Wierdos 2
Wierdos 3
Strain: Pineapple x Trainwreck
Temp: Day 75-80F, Night 65-70F
RH: Day 40-45, Night 35-40
Sunshine #4
Mills Nutrients
Ogbiowar tea

I just raised the pots off the ground with 2x4's. I am thinking they look droopy/dried out because of the low RH. Is this normal for them to look droopy and slow growth? I am familiar with vapor pressure deficit and I know if I am running the room at 75-80, the humidity should be 65-75. I am assuming this is why my plants are acting strange but I want to hear it from someone else that has more knowledge.

Thanks
DH

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Look over watered to me. VPD is not your issue I'm willing to bet. I run outside of specified VPD spectrums and do ok.
Best of luck.
Peace

Ps. Plants look pretty nice. How long have they been in those pots? And how big are those pots?

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

@ShroomKing Actually I just gave them some water because they were feeling light. The two pots on the left are 10 gallons, and the one on the right is either a 15 or 20. They haven't been in those pots for more than 4 weeks I want to say. Going to throw a trellis over them and then flower probably in 2-3 weeks. So I will give the 10 gallons a transplant in a week or two. And thank you sir! I moved them from a bigger room that was more humid to this one and they have been drooping for past 2 days.

Ordered an Ultrasonic Mist Maker

Going to set that up when it gets here and raise humidity to 60-70.

Thanks for stopping by!

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

@M Cunningham I have not checked the runoff pH.. How would I go about that with the set up I have? Spill trays? Also I think the purple stems is from cold nights. These were pulled from a room that dropped down to low 60's at night. Even with a space heater in it. I need to seal that room to fix the problem. How could I go about checking soil for pathogens?

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Yep they were like that before I raised them. I have gorilla glue under 1 light and it is praying. Then there is the pineapple and it is droopy. Even after I raised them off floor. 9 hours into the 18, and temps are 78 rh 55. I have 5 towels soaking wet in there now. It is helping the RH. But pineapple are still droopy. I will give it a day or two and if nothing changes I will check runoff next water.

Thanks
DH

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Well they woke up this morning a tad bit happier. Still kind of droopy and leaves are soft to the touch. I just sprayed them down with a light humic / sea green foliar. Interested to see how they respond to the combo. Usually when I hit plants with this combo, they start praying. I will take some pictures later today after I turn lights back on. (I left overhead lights on)

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Plants are doing much better. I think they were shocked from moving them into a different environment. Have the room at 80F day with 60% RH. The single light is Gorilla Glue #4. As soon as the trellis is full they'll be ready for flower. Ill try and snap a few pictures when they finish!

DH
IMG 0093 2
IMG 0094 2
IMG 0095 2
IMG 0096 2
IMG 0097 2
IMG 0098 2
IMG 0099 2

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Yes sir! Michigan winters are brutal. Wind chill -14 and super dry..
Here is the version I built of the humidifer I posted above. It is a 6 head Ultrasonic Mist Maker. I cut 2 4" holes, one for extake, and one for intake. The 6 head pumps out 2800ml per hour, so I split my prefilter line that runs to my RO and stuck that in a float valve in the side of the tote. I can't show you inside the tote because I had some side leaks from the lid, so I had to tape it on. I have the system plugged into my timer for my lights, so its on when lights are on and off when lights are off.

IMG 0102 2
IMG 0100 2
IMG 0103 2

IMG 0101 2
dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Do what you gotta do.. Today was first day of bloom. Just fed em ogbiowar and sprayed em with caps Magic Bullet. Will get picture in morning. Day temps are ~80 and night temps are ~74. Tight nodes city. Constant ~60 RH.

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Bloom day 1:
Gorilla Glue #4:
IMG 0105 2
IMG 0109 2
IMG 0115 2
IMG 0110 2

Pineapple Trainwreck:
IMG 0106 2
IMG 0107 2
IMG 0112 2
IMG 0113 2
IMG 0114 2
IMG 0111 2

Day high: 79
Night low: 76
RH high: 70
RH low: 60

Moved the humidifier outside the room. Ran it next to the intake so it would get dispersed better.
IMG 0108 2
IMG 0104 2

DH

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

@Nickracer9
I like to keep my A and B and R around 4ml for young veg plants, until they start to show that they are more hungry. Then I usually bump up my A and B to around 5-7 keeping R the same. I will also mix in 1ml per gallon Heavy 16 Prime, for vigorousness. Also use Sea Green at 1ml about 3-4 times a week, after my nutes are mixed and pHed. Every Sunday I have been using OGBiowar tea. I just mix my nutes to around 400 ppm and then add 1 cup of tea per gallon of nutes. Also on tea day, I like to supplement in fulpower, so I know my plants will be eating properly. I have also been foliar feeding twice a week too!

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

Bloom day 9
Temps: 80-70F
RH: 50-60

Pineapple Trainwreck
IMG 0119 2

Gorilla Glue #4
The stretch will continue until about day 21.
IMG 0120 2
IMG 0121 2
IMG 0122 2
IMG 0123 2

N

Nickracer9

Thanks for the response Dh. Making the switch over to coco myself and running mills too! Do you run any cal/mag sup and how often are you feeding?

dankemhunter

dankemhunter

@Nickracer9
Well I foliar feed once a week with Bloom Khaos, which is a calcium facilitator so I supplement a cal/mag product the feed after that. Mills base has plenty of cal/mag in it so there is no need to use any. Just up your base if you start to see deficiencies. Also I learned that in veg for coco, you must let it go through dry cycles and build a root system before you can start feeding it every day. This is where OGBiowar plays a huge part. My roots explode in coco when I feed them OGBiowar, which reduces the time it takes before I can start watering once a day. I usually go clone to solo cup, to 1/2 gal, to 3 or 5 gal depending on how big I want them. Then when youre 3 or 5 gal's have developed a hgue root mass, you can start multifeeding a day. At this point I like to keep em wet, with like 10% runoff a day. So I feed em like 6 times a day, for one minute, or whatever your pump can hold. These girls in this feed are in 10 gallon Sunshine #4 soil FYI. But if you have the height to run tables, or something where you can control the runoff for coco, I would highly suggest using coco. Much more explosive growth. You can run coco tables with low ceilings with small plants also. Keep asking questions if you'd like. Teaching helps me remember things better!

Good Luck,
DH

N

Nickracer9

Just started running the og biowar teas and foliar spraying with it too. Now switching into flower, how do you like to run the a/b/c4/pk? Do u follow the mills feeding schedule or prefer lighter ppm but more frequent waterings? Thanks again Dh!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom