plasma light

• Thread starter risen1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Well in the two days I have had mine running now I have noticed a much faster growth rate on the ladies, whilst maintaining a great node spacing.

From the 600w mhal to the 300 LEP... So far the LEP is winning for veg.

I will get shots up as soon as my net is back on.

convex

convex

Very curious about the plasma products myself, thanks for sharing!

Complete lack of info or journals out there ...

Cheers

R

Resin

we are a long way from plasma lights, sure the technology seems cool as hell and you get an awesome spectrum, but the plasma light costs a LOT and also u cannot replace the lamp. after the amount of hours its rated for, its toast.

C

Cali Grower

can't get something for nothing. Keep that in mind. We're talking energy out > energy in. I hear people saying Lumens don't matter, well that's just BS. Its a measurement of energy output which measure what's available to the plant. Spectrum is second to energy/power output/input into plant. period.

This is mainly incorrect. A measure of power is nothing if the power can't be converted into energy for proprietary use. The proprietary use here would be plant photosynthesis, and a plant cannot transform all spectrum of light into energy. The red spectrum is best for flowering, while blue is best for veg. Also, lumens dont measure whats available to the plant, a lights power in terms of its ability to support photosynthesis is measured in PAR (Photosynthetic Active Radiation). Hope that clears some things up for you. :cool0041:

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Plus after 30000 hours when your bulb does eventually fail..... Guess what.... It can be replaced.

OctoMouse

OctoMouse

Hey! Science, man: plants eat light.
They need 100% nutrition, right?
Sunlight renders 100 CRI. HPS renders 24 CRI. Chameleon Plasma is at 95 CRI.
What's an athlete that only consumes 24% of their nutrition.

There's a ton of publications on this Chameleon Plasma 500w light:

G

Grow Light

We are firm believers that the proper PAR Spectrum is the holy grail for plant growth and have a ton of research to that effect. Let's use an analogy; if you (as a human being) are required to have 100% of the Minimum Daily Requirements from each nutrient component and you were only receiving 21-24% (such as the case with HPS spectrum in relation to PAR) would you thrive as well as the human receiving 94-95% (such as the case with Plasma in relation to PAR). People will spend gobs of money on boutique nutrients and with little consideration to "Light as Nutrition". I would advocate that a well balanced diet of light, water & nutrients and C02 would net much healthier and productive plants (with higher percentages of cannabinoids) than only focusing only on liquid nutrients.
 CPGL Ad 1 20 2016 Concept
PAR   Plasm   HPS

Top Bottom