plant accidentally re-vegged 45 days into flower

• Thread starter geemonty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

geemonty

My schedule has been weird so I have been watering after lights out using a small light to see what I am doing. I seem to have accidentally re-vegged one of my plants because of this. My schedule is back to normal so I should have no issues moving forward but other than me making sure she gets her full 12 hours of uninterrupted beauty sleep, is there anything else I should do? Will this greatly affect the harvest?

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

You should watch for hermies, because it seems you've been begging for them.

Custom45

Custom45

ImpulsiveGrower

ImpulsiveGrower

Supporter
A pollen sack can be hard to see until it’s too late and your whole grow gets seeded. Did you know the light could mess with them or?

G

geemonty

A pollen sack can be hard to see until it’s too late and your whole grow gets seeded. Did you know the light could mess with them or?
I will keep an eye out every day. So far I have not seen any. I have never had to deal with this, do I simply remove them? Can the plant self pollinate if it does develop pollen sacks or can it only pollinate other plants?

Yes I know that light can mess with it but I have done it before, sparingly, when needed and have not had problems. This time, though, I needed to do it for 3 weeks every 2-3 days because of schedule which made it so I wasn't able to do feeding/watering during lights on. Not having issues before in the past made me a bit over confident and the light I used was not very bright. My other plant didn't reveg just this one.

Last edited:
G

geemonty

Thanks!! I will get one of these in case I need it in the future. Did a ggogle search and the Hydroponics Green Screen Light app came up. Anyone have any experience with this? Wondering if the screen back-lighting would still be an issue.

Last edited:
G

geemonty

Update:
no pollen sacks have been found so far checking everyday.

I found out exactly why my plant re-vegged. For this plant specifically which, luckily, I have it isolated, I use one of these timers for the grow light. Push a pip down the light turns on for 30 minutes up and its off for 30 min. Somehow I managed to press one of the pips down enough for it to register as "on". I honestly don't know how long it has been like this. I thought I triggered the re-veg because of a small led light I used to work on plant at night but my others weren't affected. This has to be the reason why. For those using this style timer make sure to check it often.

Last edited:
Top Bottom