plagiarism

• Thread starter Classic Remix
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Classic Remix

Classic Remix

how do you all feel about this???

noticing a lot of people lately just copying and pasting someone elses works facts and time.... AND NOT EVEN SITE SOURCES OR ANYTHING..... just blatantly come out like "this is what I know"

does anyone give credibility to people like this? just curious, being an internet forum that needs information.... should there be a general "site the source" style thing or are we all just wingin it fuck it... can i post pics of 300 light grows i go to and act like i know the shit just cause i saw it?

smell what im steppin in??? its poop.

lets clean that shit up.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hhhmmm... so, you want citations? Or you want folks to be more clear as to whether or not this is information gleaned from elsewhere vs personal experience?

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

the 2nd. im just saying people are asking questions and theyre getting answered by copy and paste, then the person asking continues to ask that person LIKE HE KNEW WHAT THE FUCK HE WAS TALKING ABOUT.

not citations come on, i want to keep this thread on track not get nitpicked to lockdown like everything else.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm just trying to understand what you're saying here. You want people to only discuss what they have direct experience with, then, is that correct? Or... you want people to type up a new response to a question that may have already been answered?

ttystikk

ttystikk

When I cite a specifc reference or article about something, I either cite the source, use a hyperlink- or, copy n paste the whole source.

It depends on how the copy n paste is used. Woodsmaneh comes across as a credible cut n paster, because he's using them to support his points- not as the points themselves.

I don't bother when discussing common knowledge, as is common and widely accepted.

Aligee

Aligee

I'm just trying to understand what you're saying here. You want people to only discuss what they have direct experience with, then, is that correct? Or... you want people to type up a new response to a question that may have already been answered?
So indirect of a clown. Why start a thread over it? Cross referencing rules, never put all eggs in same basket. Everything is different for each situation.
:)

sixstring

sixstring

i say go read the copy paste and then try to put it in your own words or keep it zipped lol.i would rather see someone just copy a link to the info rather then paste it almost as if its your info.my 6 centso_O
seems like this site has alot of guys that like to use other peeps work as "how its done" examples instead of speaking from experience

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

how come whenever someone asks for sources in these situations, we typically get shot down as if we're asking for miles of peer-reviewed literature or something? (which is hardly the case)

just tell us where you got the fucking info already, from a book/author/article, your mom, another farmer who you feel is legit, a mushroom trip, your dream-life, your own tests, whatever.

if i get CR's post correctly, it sounds like he wants to use his own critical thinking skills instead of blindly assuming others have done so. duh, sounds like a smart idea to me.

frankly if you can't/don't/won't tell us how you think you know something, and where you got the supposed knowledge, then why should we invest time in listening to you?

souf69

souf69

Information on this cite is for entertainment purposes only; take it how you want too. Whether someone backs up their point with a personal experience or with a philosophical experience should in no way have that much of an effect on your decision. The copy and paste issue is really not a big issue is it?
If I state my plants produce two pounds per plant when I pee all over them would you pee on yours because I backed it up with a personal experience?

Classic Remix

Classic Remix

thats not where we are going.

if youre here for entertainment purposes you wouldnt be concerned about credibility. enough said.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

the 2nd. im just saying people are asking questions and theyre getting answered by copy and paste, then the person asking continues to ask that person LIKE HE KNEW WHAT THE FUCK HE WAS TALKING ABOUT.

not citations come on, i want to keep this thread on track not get nitpicked to lockdown like everything else.
I think we're missing the bigger picture here brotha, most the info in these copied and pasted articles is wrong half ass or incomplete, which i can understand the incomplete cuz half the time i'm too stoned to want to explain something either but alot of it just isn't correct; So I think people are better off not knowing the sources haha......just my 2 cents.....take it easy.........and if people really wanted sources they would just look up the fucking information for themselves instead of placing the burden of clarifying on somone else, only to castize what the person says; quite hypocritical and ignorant..... and to qoute on el cerebro(no hate brotha just saying) The point of forums is that the information is anecdotal; so by nature of the forum people aren't going to list sources, it's opinions, people don't care weather or not you think their worth investing your time in; they simply are posting what they know, it is you that must then invest the time to discover the truth whether it be what they said or the opposite. I don't see how a person posting a source gives any more credence to the info then when they just type it themselves. lol The person who wrote the book(or whatever source you seek) is simply doing the same thing the forum poster is, so it's quite hilarious to ask for Anecdotal evidence and then tell people that they must show you Anecdotal evidence inorder to prove their anecdotal evidence correct? hahahaha, theres some major flaws in thinking here, or rather dead synapsis's........haha take it easy

souf69

souf69

Credibility? We take the info we get from this site and make a decision. Do we do everything this forum gives us? Probably not... We digest what info we like and dont like, and then make a decision.
If you want proper citations and such then maybe you should read a book, or get yourself a nook. This is a forum, a free one at that. Take in what you want and drain the rest, kinda like our plants....

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Im subbed in for this one and I think nothing replaces experience nothing......but it sure is nice to get applicable advice from a buddy and if that advice improves your game then hell ya dont forget it....less also not forget that just not too long ago people were hoarding info like clone only heirlooms....im glad weve got this far and I dont blame Classic Remix at all...what better ambition then the one that would help us all as acommunity. At some point too much info does become a burden and detremental to the message

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
noticing a lot of people lately just copying and pasting someone elses works facts and time.... AND NOT EVEN SITE SOURCES OR ANYTHING..... just blatantly come out like "this is what I know"

LOL. :troll:

souf69

souf69

Im subbed in for this one and I think nothing replaces experience nothing......but it sure is nice to get applicable advice from a buddy and if that advice improves your game then hell ya dont forget it....less also not forget that just not too long ago people were hoarding info like clone only heirlooms....im glad weve got this far and I dont blame Classic Remix at all...what better ambition then the one that would help us all as acommunity. At some point too much info does become a burden and detremental to the message
Cave, I dont disagree at all, but just because someone states on this site they have done what they are stating they have, does not really mean they really did it. I take in what I want and throw the rest away.
What would classic do if someone gave him bad info and he accepted it as good info jus because they cited it or backed it up and all his shit died?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

If I say "I know a guy and he thinks this" or take it with agrain of salt, or IME, IMO is that good enough CR or what kind of standard is or should be set ...somethIings should be obvious but we are or most of us a re potheads or atleast I know I am

Top Bottom