Plants aren't flushing properly, can I flush quickly by lowering ph to 4 or lower?

• Thread starter gorillaglueaaron
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
My plants are almost ready to harvest and maybe I flushed too late because there are no signs of nutrient deficiency. The point of flushing is to starve the plant of all it's nutrients so I was thinking couldn't I lower the ph of the water to a point where the plant can't absorb any nutrients. If so lmk quickly! thanks.

FourthCity

FourthCity

My plants are almost ready to harvest and maybe I flushed too late because there are no signs of nutrient deficiency. The point of flushing is to starve the plant of all it's nutrients so I was thinking couldn't I lower the ph of the water to a point where the plant can't absorb any nutrients. If so lmk quickly! thanks.
No, that is a bad idea. If you have been tapering off your nutrients then you will be fine, you dont want to starve your plants at any point in the grow. Flushing is only necessary if you have to correct a buildup of excess nutrients which ideally would be avoided in the first place.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
No, that is a bad idea. If you have been tapering off your nutrients then you will be fine, you dont want to starve your plants at any point in the grow. Flushing is only necessary if you have to correct a buildup of excess nutrients which ideally would be avoided in the first place.
about a week ago I ran water through the soil until the runoff ppm was 550 but over the pst week is somehow rose to 1000 even though I was only watering it with 150ppm water. Just now, I ran around 6 or 7 gallons through it and got the run off ppm down to 290, 90% of the trichomes are milky. do you think this will have any effect?

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
It's day 25 o flush now and still no signs of deficiencies, I've been using distilled water and the runoff is 80ppm. Now can I lower ph? I don't know what else I can do. I've flushed 40+ gallons of water through the soil, I have no idea why my plant is so stubborn.

gorillaglueaaron

gorillaglueaaron

🦍
Supporter
Ok so it's now day 32 of flush and I'm finally slightly starting to see deficiencies I think?
Leaf yellow

Top Bottom