Plant Growth During Flowering

• Thread starter Disco Duck
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
D

Disco Duck

I have some plants that don't seem like they are ever going to stop growing. Is it just that they slow down during flowering but will continue to grow until they are cut down? I was under the impression that there is a "stretch" period for 2 or 3 weeks and then they stop growing taller and just grow buds. But that isn't happening. At the end of week 4 of flowering they have just slowed to 1/2" per day instead of 1" per day. The plants are now under 14" from the light and show no sign of ever slowing more than 1/4" per day. So can someone please answer these questions...

1) Will the plants ever stop getting taller or will they keep growing a little taller every day until I cut them down?

2) How close can they really get to the light? I was going with 18" but they are at 14" now and still not burning or wilting at all.

3) What would be the best way to tie them down to the net, should I just bend them down and tie them, or "supercrop" the branch to bend it?

It's going to become a big mess if I have to start tying everything down, I'm hoping they will actually stop growing taller soon. I was told they "almost double" in flowering but I am already at about 2.5X their starting size.

D

Disco Duck

wow disco.... what strain is this your running??

It's what is called "pure Lamb's Bread", but that actually means it is Lamb's Bread x Skunk #1 which is apparently the closest strain out there to the original Jamaican Lamb's Bread. It is a popular strain in Denver, I chose it because I like it a lot and they said it is particularly resistant to bugs which I was worried about as a first time grower.

They also said it "about doubles", but I am way past that. Can anyone answer the questions in the first post, most importantly will they stop growing taller at some point or have I been misinterpreting that and they will always keep getting taller?

P

paulycali

Plants can stretch all the way to week 6 imo. You can start bending them over. Even just the main cola. Squeeze twist and bend into place. What kind of light are you using? You can also place your light as close as possible as long as the temps are in check. Put a hygrometer or just a temp gauge on the top of your canopy. You can attach it to the plant. Lower the light as much as you can till you get an optimal or satisfied temp range

Top Bottom