• Thread starter ArmedGeek
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
What happened with the AC?
I figured it out. My dumb ass was running a faulty extension cord which was causing resistance. This was causing my breaker to pop. Moved ac and plugged directly into outlet. Hasn’t popped in 4 days and room is pretty dialed in thus far.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Cause it's just the way Ive always done things ok!!? Stop asking questions!😅🤣

Have you heard of gaslighting or 6/2 method? Lots of interesting ways to light the plants. I'm curious too about the 17/7, Power savings is good.
Side note: check this out. Have you heard if this.

ALTERNATIVE: 6-2?
Currently trending is the new 6-2 alternative vegetative growth lighting schedule. Three of these light-dark cycles per 24-hour period means the cannabis plant receives the same total 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness as a conventional 18-6. Moreover, this is a viable option as photoperiod cannabis needs a continuous 12 hours of darkness to bloom. The thinking being, those brief 2-hour intervals of darkness give the plant a chance to rest and process CO₂ more effectively. Also, 6-2 avoids light saturation and is potentially a more effective light-dark cycle for photosynthesis.
6 on 2 off 6 on 2 off 6 on 2 off. = 18/6

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Side note: check this out. Have you heard if this.

ALTERNATIVE: 6-2?
Currently trending is the new 6-2 alternative vegetative growth lighting schedule. Three of these light-dark cycles per 24-hour period means the cannabis plant receives the same total 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness as a conventional 18-6. Moreover, this is a viable option as photoperiod cannabis needs a continuous 12 hours of darkness to bloom. The thinking being, those brief 2-hour intervals of darkness give the plant a chance to rest and process CO₂ more effectively. Also, 6-2 avoids light saturation and is potentially a more effective light-dark cycle for photosynthesis.
6 on 2 off 6 on 2 off 6 on 2 off. = 18/6
It's a cool concept.. but I'd need more on/off thingys for my timer lol.

william76

william76

Think that's taking it a bit to far,we are trying to mimic natural conditions . 76

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Think that's taking it a bit to far,we are trying to mimic natural conditions . 76
I think we are trying to create ideal conditions. If I want to mimic natural conditions I would dim my lights every other day for cloudy, water completely irregularly, and bring in a whole bunch of bugs from outside...nah.

6/2 might be strange and new and not "right " but especially in this day and age let's keep minds open to new ideas 😁

MHippie

MHippie

Supporter
I think we are trying to create ideal conditions. If I want to mimic natural conditions I would dim my lights every other day for cloudy, water completely irregularly, and bring in a whole bunch of bugs from outside...nah.

6/2 might be strange and new and not "right " but especially in this day and age let's keep minds open to new ideas 😁

I still veg 24/7 like the old school guy I am. Mommas go under 18/6. Flowering is the sun outside for 12, soap spray every 3 days. All is well. Would live to see a grow diary with this new crazy shit.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Key word in your comment is “trying.” I’m not one to pawn ideas off on another but I’ll try everything at least once.

Great reply.
“Those who cannot change their mind cannot change anything.”-George Bernard Shaw

Anthem

Anthem

I figured it out. My dumb ass was running a faulty extension cord which was causing resistance. This was causing my breaker to pop. Moved ac and plugged directly into outlet. Hasn’t popped in 4 days and room is pretty dialed in thus far.
Burnz it is all part of the learning process. Next time you will look at things differently.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

How big is the AC? Mine draws a ton of power, I had to use 12 guage romex wire to make an extension cord for it. A regular off the shelf 14-16 guage extension cord isnt big enough for the power draw on an AC without giving tons of resistance and overheating.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
How big is the AC? Mine draws a ton of power, I had to use 12 guage romex wire to make an extension cord for it. A regular off the shelf 14-16 guage extension cord isnt big enough for the power draw on an AC without giving tons of resistance and overheating.
8000btu. I believe it was 14 gauge. Definitely felt the extension cord heating up. I bypassed any cord and went straight to the controller. Everything is gravy now.

J3RZEEAUTOFLOWERGROWER

J3RZEEAUTOFLOWERGROWER

My plants also have dirt around the base of the plant.

Haa

QuindariousGooch

QuindariousGooch

By running 15/9 a couple days before flip decreases the time to start bud set and the plants don't seem to slow down.

QuindariousGooch

QuindariousGooch

This is the natural cycle...nothing wrong with them. Here is a time-lapse of a week in veg....every day they go through that cycle.
View attachment 1023828
I wonder if you did your last watering 1 clock-hour later than you currently do if this would stop?
For example:
If you now water at 2pm try moving it to 3 or 3:30.

It might mean that the max DPI or Saturation Point of the plant is dependent on root zone moisture levels. You might even see the drooping leaves action move to just before the final watering... now that would have me doing a side-by-side ASAP.

Thank you for the time lapse... super helpful!
Cheers,
Quindarious

Flexnerb

Flexnerb

By running 15/9 a couple days before flip decreases the time to start bud set and the plants don't seem to slow down.
Have you done a comparison of doing a 24 dark period before flip versus a 15/9 for a couple days before flippin?

Last edited:
Top Bottom