• Thread starter G gnome
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wisher619

Wisher619

Nice flowers Stacks!
Ordered these thai pepper seeds from Thailand.
Pain in the ass 2 germinate.
Took 2 weeks in the covered dome.
there is a secret to popping chili seeds I have found
I stick them only slightly in the RW cube or riot plug allowing half to stick out and catch light
my seeds pop in about 3-5 days
when I covered them some would take weeks to pop

then I was talking to a professor of horticulture at my local college
we were talking chili peppers and I was having a tough time poppin some Chocolate Habenero's
he tells me
"well.....the way they germ in the wild is on top of the ground
birds eat them and shit them out
then they sit on top of the ground....a good rain come and wets them good.....then the heat comes and they pop"

so
I soak mine in water for 24 hours
then stick them half in half out of the cube
dome on
light on
heat mat on
3-5 days

Toaster79

Toaster79

I put them bell peppers/chilis in jiffies 3-5mm deep, under the dome and on the window sill. Usually forget abut them and don't eve check on them until something green pokes me in the eye

20180504 190203

This was a few days ago. Now everything is out and under lights. Need to transplant them

Toaster79

Toaster79

Helllllll naw. I'm not too worried about it, I can pheno hunt down the road. I'm getting a bunch of seeds out of these + I still have 7 seeds of cthulhu and 7 seeds of ninja fruit that are from the original seeds I ordered.

Alright then

I must say, I took the reflectors off my vero's and I do prefer it this way. Plants seem to like it more. Less of a hot spot, more even spread of light.

I never put any reflectors on. Simply drop my light 6" above the tallest plant and call it a day. Although I've been fiddling with the idea to take a reflector, cut it in 4 pcs and cover the corners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom