Plants too tall to flip? Thoughts?

• Thread starter Siz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Siz

Siz

Week 7 of Veg
6 plants in a 4x8 tent

Worried theyre going to stretch a lot. I just topped them but Im not sure if I went low enough.

Plants too tall to flip thoughts
Plants too tall to flip thoughts 2

G

GreenNotYellow

those ladies are so nice you could build a treehouse on them haha :) Nothing to worry about they are doing great man! I would maaaaaybe give them just a little more water as soil looks little bit dryish. I mean you can leave it as it is as well, but just what would I do

Reactions: Siz
C

coloneljoint

Topping is a good call, man. As for stretching, it depends on your strain, but generally, they might still stretch a bit

H

hilbert

Dooood.

That looks AMAZING. Assume they will double in height. They are ready to go. My only suggestion to you is that unless you have access to all sides of the tent, invest in the Floraflex irrigation system or something similar. You back will thank you!

Seriously, looks great man. I have a similar setup but not near the patience to let my plants veg as long or as well as yours.

Siz

Siz

those ladies are so nice you could build a treehouse on them haha :) Nothing to worry about they are doing great man! I would maaaaaybe give them just a little more water as soil looks little bit dryish. I mean you can leave it as it is as well, but just what would I do

Thank you! Im in coco and Im watering everyday! I have a lot of airflow for the tent so the tops get and look dry quick hahaha!
Dooood.

That looks AMAZING. Assume they will double in height. They are ready to go. My only suggestion to you is that unless you have access to all sides of the tent, invest in the Floraflex irrigation system or something similar. You back will thank you!

Seriously, looks great man. I have a similar setup but not near the patience to let my plants veg as long or as well as yours.

Thanks a lot! I just got the floraflex drainage and my next move was irrigation but I have to figure out the drainage before i move on.

It doesnt seem to drain correctly. Idk if my ground isnt level or what but ive tried 5 different pumps. From ac condensate to sump to inline and it wont work -__-

Been driving me crazy because i STILL use a wetvac and my back is NOT liking it.

Any experience with the drainage?

H

hilbert

Any experience with the drainage?
YES. I actually DO have some. I found that until I raised my pots a couple inches, the system didn't drain for SHIT. I ended up having some old plastic shelves that you assemble yourself that I took apart and used the shelf parts as a kinda of "riser" for the plants. Then I used a low profile "LITTLE GIANT" condensate pump. This is the one I have....

Basically, If you build a platform to raise your pots, say, 3 inches, you can use one of these condensate pumps to pump your overflow wherever you need.

If you check my profile, I think I have a close up shot of my pump and riser in my grow journal.

Siz

Siz

YES. I actually DO have some. I found that until I raised my pots a couple inches, the system didn't drain for SHIT. I ended up having some old plastic shelves that you assemble yourself that I took apart and used the shelf parts as a kinda of "riser" for the plants. Then I used a low profile "LITTLE GIANT" condensate pump. This is the one I have....

Basically, If you build a platform to raise your pots, say, 3 inches, you can use one of these condensate pumps to pump your overflow wherever you need.

If you check my profile, I think I have a close up shot of my pump and riser in my grow journal.

Yeah that was my last resort. I was also thinking of cutting the connectors to the tubes so they are sitting off the ground.

I did it all last minute now im about to go into flower… feeling a little fked! Hahaha

might also get a 3x6 tray and scrap the floraflex this run.

I did a lot of last minute stuff this isnt going to be my permanent setup. Im testing pot sizes right now but eventually want to grow 3 plants in the 4x8 area. For bigger nugs and easier canopy management when in flower. My space is tight hahaa

H

hilbert

Anything bigger than a VERY narrow 7 gallon and you will be too big for the floraflex anyway. And if you are gonna only do 3 plants in your 4x8 area, you are probably gonna want pots that are bigger than 7 gallon.

If you are only going to have 3 pots in your tent, you should look into airpots. I just put 6 of the 5 gallon version into my 4x4 and the difference in growth between that and the traditional pots is amazing.

Siz

Siz

Anything bigger than a VERY narrow 7 gallon and you will be too big for the floraflex anyway. And if you are gonna only do 3 plants in your 4x8 area, you are probably gonna want pots that are bigger than 7 gallon.

If you are only going to have 3 pots in your tent, you should look into airpots. I just put 6 of the 5 gallon version into my 4x4 and the difference in growth between that and the traditional pots is amazing.

I was thinking of airpots. If I go 3 plants I will use a 10gal pot.

Right now im using 5 gal fabric pots, suppose to be similar in concept but I heard airpots are much better

H

hilbert

I was thinking of airpots. If I go 3 plants I will use a 10gal pot.

Right now im using 5 gal fabric pots, suppose to be similar in concept but I heard airpots are much better
I have 6-5 gallon airpots (technically they are just root pruning pots cause I didn't want to pay for name brand) in my 4x4 right now and I am noticing a LOT more growth from those plants than the 30"x60" with 3 running in the old classic black 5 gallon plastic pot. They ARE all different strains so there is that to consider. I have not tried the fabric pots but I have also heard they are similar in concept to the airpots.

Looks like they are working pretty good for you tough right now.

Siz

Siz

I have 6-5 gallon airpots (technically they are just root pruning pots cause I didn't want to pay for name brand) in my 4x4 right now and I am noticing a LOT more growth from those plants than the 30"x60" with 3 running in the old classic black 5 gallon plastic pot. They ARE all different strains so there is that to consider. I have not tried the fabric pots but I have also heard they are similar in concept to the airpots.

Looks like they are working pretty good for you tough right now.

Yeah all trial and error just trying stuff out hahaha. I wish I had more room 🥴

H

hilbert

Yeah all trial and error just trying stuff out hahaha. I wish I had more room 🥴
Dude...1 tent turns into 2, turns into 3, turns into 5...

Then the wife wants her stupid basement bedroom back because her family is coming to visit but there is no fucking way so they all sleep in the garage on cots.

It's fine...

Siz

Siz

Switched out the floraflex for a botanicare tray. Ill go back eventually just gotta set it up right from the get go

The tray is nice because I dont have to worry about spills or drips

78C91914 C851 4CD7 972C 86EF2808268A
89904E06 004C 43A1 9C18 1908A0746AEC

O

OhRose

7 gallon pots of coco? Gonna be some big girls.

2 gallon pot filling out 3x3. (1.66 square foot less than a third of 4x8). It would be filling it betterthan it is, but it only had about 2x1.5 up until three seconds or third week of bloom. They overgrew and I had to buy more tents. So by the time they got here, growth was not optimal. I pruned admit half the growth because it wasn't where I needed.

Anyway, point is this lady would have had no problem filling the space, had that been the plan from the start. Still ~7 weeks to go. It might end up more full than I think anyway.

Coco = cheat mode. You can only water so often in soil or they suffocate. You can water coco 20 times a day and grow a pound in a shot glass(I know, not really. Just hyperbole). Now for my organic soil tent I'm building, I got a 65 gallon cloth pot for the same plant in the same size tent.

Killer A5 Haze from Ace, in case anyone is wondering. And I snapped this as the CMH was just turning on, it's not actually neon green.

20240205 145647
Siz

Siz

7 gallon pots of coco? Gonna be some big girls.

2 gallon pot filling out 3x3. (1.66 square foot less than a third of 4x8). It would be filling it betterthan it is, but it only had about 2x1.5 up until three seconds or third week of bloom. They overgrew and I had to buy more tents. So by the time they got here, growth was not optimal. I pruned admit half the growth because it wasn't where I needed.

Anyway, point is this lady would have had no problem filling the space, had that been the plan from the start. Still ~7 weeks to go. It might end up more full than I think anyway.

Coco = cheat mode. You can only water so often in soil or they suffocate. You can water coco 20 times a day and grow a pound in a shot glass(I know, not really. Just hyperbole). Now for my organic soil tent I'm building, I got a 65 gallon cloth pot for the same plant in the same size tent.

Killer A5 Haze from Ace, in case anyone is wondering. And I snapped this as the CMH was just turning on, it's not actually neon green.

5 gals and I hand feed 1 time daily to runoff. I dont have drippers setup.

O

OhRose

5 gals and I hand feed 1 time daily to runoff. I dont have drippers setup.
I am in the same boat. Really need to figure out that dripper setup. I'm only running my nutes at half strength. Not super dosing.

Top Bottom