• Thread starter Aqua Man
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Can you elaborate on your drain setup a little more? I built individual drain saucers for each plant - they work but it's very clunky and limits the mobility of my plants. A drip tray covering the entire floor of the tent would be much better. I need to figure out a setup for both my 4x4 and 4x8 tents.

Sorry I missed this. I have 2 different types of tables im using. Home build corrugated and E&F tables. Basically both the same drain setups. Corrugated to gutter to Ebb drain fitting. E&F tables just strait drain fitting. My lazy ass finally finished plumbing the condensate pumps and got rid of the dump rez's. Just something to collect and dump is always an option and did it for years but you might have the worry about humidity with all the standing water if that's a concern for you. Can either hurt or help you depending on how dry/wet it is.

MVIMG 20200906 105457

IMG 20200906 105522

As far as tents go both the above setups work just fine and have used both of them in tents. I lean more towards the corrugated nowadays. 10x easier and quicker to clean.

IMG 20200906 105707

1 thing I will say is condensate pumps let you run the tables lower if height is a concern for you. After these runs are finished I will be chopping some off all the legs of these tables. Height was for 12 gal runoff container clearance. Also don't think you need something like this. I use the pumps lifted into the air because my floor drains are on the other side of my basement. I use 44 gal brutes on rollers for nutes and didnt want to dodge lines all over the floor or I would have just plumbed strait pvc along the floor to the drains like I did in veg.

IMG 20200906 110713

IMG 20200906 110726

what's up with F&D, that you don't particularly like?

i first started with F&D and had great success. admittedly, i haven't run a F&D system for a long time. kinda learned 'my trade' starting with F&D.

you might be right, i think about F&D, and then stick with other growing methods. more the volume, mess to deal with.

Rez size, water/nute amount, buildup at flood level, waste, and added humidity.

My setup with E&F vs DTW Drip. 400 plus gals a week vs 160. 6 gal bottles of GH 3 part would maybe last me 3ish months on E&F. At the time running V+B would be over 150 bucks a month in nutes on E&F.

E&F has its merits. If you have a constant variable plant count its prob the easiest solution. Also great for veg. Lots of commercial rockwool growers use E&F for veg and go to drip/slabs for flower.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom