Plants budding too early??

• Thread starter mcerdajr
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mcerdajr

mcerdajr

OK, so i'm a begginer, i have 5 plants growing outdoors. two chemdawg4's and 3 gdp's. The chemdawg4's are around their 10th week im guessing? i got them ass clones, thing is that it seems as if they've stopped growing, and they're now budding and its not even june yet, theyre supposed to start flowering later in the year right? can someone help me out? ill provide pictures if you need it.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You changed the photoperiod to the point that it's spurred flowering. That's the difficult thing about using clones instead of seed starts, because in order to stop that flowering it's helpful to use an interrupted photoperiod. You could just do light deprivation on them and let them continue to flower out as they should.

S

SLO Grown

Number one rule with clones to the outdoor is plant June 1. Remember clones are mature plants and ready to flower once they have correct photo period.

mcerdajr

mcerdajr

ok, sooo basically i have no choice but to flower them right? so pretty much do something like take em outside to the light everyday at 6 am and bring it into the dark everyday at 6pm ?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Or you could do light deprivation and cover them up so they get that 12 hours of darkness. There are a couple of ways to skin this cat. I use an interrupted photoperiod so I can put my cuts out earlier than June 1, and it (mostly) works. Also, seed starts don't do this normally, although last year I experienced early flowering of all my seed starts, and I wasn't the only one.

You could also push nitrogen REALLY hard, and along with triacontanol (one of the compounds in alfalfa, use meal or hay and make a tea) and that will help spur vegetative growth.

Latest posts

Top Bottom