Planning That Road Trip..

• Thread starter Welshwizzard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
I love Antelope and the slots. It would be nice to do the wave but it's a long drive from everywhere for a slight chance, and even then if you have a big party you could still get shafted. The 'rents have a home in Sedona, and it's glorious. I have an uncle in phoenix, a few years ago we came down the last year picacho peak was open. That was an adventure. Camelback, A mountain, and squaw peak, then we hiked Humphries in flagstaff, visited the booth at the grand canyon during a snow storm, interesting that they don't use gravel or chemical de-icer, just crushed lava rock. Went to moab and mountain biked slickrock next to dinosaur footprints in the rocks along the trail. Four corners right after fires exposed new sites, then through durango up to the junction and back to denver. I wish I was old enough to appreciate it, but it would be hard to appreciate as I am not bulletproof like I was when I was younger.

There is a spot around four corners where the light shines into a room for a few seconds each morning. I remember speaking to a photographer and he took a metric assload of pictures over a few minutes, and one single picture created the perfect beam of light. That picture you posted is wonderful.

Tell me you get Arizona Highways. Great mag.
And watch the show as well!!!!

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I love Antelope and the slots. It would be nice to do the wave but it's a long drive from everywhere for a slight chance, and even then if you have a big party you could still get shafted. The 'rents have a home in Sedona, and it's glorious. I have an uncle in phoenix, a few years ago we came down the last year picacho peak was open. That was an adventure. Camelback, A mountain, and squaw peak, then we hiked Humphries in flagstaff, visited the booth at the grand canyon during a snow storm, interesting that they don't use gravel or chemical de-icer, just crushed lava rock. Went to moab and mountain biked slickrock next to dinosaur footprints in the rocks along the trail. Four corners right after fires exposed new sites, then through durango up to the junction and back to denver. I wish I was old enough to appreciate it, but it would be hard to appreciate as I am not bulletproof like I was when I was younger.

There is a spot around four corners where the light shines into a room for a few seconds each morning. I remember speaking to a photographer and he took a metric assload of pictures over a few minutes, and one single picture created the perfect beam of light. That picture you posted is wonderful.

Tell me you get Arizona Highways. Great mag.
I are confused, this is the picture I think. Not four corners though.

PerfectShot
N

Nomadic

Make it a point to hit AZ and my missus and I will make sure you have plenty of smoke for your trip. That way you dont have to risk buying just any ole weed from god knows who and the risk involved..... Also have a spare room you can overnight in to catch your wind........
That a promise from the Cactus Clan :D

We loved AZ .... Boynton Canyon in Sedona and the Rt66 tourist trap/ghost town Oatman....a town run by donkeys that will grab your bag with a t-shirt in it and try to take off with it! The best for us was the energy driving through the Hopi Mesas. We considered moving to AZ but still too much Police State "feel" for us. So...off to Oregon we go this fall.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
We loved AZ .... Boynton Canyon in Sedona and the Rt66 tourist trap/ghost town Oatman....a town run by donkeys that will grab your bag with a t-shirt in it and try to take off with it! The best for us was the energy driving through the Hopi Mesas. We considered moving to AZ but still too much Police State "feel" for us. So...off to Oregon we go this fall.
I'm with you on the police state feel. A lot of places here are still like the "wild west" and the mentality that goes with that. We are however, putting legalization on the Nov ballot. We needed 230,000 sigs and last count was 215,000 So it looks like it will get voted on this year........ We pushed hard to make sure the home grower rights were included in the agenda. Either way as for some, legalization does bring a step forward in ending prohibition, but then all of the profit seekers come in with deep pockets and along with lawmakers they will thoroughly fukk shit up.

N

Nomadic

I'm with you on the police state feel. A lot of places here are still like the "wild west" and the mentality that goes with that. We are however, putting legalization on the Nov ballot. We needed 230,000 sigs and last count was 215,000 So it looks like it will get voted on this year........ We pushed hard to make sure the home grower rights were included in the agenda. Either way as for some, legalization does bring a step forward in ending prohibition, but then all of the profit seekers come in with deep pockets and along with lawmakers they will thoroughly fukk shit up.

Sounds good! Tough state politically with the Repubs hangin tight there for so many years but ya never know!

Yeah, the money that comes in with legalization def finds ways to screw things up but hey, if you can grow a few legally....it's better than nothing!

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Like scoop says may/june or sept/october are good months,kids are still in school so less crowds and vacationers and the best weather too.Make sure to have enough time,could easily spend 1 month in california alone and not even scratch the surface,just driving the coast is 800 miles.Tell me your general start and beginning places and ill go to auto club and have them make you a trip tik and ill mail it to you,they give you all the maps and info so you can plan/research your trip.

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

"It's them damn mexicans" -sheriff joe 'The Racist' Arapoopoo (spelling might be off)

How can Arizonians buy into medial or recreational marijuana when they are so hateful to immigrants and all of the mexican brick weed coming north?

Shouldn't they concentrate on the dangerous stuff like meth? I get that pot is easy and cops are lazy, but there are fewer criminals growing pot in national forests then there are drug mules importing meth in their prison wallets.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Agreed Meth heroin and cocaine are a huge problem here. Tweekers abound!!!

LocalGrowGuy

LocalGrowGuy

I headed over Kenosha this weekend and it hailed from the pass through bailey. I was fortunate to scoop up some prime cuts, talking shop and playing with the pups was great. You goddamn farmers and your golden's, such good dogs. Nice to be farting around the back yard and see a family of deer come through. I imagine they won't be as welcome when the gardens get going. Deer around here just come through and bit the tops off the pepper plants.

I've heard putting the really spicy peppers around the garden border will deter pests, but the garden is a green oasis in a sea of brown, like a giant pest target.

I am 90% this is Mount Princeton, looking west before the sky dumped.

edit: haha, I guess shit goes weird when you go over the pass. Just turn your monitor upside down. Worked for me.

ScoopDrive
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I headed over Kenosha this weekend and it hailed from the pass through bailey. I was fortunate to scoop up some prime cuts, talking shop and playing with the pups was great. You goddamn farmers and your golden's, such good dogs. Nice to be farting around the back yard and see a family of deer come through. I imagine they won't be as welcome when the gardens get going. Deer around here just come through and bit the tops off the pepper plants.

I've heard putting the really spicy peppers around the garden border will deter pests, but the garden is a green oasis in a sea of brown, like a giant pest target.

I am 90% this is Mount Princeton, looking west before the sky dumped.

edit: haha, I guess shit goes weird when you go over the pass. Just turn your monitor upside down. Worked for me.

That's how it looked on our drive over to see Scoop, at least for me after all those vape hits...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
You guys are always welcome here at the shanty........
When is slows down, if ever lets get together and feast.......
Thanks, you sure are doing tons of great stuff.......
Tell B, that lettuce lasted over a week.....You got a real sweetheart there my friend......

scoop

scoop

It's all keeping me super busy, for sure. Having the greenhouse is sure a lot of fun though. It's giving us that much needed head start. It's a real treat to be looking at harvesting veggies that we are just now starting to think about planting outside. Glad you enjoyed the greens....... we are eating a shitload of salad these days!

Still a good 3-4 weeks to go before I can set out the ladies though. Fuckin A...they are getting YUGE. If all goes well it could be a really nice go of it. NEVER ran such BIG plants....so we will see. Gonna be interesting.....

hope all is well there.......

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
It's all keeping me super busy, for sure. Having the greenhouse is sure a lot of fun though. It's giving us that much needed head start. It's a real treat to be looking at harvesting veggies that we are just now starting to think about planting outside. Glad you enjoyed the greens....... we are eating a shitload of salad these days!

Still a good 3-4 weeks to go before I can set out the ladies though. Fuckin A...they are getting YUGE. If all goes well it could be a really nice go of it. NEVER ran such BIG plants....so we will see. Gonna be interesting.....

hope all is well there.......
Get ready to cage em up.
I like wire field fence..

scoop

scoop

Just bought 100' of 6 ft fence yesterday for the chore. Was looking for something with a 6" square pattern but ended up with the standard 2 x 3 "Fuck I wish my hand would fit in there" utility fencing. Gonna have to do........

Still trying to decide where to put em. The spot closer to the house is more secure with a bit better Sun...but then ya got monster trees in plain view of anyone/everyone who comes to visit/drives into the driveway. The spot a bit farther up the way is a bit more private but a bit harder to keep an eye on and I gotta drag hoses up there to water.... ah......decisions..decisions.... It was a freaker last year to have every worker and his brother walking past the patch and commenting. Fortunately...no issues though. It's that "old habits (Tell no one/etc) are hard to break" in this newfangled day of "legality" thing... Just seems so much weirder...LOL.

Either way.....the game cameras will go up...just in case we need to ID some ripper for certain death......

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
sometimes hidden in plain sight is best. where your at few trod..
I would say keep em close..
can get cheapo motion detectors , also we bobby trap with that nylon netting, just lay on ground, one step and robbers get all tangled up...
all then dogs you got would rip rippers to shreds and you could compost em up after boiling in hot tub.....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
lol one time cops busted us for a huge plant in garden they asked if we were growing in Denver.
Yes officer your standing next to one. It was 10 feet tall still in veg.
They got all excited..Told us were under arrest, made a few calls.
So funny when they both attempted to pull it out of ground, we went and got a chainsaw and cut it out for them. they cited friend for possession of under an ounce, put plant in back of car with roots sticking out one window the top sticking out the other...
There were servel other plants amongst the other veggies they did not even look for lol...

Top Bottom