Playin With Fire

• Thread starter G gnome
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toaster79

Toaster79

had to do some thinnin out last night, needed a torch look up thier skirts. canopy was soo thick. all the fans from below stretched up through the canopy n sht. leaf stalks like 25cm long:(.
had gloves on but my arms got fkn nailed. these be the stickiest girls ive ever run and so early too.

Careful there! You might get trapped in there and never get out hahaha

Toaster79

Toaster79

Did I mention this purple haze going beast mode before

20180427 194939

Toaster79

Toaster79

You figured out a good lens or macro lens to take super good pictures of trichs? If I use my 70-300mm lens on macro mode I have to stand like 6 feet away, but thus far it's the best I can get. But still eh.

70-300 has 1:2 macro and the quality is crap. I bought that lens, gave it a spin and after 2 or so weeks I bought a second hand tamron 70-300VC without macro. I do have 40mm nikkor micro. It's a nice lens, really sharp but allows no distance. You need to get so close when shooting trichs that front element almost touches the plant. Not to my liking. Then I have a cheap Oshiro 60mm super macro 2:1 lens. Now this lens is tack sharp but the only downside is it's completely manual. So when shooting macro at f22 for example you barely see anything through it. I mean it takes great pictures, but without a tripod and live view you're doomed. And you still need to get so close that the front element almost touches the subject because of 2:1 ratio.

I'd recommend at least a 105mm lens even better 150mm or longer according to budget. You could get a 105 sigma for around $400 new or half the price used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom