primary grow lighting forever. Way before Gavita...way before....well...everyone else. Whats very interesting is what they are doing with the very very new l.e.d. lamps. These are game changers. Very new. Like months ago new.

Last edited:
Top Bottom