Plants Treated For Mites Are Dying

• Thread starter rramos94
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rramos94

I recently had a mite problem and someone told me to use dish soap with neem but now my plants have these brown spots and they are turning yellow from the inside out, small new growth, any help would be appreciated.. white widow under 1000w light 5 gal pots FoFOF soil 4 week veg.

P

PharmHand

What kinda dish soap you use? I've never had good luck with oil sprays of any kind always get some phyto toxicity burning. I tried Einstein oil a few times years ago after my friend pushed it on me , followed his directions to a t: warm water initially, used a hand blender and plenty of wetting agent to emulsify and still got burnt spots. Fuck that shit, in the trash it went...... On the other hand azamax which is essentially the active ingredient in neem purified and concentrated works awesome without the phyto tox issues. Smells nice too

R

rramos94

im going nutz seeing my girls this way, they looked beautiful until about last week that i notice like a little tiny spider jumping around, and FGnats, now all new growth is yellow, small, wilted and theres brown spots on older leaves and It was weird how the yellow advanced, from the base of leaf out??.. I heard azamax works well for drenching out larvae, a friend suggested spinosad? Ima post some pics of soap nd plants..

Dunge

Dunge

I know Dawn is a detergent, and is not a soap.
At this point, it is the prime suspect.

So, they grow out of it or they don't.
I think they will, and your garden will take a three week hit.

Keep us updated please.

Hackerman

Hackerman

Ditto what Dunge said. I read all the time online how people use detergent in place of soap. I cringe every time.

Here's a little info I found on a quick search... http://www.gardenmyths.com/dish-soap-damage-your-plants/

As for the mites, I am totally chemical free so when I got mites a few months back, I tried predator mites for the first time. Worked great. Never had to spray anything anywhere. I was a month into flowering so I didn't even want to use soap.

Predator mites will be they way I go from now on.

You might try spraying some fresh clean water on the leaves to wash off the detergent. Then just wait and hope.

On the other side, the new growth looks more affected than the old big leaves. Hopefully, it's not a pH problem.

Good luck and green mojo.

Monster762

Monster762

I’m no pro but I would flush. Do you still see bugs? If so the neem alone will work. I use neem for everything bug related. So far 100% successful. I almost needed a day or 2 ago cause I saw bugs jumping all in my soil. Come to find out they are good bugs. I’ve had gnats and neem killed mine. Big thing is keeping top of your soil dry. Or you can layer sand on top. They won’t nest in it. 1-2 inches

Monster762

Monster762

I’m no pro but I would flush. Do you still see bugs? If so the neem alone will work. I use neem for everything bug related. So far 100% successful. I almost needed a day or 2 ago cause I saw bugs jumping all in my soil. Come to find out they are good bugs. I’ve had gnats and neem killed mine. Big thing is keeping top of your soil dry. Or you can layer sand on top. They won’t nest in it. 1-2 inches
And clean the leaves as stated above.

R

rramos94

Ditto what Dunge said. I read all the time online how people use detergent in place of soap. I cringe every time.

Here's a little info I found on a quick search... http://www.gardenmyths.com/dish-soap-damage-your-plants/

As for the mites, I am totally chemical free so when I got mites a few months back, I tried predator mites for the first time. Worked great. Never had to spray anything anywhere. I was a month into flowering so I didn't even want to use soap.

Predator mites will be they way I go from now on.

You might try spraying some fresh clean water on the leaves to wash off the detergent. Then just wait and hope.

On the other side, the new growth looks more affected than the old big leaves. Hopefully, it's not a pH problem.

Good luck and green mojo.
Thats what I forgot to do, wash off the dish soap, when I remembered It was too late.. Yeah about the pH, The first 2 weeks I was using one of those kits with the vial and drip solution it was goin good but then I bought a pH pen I always aim for 6-6.5,, so my pen reads 6.5 this one day but I had a feeling so I did another test but with the vial solution and it came way lower than the pen it was color orange 5.0, i dont know why if I always calibrate that pen

zeNeTixGeNre

zeNeTixGeNre

You can't mix neem with soap

Neem doesn't need a emulsifier

Your wasting time trying to get those plants healthy again at best they will underperform in flower.

Cut your losses and your plants and start again in a bleached clean bug free enviroment

Krypto

Krypto

I'd get my hands on new plants, but that's just me.
That's where I'm at with these damn spider mite s... lucky for us Harle-Tsu, OG Ringo, Sour Chiesel, and Stardog F2 are fine. But still losing ANY plant that I want to keep is a drag.

Organikz

Organikz

I recently had a mite problem and someone told me to use dish soap with neem but now my plants have these brown spots and they are turning yellow from the inside out, small new growth, any help would be appreciated.. white widow under 1000w light 5 gal pots FoFOF soil 4 week veg.
I'm going out on a limb and saying you sprayed with lights on. Plants like neem oil and should always respond positively. Quality neem oil does require an emulsifier. 10 drops of sweet orange oil will work as it's a solvent and you will also gain the contact killing power of d-limonene.

You should spray right at lights off. Even if you cannot see the oil it is sitting right in the outer layer of tissue. I tried 1.5 hours before lights on and still got some burn. The oil is also degraded very quickly by UV light so it is not effective.

Neemresource.com sells the highest quality neem oil pressed at the lowest temperatures possible. No chemicals or limonoids are destroyed in their cold press processing. They are family owned and operated. You can acquire their product through buildasoil.com also. I also like their neem cake. Same principle but because they press at cooler temps the cake still retains good amounts of quality oil.

Last edited:
R

rramos94

Thanks to everyone for the good advise well today exactly at 5:00 AM at lights on I came to check on my girls and I have to say cannabis is a strong plant,. I flushed them with 3% hydrogen peroxide at the rate of 2.5oz for 5 gal of water, i only gave 1/3 of that solution, then I gave them hygrozyme 40 ml every 5 gal thats 2/3 of the procedure, next y gave them some mycorrhizal fungi with some alfalfa meal, pure kelp, cal-max, hydroguard, and the secret ingredient SuperThrive lol thats 3/3 They are once again healthy green, the new growth is coming out betyer than ever and they are enjoying the stuff I gave them.. I know theres a lot of stuff i gave them and some might say It wasnt necessary but I saved my crop doing it this way thats all that matters to me.. thanks again ✌

Dunge

Dunge

I'm happy for your improved situation.
Please consider that of all the things you 'did', giving then a week to recover was likely what helped most.

R

rramos94

yes thats the key, even if u break one just tie it in place and in a couple days its back to normal... I also noticed that the plants I have on the side where the ballast(its outside the tent close to the vents) and all the ac/dc plugs are, and i also have a tower fan that has infrared well in that side i noticed the plants look more beat up than the ones I have on the other half of my tent those are bushy and bigger?? what do u think is affecting the other plants? can it be genetics since i have 2 different strains?? I have a feeling its that infrared fan or the ballast, if so I can definitely move things around...

R

rramos94

I'm going out on a limb and saying you sprayed with lights on. Plants like neem oil and should always respond positively. Quality neem oil does require an emulsifier. 10 drops of sweet orange oil will work as it's a solvent and you will also gain the contact killing power of d-limonene.

You should spray right at lights off. Even if you cannot see the oil it is sitting right in the outer layer of tissue. I tried 1.5 hours before lights on and still got some burn. The oil is also degraded very quickly by UV light so it is not effective.

Neemresource.com sells the highest quality neem oil pressed at the lowest temperatures possible. No chemicals or limonoids are destroyed in their cold press processing. They are family owned and operated. You can acquire their product through buildasoil.com also. I also like their neem cake. Same principle but because they press at cooler temps the cake still retains good amounts of quality oil.
yeah i did spray when the lights were still on

i sprayed them like 30 min before lights off, but i forgot to wash them out.. i think this somehow triggered a phosphorus overload because thats what it looked like i researched andwhen theres a phosphorus overload zinc, iron, and something else, i cant remember but these three elements lock out so its hard to tell what it is.. now i know not to play with dish soap

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Spider mites don' jump

Not can most ppl see spider mites with the naked eye. You can see a small for, thays about it.

Neem is just a shampoo for mites. Safer soap, mighty wash, wipe out, all work. Sns217 as well.

Don' use any soap that has antimicrobial properties, its kills living benies. I prefer baby shampoo

Krypto

Krypto

Spider mites don' jump

Not can most ppl see spider mites with the naked eye. You can see a small for, thays about it.

Neem is just a shampoo for mites. Safer soap, mighty wash, wipe out, all work. Sns217 as well.

Don' use any soap that has antimicrobial properties, its kills living benies. I prefer baby shampoo
Thanks fellas! I'll post a pic and show you what they did to my plant. Luckily it was towards the end of the cycle so I don't know how badly it messed them but it didn't kill 'em And I've got clones/SEEDLINGS IN QUARANTINE! JUST A FEW MORE DAYS ON THIS RUN AND I CAN GET IN THERE SANITIZE EVERYTHING KILL THOSE FUCKERS UP-CLOSE-AND-PERSONAL!

Latest posts

Top Bottom