Hashish Connoisseur
Plasma Light Bulbs

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTGsM9pplUs[/YOUTUBE]

Aqua Lab Tech :character0180:

M

Mosca Negra

Breeder
Supporter
Sounds interesting! I'd love to get $40kk in venture capital!!

R

RansacktheElder

That looks like promising technology especially when they mention a similar intensity as the sun? That could be big for growing.

B

BITYmagicBeanz

yep nice. cant wait for these. will be trying these straight away. same spec as the sun. high lumens and less heat.. defontly ideal for growing plants

T

thc4sim

These sound the answer to all our problems!!! Outdoors indoors!
Same spectrum as the sun... mmmmmmm

I wonder how much these are going to cost? when available...

B

British_Hempire

The 730W LG Electronics on is 768.75 quid:

Go on Sim, get two of em, will rock in your space! lol

R

RansacktheElder

wow. Well, that price will have to come down a bit for me to try one. But, if it's popular, in five years it'll be affordable.

T

thc4sim

Ill have to wait a while, but lets just hope they come down soon as the bigger output units come on to the market.. and some other makers of them..

B

British_Hempire

Shame Tesla wasn't a pot head, he invented fluoros and discharge lighting and if he was a grower I'm sure he would have come up with something amazing for the job.

L

lovelightpower

I WANT ONE!

hey BH, your right mate.

have you seen any of the free energy machines based on teslars work.
i've seen one in real life, a guy i know makes them.
and i went to a talk on free energy. they showed several machines making different amounts of free energy. one they were putting in nanowatts and getting 500watts back, thats amazing. i was thinking 100watts more and i'd be happy, lol.

the energy created by the machine i saw (made by the guy i know) was radiant electric, basicly the energy we use at the minute (normal electric) is radiant electrics evil twin. radiant electric gives of a healing energy. normal electicity gives of harmful energy. i could explain more but it would take too long. look up "john bedini".

so if a free energy machine could be made to power a 600watt light or the plasma bulb, and it also gives out this health healing energy field (which i have felt experientialy, not just in theory) that is a recipe for some amazing crop i am talking here. this is the future of growing i reckon.

Dr CandyMan

Dr CandyMan

Breeder
Supporter
yeah i've been following this tech. for a while now. it looks like it might have a promising future.

B

British_Hempire

I don't think this Lg one has the added gas that gives extra red for growing as the colour temp is 6000K so this lamp would rock for vegging, I expect there will be a reddish 3000K one soon enough.

B

baggins

I was actually involved in a heated debate about this technology at another site. At www.plasma-i.com they made a claim of 547,000 lumens from a 1400w lamp. Only to turn around and state that it was a mathematically derived value. They further state that outputs are closer to 100,000 lumens from a 1000w lamp. About 100 lumen per watt is the current output. The spectral output has very little uv and is very low on the red spectrum which is used by hps for flowering. However, they did discuss a few articles that were relevant. The biotronics article compares cucumbers. The nasa article discusses using different compound in the plasma and changing spectrum.

View attachment GrowingEdge96.pdf View attachment PlantGrowth94.pdf
B

British_Hempire

HPS has very little red too, far less than folks realise, while HPS work, they aren't a very good solution at all. The best 1000w HPS are claimed to have 135000 lumens these days, but I think 100000 is more realistic. Also, HPS and MH have zero UV as the quartz glass envelope is designed to block UV, it is a requirement by law as UV is harmful. Plasma lights also use quartz envelopes so again, no UV.

No-one has ever been able to show any benefit to using UV, Sam skunkman did tests and could find no benefit, only a couple of folks like some dude with a really bad attitude at icmag and ot1 at uk420 claim to use UV light with good results, but they have never shown any data or comparisons. You can get a 400W UV lamp that will run in a normal HPS fixture and ballast, never seen anyone try using one of those yet.

Here's a typical HPS spectra, as you can see, no UV and little red.

EYE_HPS_conversion_graph.gif

N

nog

they may be the way forward but not at £800+, mind you if i could get a gov't grant or some of that funding for new technologies i would buy a few.

Top Bottom