Plants Flowering Under 18/6 Light Cycle?

• Thread starter gringomike
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
gringomike

gringomike

Hello guys, so here is the situation. We started some big cheese and mango/mandarin seeds we got from a chilean seed bank, pic attached. Lights have been on 18/6 for about 2 months into veg. My buddy was out of town for a few days and when he came back he showed me these pics of both the big cheese looking like 2 weeks into budding, only 1 of 2 mango popped but it is doing fine with no signs of flowers. I realize they got too close to the lights by the curling. They were under a 400mh but we are now switching to leds as the room was getting pretty hot as our ac unit is only in flower room. In the hottest time of year that room was getting to around 90f, luckily now it is cooling off some. My first instinct was that we somehow got big cheese autos on accident or maybe stress from being a little too hot. Although there are no signs of them being hermies, just budding.
Should we keep them in the mom room under the 18/6 cycle to finish them off and maybe add a 600w sodium? Or should we throw them in the flower room and put them on 12/12?
Also so we even bother to take any clones at this point from them?? Kind of bummed because we wanted to keep both strains going. I am currently out of the country and just going by pics as well so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Plants flowering under 186 light cycle
Plants flowering under 186 light cycle 2
Plants flowering under 186 light cycle 3
Toaster79

Toaster79

Stress induced or autos with mites? Do you have a 60x scope to check for broad mite?

That's to close of a light alright.

Plant's are stressed, that induced flowering. Pot probably too small and heat on top of it. Keep her on this schedule and shell go Bruce on you too.

gringomike

gringomike

How long have your leaves looked like that..?
My buddy was out of town 4 days, they were fine when he left but got too close over the weekend i assume. Light has been raised and temps have dropped in the room since then as well.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Never heard of stress turning plant to flower , hmm going to say more of a auto strain , plants just don't flower under 18/6
It does... Had one last month. It was even sitting in a pot with 2 other plants and only it flipped... Nuts all over it

gringomike

gringomike

That's to close of a light alright.

Plant's are stressed, that induced flowering. Pot probably too small and heat on top of it. Keep her on this schedule and shell go Bruce on you too.
Plants are in homemade 5 gallon bucket systems with top water feed, we had CO2 going to counter balance the heat but our regulator kept freezing up. Luckily now it has just started cooling off. Would you suggest keeping them on the same 18/6 schedule with heat problem down or moving them into 12/12 under the hps's? We would really like to get some clones off these if still possible. And sorry I don't get the "bruce" reference lol

gringomike

gringomike

It does... Had one last month. It was even sitting in a pot with 2 other plants and only it flipped... Nuts all over it
Yeah well my thoughts would be if it was stress induced it would be hermie but they have no male flowers so that is good at least. Not too sure about this seed bank, could have been autos for all I know. They had professional packaging but I could only find a facebook page and no reply from them yet.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Yeah well my thoughts would be if it was stress induced it would be hermie but they have no male flowers so that is good at least. Not too sure about this seed bank, could have been autos for all I know. They had professional packaging but I could only find a facebook page and no reply from them yet.
Not all the time..the plant can just stress to male or female... A hermie is a plant that starts a sex then show the other too... Hermaphrodite.... Like bruce jenner

gringomike

gringomike

Stress induced or autos with mites? Do you have a 60x scope to check for broad mite?
We did have a problem with white flies but mostly in the flower room. Luckily my buddy was able to score some neem oil on his trip home. We have a little usb microscope, i will have him take a closer look for mites.

gringomike

gringomike

Not all the time..the plant can just stress to male or female... A hermie is a plant that starts a sex then show the other too... Hermaphrodite.... Like bruce jenner
I see, but would 90 degrees only a couple hours a day be enough to stress them? And if it was stress induced should we just go with it and finish them at 12/12?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Not all the time..the plant can just stress to male or female... A hermie is a plant that starts a sex then show the other too... Hermaphrodite.... Like bru
Plants are in homemade 5 gallon bucket systems with top water feed, we had CO2 going to counter balance the heat but our regulator kept freezing up. Luckily now it has just started cooling off. Would you suggest keeping them on the same 18/6 schedule with heat problem down or moving them into 12/12 under the hps's? We would really like to get some clones off these if still possible. And sorry I don't get the "bruce" reference lol
Bruce won a gold medal for running fast... Then bruce met a crazy bitch called kardashian... Then bruce decided to cut his dick off(shes thats bad). Bruce is now a boy and girl. The end.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
I see, but would 90 degrees only a couple hours a day be enough to stress them? And if it was stress induced should we just go with it and finish them at 12/12?
Idk... Im not jesus.. But thats why your leaves are all jacked.. 90 is a bit much... I have plants grow at 100 but you probably use a lot more nutes than me.

gringomike

gringomike

Not all the time..the plant can just stress to male or female... A hermie is a plant that starts a sex then show the other too... Hermaphrodite.... Like bru

Bruce won a gold medal for running fast... Then bruce met a crazy bitch called kardashian... Then bruce decided to cut his dick off(shes thats bad). Bruce is now a boy and girl. The end.
LMAO I get it now. Luckily being out of the country the last few years I am not exposed to all the shit TV like the kardashians etc

Homesteader

Homesteader

Broad mite leaf curl is becoming more and more common. This could be the start of that although it still doesn't fully add to me. I am guessing that their seedstock got nutted by an auto. Switch it to 24 and see if it keeps flowering?

gringomike

gringomike

Idk... Im not jesus.. But thats why your leaves are all jacked.. 90 is a bit much... I have plants grow at 100 but you probably use a lot more nutes than me.
yeah the leaves have already uncurled since he raised the light. I am going to have him just keep them in the mom room under leds and see what happens. If they don't revert back to veg after a week or two we will put them under an HPS.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
yeah the leaves have already uncurled since he raised the light. I am going to have him just keep them in the mom room under leds and see what happens. If they don't revert back to veg after a week or two we will put them under an HPS.
If you really need it to try and go back to veg throw it under 24 hour light... Doesnt take a lot... Just constant light. But when some start its hard to get them to flip back

gringomike

gringomike

Broad mite leaf curl is becoming more and more common. This could be the start of that although it still doesn't fully add to me. I am guessing that their seedstock got nutted by an auto. Switch it to 24 and see if it keeps flowering?
Yeah, I think that might be the best option for now. I will have him change out the MH for LEDs and up the lights to 24hrs and wait and see. I really wish we had a basement to grow in to help with the temps in the summer. Light bill is already pretty steep even with rigging the meter 2 weeks a month lol

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Damn! What's the temps between you're light and you're canopy dude, you're heat stressing the fuck out of you're plants.
If you're plants are budding with that much day light hours then you've got Auto Flower plants man, no other way around it or you're light schedule is going dark when u don't realize it! Stress doesn't induce flowering either lmao!!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom