Plants Won't Grow Why?

• Thread starter Hellno187
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hellno187

Hellno187

This is the first batch of baby clones I've tried, before this I did some teens with no issues (but they were tall and ready to flower). So I got these clones 3 days ago and put them in Fox Farms Ocean Forest last night and I haven't noticed any change in height. Am I just being impatient? Here's my set up I've got a Hydro Farm lamp with three Sun Blaster F24T5 HO 24w 6400k bulbs. I also make sure the water I give them is 5.0-5.9 ph and temp is 73-79 degrees at all times (hardly hit the extreme ends of that temp spectrum). So what am I doing wrong? Should I invest in some Fox Farms Kangaroot? I haven't yet because I'm not sure if I'll give them nutrient burn since their freshly planted in the FFOF soil. I attached a few pics to help illustrate my set up better. And BTW that light in the background isn't the one I'm using, mine is above the plants in the first pic. Any help is greatly appreciated since I'm a noob.
Plants wont grow why
Plants wont grow why 2
Plants wont grow why 3

Natural

Natural

I put my T5's about 6 inches above the plants. Might as well be using an incandesent bulb at the height you have them.
Keep an eye on them..they will dry out faster when you have the bulbs close.

Hellno187

Hellno187

I put my T5's about 6 inches above the plants. Might as well be using an incandesent bulb at the height you have them.
Keep an eye on them..they will dry out faster when you have the bulbs close.
OK so I have the lights too high then? I put them at that height to avoid heat and kinda induce the plants to grow up to them.

ShroomKing

ShroomKing

Best of luck. Peace
Good luck on your grow! I used to grow under T5s and you can lower them as close to the top of the plants as you are comfortable with. I keep my T5s 2-4inches from the top of plants. So drop them down. Also. Be patient. A plant can only grow proportional to its root/leaf mass. Those clone's need time to grow roots into the soil. And growing under t5 gives you a slower growth rate than with high intensity lighting, so a strain that takes 8 weeks normally might take 9 or 10 under T5s. And be ready to start feeding your plants some nutrients after a couple of weeks because that Fox Farm it only has enough to last about that long. also if you're feeding that Fox Farm ph.d. Water at 5.2 to 5.9 you're just a little bit on the low end, you might want to raise that up to about 6.2 to 6.5, it will help you in the long run since Fox Farm ocean forest tends to become more acidic overtime.
Peace

Hellno187

Hellno187

Good luck on your grow! I used to grow under T5s and you can lower them as close to the top of the plants as you are comfortable with. I keep my T5s 2-4inches from the top of plants. So drop them down. Also. Be patient. A plant can only grow proportional to its root/leaf mass. Those clone's need time to grow roots into the soil. And growing under t5 gives you a slower growth rate than with high intensity lighting, so a strain that takes 8 weeks normally might take 9 or 10 under T5s. And be ready to start feeding your plants some nutrients after a couple of weeks because that Fox Farm it only has enough to last about that long. also if you're feeding that Fox Farm ph.d. Water at 5.2 to 5.9 you're just a little bit on the low end, you might want to raise that up to about 6.2 to 6.5, it will help you in the long run since Fox Farm ocean forest tends to become more acidic overtime.
Peace
Thanks ShroomKing good to know, what kind of nutrients do you recommend for veg? I was looking at Fox Farms Grow Big, but if there's something better I'll use that.

Hellno187

Hellno187

Oh my t5 lights have 6400k bulbs an total watts for mine with all 8 bulbs going is 430 watts!
I see, well I've the same bulbs pretty much but only 3 instead of 8. So I have too little light is that what you're saying? You can see my set up above.

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Right the more watts means more lumens which helps your plant's be able to break down an uptake more food! I kinda had the same problems with the happy frog when I didn't have it under enough light they were growing slow! I'm just trying to get a better understanding is all of what might be going on is all! Keep us posted

Hellno187

Hellno187

Right the more watts means more lumens which helps your plant's be able to break down an uptake more food! I kinda had the same problems with the happy frog when I didn't have it under enough light they were growing slow! I'm just trying to get a better understanding is all of what might be going on is all! Keep us posted
Took your advice and set up the other two lights I had, thanks for the help. I just heard from a acquaintance of mine that has a large grow that I should give them like 5-7 days to recoup from transplanting into dirt before I worry about growth. He told me that it takes about 5-7 days for clone roots to get over the shock having the rockwool cube put in dirt. He also said that after a week or so if I still had growth issues I might want to add Kangaroot or something similar to stimulate root growth.

Hellno187

Hellno187

Well here's an update, I've seen some OK growth now in most of the plants, 2-3 still aren't growing much though. :(
I'm thinking about getting something like this, http://growgreenmi.com/grow-lights/t5-high-output-lighting/bulbs/ge-t5-starcoat-fluorescent-tubes .
Would 4 of these plus 2 of the 24w 2,000 lumen give my enough light to get these girls to around 3' of height? That's about the height I'm looking to achieve and I've read so many different opinions on lumen per plant ratio and the like to the point I'm not quite sure what would do the job without having to spend a lot more money. BTW I don't know why it looks that way in the photos (or at least it does to me) but the light is only about 2-3" from the tallest plant. Well I'm trying to post the pics but it's not working, I'll keep trying.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well here's an update, I've seen some OK growth now in most of the plants, 2-3 still aren't growing much though. :(
I'm thinking about getting something like this, http://growgreenmi.com/grow-lights/t5-high-output-lighting/bulbs/ge-t5-starcoat-fluorescent-tubes .
Would 4 of these plus 2 of the 24w 2,000 lumen give my enough light to get these girls to around 3' of height? That's about the height I'm looking to achieve and I've read so many different opinions on lumen per plant ratio and the like to the point I'm not quite sure what would do the job without having to spend a lot more money. BTW I don't know why it looks that way in the photos (or at least it does to me) but the light is only about 2-3" from the tallest plant. Well I'm trying to post the pics but it's not working, I'll keep trying.
Ooo.. 3' of canopy to penetrate...? Possibly, but I've never tried it myself.

M

motz

They look healthy and green. You need to bring those smaller ones up to the height as the bigger ones so stick a chunk of wood or whatever and get'em up there. The farther away you are from those lights the less effective they are, 1-1 1/2 inches is fine.
All the heat is in the metal housing. Just keep raising'em up everyday. Feel the bulbs.
Also like a little more humidity than what you have there, for example 50 to 60% humidity. For vegging only, like to lower it to where you're at now for flowering.
Heat looks fine, what do you have in there lights out though?
How does your medium feel is it cold, maybe throw a little heat mat under'em.
Are all clones from the same plant or multiple plants?
All points to take into consideration.

Hellno187

Hellno187

They look healthy and green. You need to bring those smaller ones up to the height as the bigger ones so stick a chunk of wood or whatever and get'em up there. The farther away you are from those lights the less effective they are, 1-1 1/2 inches is fine.
All the heat is in the metal housing. Just keep raising'em up everyday. Feel the bulbs.
Also like a little more humidity than what you have there, for example 50 to 60% humidity. For vegging only, like to lower it to where you're at now for flowering.
Heat looks fine, what do you have in there lights out though?
How does your medium feel is it cold, maybe throw a little heat mat under'em.
Are all clones from the same plant or multiple plants?
All points to take into consideration.

Good call I will find something to put under the pots of the smaller ones to get them closer to the light.
Doing my best to get the humidity in the right area it's about 54% or so right now, also trying to avoid fungus gnats (my buddy had those before).
No lights off period, have them under light 24/7 (know a few people who've successfully done the same and didn't read anything bad about it).
Soil doesn't feel cold and the room has never dropped below 72 deg.
No not all the same plant that could explain some growth differences.
Do you think it might be pot size, they've been in those pots straight from rockwool about 2 weeks ago?
Also do you think it's too soon to be considering something like Kangaroot to stimulate root growth?

Top Bottom