Plant Available Silicon, Soluble Silicon In Fertilizer Sources, Aafpco Approved Method

• Thread starter Quantrill
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chillywilly

chillywilly

Greetings,
Here it is... my old, old skool fall back on...Willard water xxx dark...original...take all else to the side...hook that up with Nitron-A35...
all else is trash...simple is better...folks talking about kelp...hmmmmm... get Wachters' Sea Spraa...laminaria species, NOT kelp, weakling...hmmmmm...but u have to know a certified distributor of this product...is like thick humus...extremely rich...full of nutes ...kelp is a punk compared to this...he he...Plants need average minerals, lighting, water, and Love as outside...don't complicate...
cw...

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Greetings,
Here it is... my old, old skool fall back on...Willard water xxx dark...original...take all else to the side...hook that up with Nitron-A35...
all else is trash...simple is better...folks talking about kelp...hmmmmm... get Wachters' Sea Spraa...laminaria species, NOT kelp, weakling...hmmmmm...but u have to know a certified distributor of this product...is like thick humus...extremely rich...full of nutes ...kelp is a punk compared to this...he he...Plants need average minerals, lighting, water, and Love as outside...don't complicate...
cw...

Hahahaha ^^^^^^

Is this guy for real or what LMAO

eastcoastjoe

eastcoastjoe

Hey CW, where can I get these bomb ass nutes dats better den kelp and shit. You can't make this stuff up

82EC04C5 4832 4E5B AA06 0412861184F3 1777 0000026C28A949D5

chillywilly

chillywilly

Well...if u know folks, it happens...I've fucked up many times, but now... see my posts...many. .a manny...
cw...

sixstring

sixstring

The thread is about quantifying the plant available silicon content of fertilizer sources using the Association of American Plant Food Control Officials (AAPFCO) approved method, so that we can compare them.

not esoteric, magical, superstitious, fractal, vortex, crystal energy water
THIS^^^^^
Greetings,
cw...
chillywilly (or anyone else )you are welcome to start your own thread on magic water or whatever.please keep on topic here.

Quantrill

Quantrill

Dr. Gasper Korndorfer “Silicon, a Plant Beneficial Substance: A Method to Quantify Plant-Available Silicon in Solid Fertilizers

Fresh Starts

Fresh Starts

Dr. Gasper Korndorfer “Silicon, a Plant Beneficial Substance: A Method to Quantify Plant-Available Silicon in Solid Fertilizers

His issue with the Sodium Carbonate + Ammonium Nitrate extraction was that it took 5 days to test in Silicon content in the Laboratory? That's not bad at all for cannabis growers taking into account that NO ONE in the industry is testing their content in the first place. @Quantrill is Agsil a Sodium Carbonate + Ammonium Nitrate extracted fertilizer?

Quantrill

Quantrill

I sure would not say NO ONE is testing for silicon in the cannabis scene. wink wink muwhahahahahahaha

the 5 day sodium carbonate-ammonium nitrate extraction is an analysis method, not a production method.

it is the AAPFCO approved testing method for plant available(soluble) silicon content in fertilizer materials. The results from this analysis is what they want the manufacturers to use to list silicon content on fertilizer labels. Instead of TOTAL silicon content, which may or may not become available.

They improved the time it takes from 5 days to a few hours by adding an autoclave to the procedure. This addition also improved the correlation of the results with actual plant uptake of silicon.

Screenshot intoduction of autoclave in the 5 day silicon analysis
infam0usgro

infam0usgro

Hello to all,

Just managed to read everything regarding AgSil 16H. Managed to purchase it about 4 weeks ago and was a LONG time user of Aptus Fasilitor. I believe all in all it was a great product however, not understanding that I was overpaying took a toll eventually. After starting to use AgSil 16H I have been adding .5 grams per gallon and have noticed my plants taking a toll in a negative way.

Seems like the potassium in the AgSil is locking out something in my plants. Here is what I do to perhaps give a little insight on what I could be possibly doing wrong:

Example:
Make a 40 gallon res with RO water.
Measure 20g of AgSil, slowly dump in and stir.
Ph down to 7.0 slowly.
Add Calimagic(1-0-0) @ 1ml per gallon
Aptus Startboost(root inhibitor)
Heavy 16 Veg A+B
and finally Ecozen from aptus which is there sugars and aminos.
PH to 5.9 lets stay.

Is it possible that at .5g per gallon it is too strong?Im thinking the potassium is messing up my plants. Thank you for your help !

Last edited:
Madmax

Madmax

ive just recently purchased some to see if it strengthens up the stem.blew me out abit on all the pros on using it on cannabis...using it outdoors though and only foliar spraying,that way i dont disturb the ph of soil...came across this when learning about it.just a snippet..
Screenshot 20190219 214913

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Hello to all,

Just managed to read everything regarding AgSil 16H. Managed to purchase it about 4 weeks ago and was a LONG time user of Aptus Fasilitor. I believe all in all it was a great product however, not understanding that I was overpaying took a toll eventually. After starting to use AgSil 16H I have been adding .5 grams per gallon and have noticed my plants taking a toll in a negative way.

Seems like the potassium in the AgSil is locking out something in my plants. Here is what I do to perhaps give a little insight on what I could be possibly doing wrong:

Example:
Make a 40 gallon res with RO water.
Measure 20g of AgSil, slowly dump in and stir.
Ph down to 7.0 slowly.
Add Calimagic(1-0-0) @ 1ml per gallon
Aptus Startboost(root inhibitor)
Heavy 16 Veg A+B
and finally Ecozen from aptus which is there sugars and aminos.
PH to 5.9 lets stay.

Is it possible that at .5g per gallon it is too strong?Im thinking the potassium is messing up my plants. Thank you for your help !

.5g a gallon is like 35ppm of K. Doubtful unless you are blasting them with some kind of off the chart K rich solution and they are getting over 300 ppm of it. You can always back off the heavy B solution by a ml or 2.

I have been using .4 forever. Silica takes a while to fully dissolve. Make sure you are giving it enough time.

infam0usgro

infam0usgro

ive just recently purchased some to see if it strengthens up the stem.blew me out abit on all the pros on using it on cannabis...using it outdoors though and only foliar spraying,that way i dont disturb the ph of soil...came across this when learning about it.just a snippet..View attachment 857288
Thank you for that wonderful excerpt! That actually was the missing link. So I would add my Agsil16H in first and then PH the water down to 7.0 to make it neutral. I was using Advanced nutrients ph down which in fact is a Phosphoric acid. Seems like i was adding a lot of phosphoric acid which spiked my phosphorus levels and stunted all my plants.

After reading that article i gave my plants a flush and switched over to citric acid and sure enough the problem was solved. Thank you for that little article! Was extremely helpful.

I was told that i should pH my water to 7.0 and then add remainder of nutes. Is that correct or could i add my nutes after adding Agsil because my pH is around like 11 or so. I dont want to cause lockout.

infam0usgro

infam0usgro

Silica always goes in first before everything else. It doesn't like to mix into nutrient solutions.

Just to help you out for compatibility:
View attachment 858727

Yes so i normally add silica first, cal-mag, followed up with nutes.

I guess my question is: After adding agsil, ph goes to 10+. Is it something that should be brought to a neutral level before adding anything to it, or it doesn't matter what goes into it providing the types of elements I add in arent counter-acting to that chart. Thank you for that chart by the way.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Yes so i normally add silica first, cal-mag, followed up with nutes.

I guess my question is: After adding agsil, ph goes to 10+. Is it something that should be brought to a neutral level before adding anything to it, or it doesn't matter what goes into it providing the types of elements I add in arent counter-acting to that chart. Thank you for that chart by the way.

In theory you should. Some nutrients have solubility problems at certain PH's. Now with the amount you are adding (.5g per gal correct?) I don't think it will have an huge effect. I never PH before adding nutes (.4 gal of agsil first). Nutes strait in then PH in the end (mostly cause I use mono-ammonium phosphate in my mix). My PH is usually at about 7 after all my nutes have been added before I PH it. Also it takes a good 30 mins or so for the PH to become stable after downing it with strait salts. Once it is there it won't even move .1 over a week tho.

With that being said it wouldn't hurt for sure. Like you said above. I also uses Advanced PH Down and just nail down the mixing order cause of the K going in before all the Ca ect. If you do plan to do this I would add the Si wait 5 mins or so (longer depending on how much you are mixing) PH and then wait another 5 or more before you start mixing other nutes just to be on the safe side. I think the issue you were running into was the calmg after the PH down and those 2 reacting with each other.

Last edited:
infam0usgro

infam0usgro

In theory you should. Some nutrients have solubility problems at certain PH's. Now with the amount you are adding (.5g per gal correct?) I don't think it will have an huge effect. I never PH before adding nutes (.4 gal of agsil first). Nutes strait in then PH in the end (mostly cause I use mono-ammonium phosphate in my mix). My PH is usually at about 7 after all my nutes have been added before I PH it. Also it takes a good 30 mins or so for the PH to become stable after downing it with strait salts. Once it is there it won't even move .1 over a week tho.

With that being said it wouldn't hurt for sure. Like you said above. I also uses Advanced PH Down and just nail down the mixing order cause of the K going in before all the Ca ect. If you do plan to do this I would add the Si wait 5 mins or so (longer depending on how much you are mixing) PH and then wait another 5 or more before you start mixing other nutes just to be on the safe side. I think the issue you were running into was the calmg after the PH down and those 2 reacting with each other.

So i used phosphoric acid to ph down my agsil16h and experienced phosphorus issues where my plants were getting messed up. Read online about different methods on ph'ing my nutes down and found that citric acid doesnt add ec/ppms to my mix. I know its not stable, but do you feel that i should use it or perhaps another form of ph down.

Also i litterally just switched over to jacks nutrients. Been using Aptus full line and botanicare. Quality was good, but man was I burning money monthly.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
So i used phosphoric acid to ph down my agsil16h and experienced phosphorus issues where my plants were getting messed up. Read online about different methods on ph'ing my nutes down and found that citric acid doesnt add ec/ppms to my mix. I know its not stable, but do you feel that i should use it or perhaps another form of ph down.

Also i litterally just switched over to jacks nutrients. Been using Aptus full line and botanicare. Quality was good, but man was I burning money monthly.

Adjusting the PH the way you want is fine. The only thing I've heard about citric is the promotion of algae. If you are fine with those I don't see why it would be a problem. That or vinegar. If you are going for sterile rez's I prob would use something besides citric.

https://jrpeters.wordpress.com/2012/03/13/citric-acid-and-algae-blooms/

Rasna

Rasna

are compared and the difference between biostimulants containing silicates (potassium silicate, etc.) biostimulants containing silicic acid (stabilized) and compounds containing silica nanoparticles (nano SiO2) is explained

PizzaBob

PizzaBob

Silica always goes in first before everything else. It doesn't like to mix into nutrient solutions.

Just to help you out for compatibility:
View attachment 858727
Not if it’s MSA. I have grow genius and it’s 40 % MSA. They state that yes is potassium silicate then yes must go first but it MSA at end is ok. Believe that to be the strongest on market.

Latest posts

Top Bottom