Planning out coco advice.

• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah I would definitely go with some sort of self dumping system for run off bro, since switching to coco it has been my biggest problem, been using a 20L shop vac but it just filled too quickly and ended up being quite some labour, had to adapt it to self dump even then its not the solution ive been looking for
I could plumb it to the drain... Yup that sounds good

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Yeah yeah bro drain is about 20 ft away.

Bro you can be like me. I plumbed all my rooms for condensate pumps a year ago. Still don't have the pumps. Still haven't finished the plumbing, Soon™ At least I did veg so I don't look too bad 😂

IMG 20200613 004137

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Bro you can be like me. I plumbed all my rooms for condensate pumps a year ago. Still don't have the pumps. Still haven't finished the plumbing, Soon™ At least I did veg so I don't look too bad 😂

View attachment 985350
Haha hell no I'm far to ocd for that... Now where them dirt plants you promised me 😁 I'm like that woman that's just gonna keep nagging... You said you would mistake #1 bro but you'll learn lol

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Haha hell no I'm far to ocd for that... Now where them dirt plants you promised me 😁 I'm like that woman that's just gonna keep nagging... You said you would mistake #1 bro but you'll learn lol

Oh it's coming. Im back Wed and im gonna throw a mom outside in some untested soil I havent used before. Should be loads of fun.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

🍿🍿
Very inspiring thread! Thanks all! Im reading around about automated drip system...
Chemcris do you think that your loop system could be made bigger for like 60sh plants?It looks very neat!

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
🍿🍿
Very inspiring thread! Thanks all! Im reading around about automated drip system...
Chemcris do you think that your loop system could be made bigger for like 60sh plants?It looks very neat!
I bet it could you will have to build a manifold it’s just plumbing pvc pipe . I’d love to see what you come up with this thread has given me the idea to plum up my drain to waste tank again .

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Of course you can go bigger, just need bigger plumbing and a bigger pump. A 1/4HP little giant pump would do it running 1" line. That's what I used in my larger grow back in the day.
But think about some of the large greenhouses out there, those are all on an irrigation system. Once it gets really big though you need to break it down into zones with solenoid controls. But 60 plants should be easily doable on one large loop if you have adequate GPM and psi.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
🍿🍿

You can expand it out to whatever you want. When doing 504 plant rooms I just set it up to 8 zones 63 plants each. 1-2 zones at a time. Just need to have the pressure behind it. That's where stuff like Dabs and Leaders come in if not using dosers to keep a constant pressure for even flow across all of it. Just make sure your pipe sizing is adequate.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Thanks guys! For what im undertanding to go bigger seems necessary a pressure regulator before of those umberellas to ensure an even flow right?
To check if the flow is even i was immagining to put a solo cup to each dripper and cotrol how much water i get, correct?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Thanks guys! For what im undertanding to go bigger seems necessary a pressure regulator before of those umberellas to ensure an even flow right?
To check if the flow is even i was immagining to put a solo cup to each dripper and cotrol how much water i get, correct?

Depends on how big and how big your pump is and what pump you are using along with piping size. Yeah I just use a catch and measure it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

full loop all the way. you can also check out the octa-bubbler. i can send you a link if you need. i have my set up with octa-bubbler with the halo rain drip
Nice anyone have experience with these?

lilnew

lilnew

i have a question i haven't quite figure out a solution to. when your pump is on and pumping nutes thru the pvc pipes. when the pump stops. what happen to all that feed that's still in the pipes? it seem like a lot of wastage. Any advice on getting rid of that?

illmatik

illmatik

I like the Rainbird free flow manifolds

We use the 6 port free flow ones (1/2in threaded)
Alt Part# MANIFRE6S (sell them on amazon)

Here are some of the other
View attachment 985286

You will want a timer that will go down to seconds. One's Ive been using are (also amazon special)
View attachment 985288

Other setup is just simple cheap PVC elbows, T's, and 90's. You can choose to go tubing but honestly its more expensive. I like soaking all of it in bleach after a run so why I like the pvc.

For 6-8 plants I would go pvc square with 2 - 4 ports unless you ever want to run more. Then I would go to the 6's or how many you will need for 2 drippers a plant.

Your basic parts list is:

1 - 1/2 schedule 40 pvc
5 - 1/2 90's slip
1 - 1/2 T slip
1 - 1/2 in slip to 3/4 threaded female (see below)
1 - 3/4 barb to 3/4 thread (you can go 1/2 here I run 3/4 to the pump since im running 17 plants off 1 loop)
2 - 1/2 T slip to threaded female on top (or however many manifolds you running)
2 - 1/2 threaded sprinker risers (sprinkler isle at hardware store. a little taller then your pot or how many manifolds you running)
1- roll of 1/4 drip line
choice of drip stakes (no thx) or 1/4 drip line supports

Glue, primer, and pvc cutter

Just a side note If running 2 drippers per plants and running 8 plants i would use the ecoplus 710 gph bottom draws. It might be overkill for this but that will secure even watering to all the sites. What I use for my 17 single drippers.

That is the setup I use for 4x4's
View attachment 985289

edit: parts a little different in this list since I used a 90 elbow to barb and used a strait male adapter in that pic

Can you elaborate on your drain setup a little more? I built individual drain saucers for each plant - they work but it's very clunky and limits the mobility of my plants. A drip tray covering the entire floor of the tent would be much better. I need to figure out a setup for both my 4x4 and 4x8 tents.

IMG 20200804 183531
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

You should do a room with auto pots system.
Not really a fan of flood and drain but I do know some ppl grow great plants with them. Personally I will likel always be top feed or pure hydro. Just feel they add more challenges, not that they can't be fairly easily overcome.

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

what's up with F&D, that you don't particularly like?

i first started with F&D and had great success. admittedly, i haven't run a F&D system for a long time. kinda learned 'my trade' starting with F&D.

you might be right, i think about F&D, and then stick with other growing methods. more the volume, mess to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom