Plant about to harvest, first sign of some kind of pest

• Thread starter CoughingMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CoughingMan

So my plant is about a week from harvest and today I moved it and watered it. I noticed in there were these little white bugs wiggling around in the water collecting from the drainage.

I tryed to get one to look at it under the microscope but they jump... or something. They are very small and I think they may be whiteflies but im not sure.

they are so tiny and like i said, they seem to jump.

Fred el Gato

Fred el Gato

Most likely Fungus Gnat maggots. I've got them too, but to close to finish, don't want to add anything that might screw up taste or smell.

CheechWizard

CheechWizard

Sounds like thrips. If your not flushing yet, look into getting some Gnatrol WP. It's a Bacillus thuringiensis based larvicide. It works killer on soil based nasties and wont change the taste or smell of your finished buds.

C

CoughingMan

Thanks for the input people!

I think they are thrips in the early stages.
thrips-in-stages.jpg

I am already flushing and im so close to harvest im not worried.
I just want to make sure I get rid of any site of them before
I start my next grow. whats the best way to go about this?

G

GroHi

If they're hopping & white, they are likely Springtails, though thrips hop as well when adults. The difference is that the thrips tend to be beige to brown in color. Springtails are a pure white... and they hop, hop, hop. When really bad, the top of the run-off/catch will be dancing with them.

They are mostly an annoyance & don't eat your plants or roots... mostly decaying matter, fungi, bacteria & the like. I hated them. Neem concentrate for a soil drench (azatrol) & spray with insecticidal soap (those that you can see). Same thing will work for thrips though they will damage the plants, so would start asap. Peace.

S

STEVELO

I have those little white bugs on my outside plant its 4 week into flower
steve

W

webeblzr

I only got them in my hydro set up, and when the solution was too warm.

S

supasticky

Well to answer your question about what to do after you harvest..you just have to get in there and clean up your space. Go through with a bucket of water with a little bleach in it and wash down your walls. After it airs out I like to spray all surfaces with a bug spray. Any bugs should either leave or die. Next time try to not leave a door(or whatever is sealing your grow room) open for long periods of time and no pets in the room. I try to wear new clothes. It seems over the top, but after work or at the end of the day I just put on my comfortable clothes and go look at them. Just so that you make sure not to get bugs because they can be a hassle. Another thing to do is regularly spray your plants even if you don't have bugs. Soma says he sprays down his plants every three days with Neem Oil up until the third week of flowering and never has any bug problems.

-Supa

Top Bottom